Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJetPulse
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2014 edited

This ride is available for download at the following links:
    NoLimits-Exchange
    Steam Workshop
    Also, the Scrambler flatride can be downloaded here:
    Scrambler

So, I decided that before I really dive into a large NL2 project (i.e. a full park) it would be good to make a single ride to make sure I had a grasp on the creation process from start to finish. So, this is Shadowhawk. It’s a realistically designed B&M dive machine. Most of the inspiration came from Griffon as that is the dive machine I know the best. The concept was to make a realistic coaster that was just a bit longer than Griffon. So I used common Dive Machine elements, and then added in a couple less common elements to fill out the ride a little more.
    Some Stats:
    Height: 172 ft
    Drop: 186 ft
    Length: 3456 ft
    Speed: 72 mph
    Inversions: 2

Major Features:
    90° Drop
    Immelmann
    Overbank Turn
    Dive Loop
    Water Splash

Current Scripts:
    Storage Door and Lights - rises when the transfer track moves away from the main track and lowers when the transfer returns
    Storage Drive Tires – Spin at correct speed when train is on them
    Station fans – simple script to make them spin
    Flat Rides – the drop tower I have shown previously in the Über Idea Thread as well as another flat ride

Progress
    Trackwork – 100%
    Supports – 90% (all of the NL2 supports are done, but I’m still adding some 3ds ones to account for some configurations that aren’t currently possible to the level of detail that I want)
    Scenery – 50%

In general I’m hoping that this ride will be done in the next 2ish months, but it’s no guarantee. Most of the scenery that directly interacts with NL2 objects is already in place so although there’s still a lot of scenery work to do, hopefully it will go pretty quick.

And now on to the pictures (click for full resolution)…

The overhead of the ride from the editor. Still a lot of scenery work to be done…
    Click for Full Resolution

View from the exit ramp of the ride (already shown in the Über Idea Thread)

Looking at the storage building and some of the track from near the queue entrance

Final brake run

Looking at the transfer track and storage building from the station (the storage door rises when the transfer moves over)

Inside the storage building

Looking at the station and storage building and water splash from the queue line
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2014

Hrrnnggghhhhh
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2014

I would like to assume you still have yet to increase the ambient lighting, right?
    Besides your objects being very dark, this is looking pretty great. Not too much uniqueness involved but it definitely has a lot of realism. I do really like that intimidating view from the queue line. The view doesn't hold anything back from you showing every element off in all its glory
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2014 edited

So, I've done some environment changes and made quite a bit of progress on the scenery. One of the big problems before what that the skybox I was using put the sun almost directly overhead which meant anything with a wood border around the roof had walls 100% in shadow. Since the amount of ambient light reaching these walls would be much higher it made everything look dark. I also had a problem with my thought process for how bright the actual textures should be. So, I've switched to a new skybox that puts the sun much closer to the horizon and adjusted both the diffuse and ambient lighting amounts.

On to some pics (click for full res)

Looking at the splash track and queue line from the nearby path

Another overview of the queue/ride area in general

Overview of scenery objects in the ride area
    • CommentAuthorsoldier148
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2014

Is there somewhere to download scenery items? Or all they all hand made?
    • CommentAuthorsbdb2099

Hi Jetpulse,

i often say to myself that i need to open my mind for other manufactures more, but a "realistically designed B&M" is still the thing i enjoy the most. Therefor i really like your project and with the reference of Night Caller(that is on my list of NL1 rides i need to catch up) we can expect a high quality ;).
    I especially look forward to the whole scripting part like the drop tower but also the little details you already mentioned. That is exactly the direction i want for some of my layouts someday. Will you password protect your park or are the scripts accessible for for learning purposes?

That one support on the pull up to the mcbr is quite funky ;). Worth discussing from an aesthetic point but sometimes you gotta find a solution right?

So...i´m looking forward to this and your planed schedule is exactly right for me. Can´t wait to really dive into NL2 then...

Daniel :)
    • CommentAuthorMilBee

This ride is looking awesome, I really like that fence in the first picture.

I know I have talked to you before and you said you are an engineering major but it looks like you have an act for architecture too seeing how those building look great!
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2014

So, work has been coming along slowly on this ride, but coming along nonetheless. First off, I've been doing a lot of detail work around the entire scene (fences, trash cans, benches, etc...). Second, I've added everything to transition the coaster into a night scene with path lamps, spot lights to illuminate parts of the ride, and scripts to turn them all off during the day. Lastly, I've added the control booth which includes a screen that actively displays what section of track is currently occupied (its mainly just a cute little scripting thing). Anyways, here's a new pic:

•  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2014

Wow. that looks amazing, the lighting looks great. I can really tell you put allot of work and detail into this. I hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get that brick wall texture.
    • CommentAuthorReal

Absolutely CLASSIC themepark lighting.
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse

Thanks, that's what I was going for.

The texture is from CGTextures.com. More specifically, it is this,
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

Thanks :D. that site is amazing, I have never seen it before. I'm now registered on it.
    wow this is amazing, can't wait to ride this ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2014

Why does NL2 make illuminations look so cool? (Not that I'm unhappy about it.) :P

Great job, JetPulse! That whole area is neatly done, can't wait to walk around and explore it.
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2016

Well, the Roundup 100 contest finally got me motivated to actually finish off the final details of this ride and make it ready for release (after a year and a half of collecting dust). So, everything will be available in a couple weeks!

Trailer
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2016

that is awesome news! I have one of your screenshots as a desktop background!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2016

Will you ever release that scripted scrambler ride you made?
    ^i would love to see this up for download...it looks great!
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016 edited

Shadowhawk is up for download from both NL-E and the Steam workshop. Download links are below.
    NoLimits-Exchange Download
    Steam Workshop Download

Also, just for TOGOFan below is a link to download the scrambler object. You should be able to simply place the folder in your park file and insert the object.
    Download Link for Scrambler
    Expect a link for the drop tower as well. I am just having 1 small problem with it at the moment that I want to fix before I put it up for download. Both the flat rides don't have much optimization so I also expect to go back and do a little more work on them in the future. For now, the Scrambler functions fine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRCF
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016

Not bad, but are your models optimized? My computer was running 10 FPS looking at the models, not normal.

Everytime I rode it, the train stopped on the drop out of the MCBR. I was so confused.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I love the scrambler ride! It did seem like the onboard camera did this glitchy thing when doing certain parts of the rotation of the whole ride while riding. Anyone else notice this?
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016 edited

Note: crap...I uploaded the wrong file. For those wondering why the train stops after the mcbr, it is a file for the video. The scene where it changes from day to night was originally going to go at that location on the coaster. Somehow I got the files mixed up and uploaded the wrong one. The new file will be up as soon as l get the chance.

As for the scrambler, if there's a problem with that I will look into it
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Here is the first park that i am using the new scrambler ride in.

• CommentAuthorJetPulse

Well, after that little debacle the correct file is finally available for download (assuming I didn't screw up again)! The download links above now point to the correct files and I've added links to the original post. Enjoy!