Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorgeek87de
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2014 edited

Hey Folks,
    it has been a while since i worked with NL1... i guess it was back in 2007 when i lost motivation and interest.. mostly due to the shutdown of coastersims.com.
    Some of you may know me as "grav" from coastersims or "MrYahoo" from coaster-games.net etc.
    It's quite cool to see some of the old guys here... and i am impressed by the increasing quality of rides, ideas, and presentations. Now i know it has been a while :P

I guess with NL2 i am motivated to work on some of my old projects, and also some new stuff (with FVD++). So here i am :P ...back... haha
    Starting with a Maurer X-Car Launch Coaster...influenced by Hollywood RRR and Shock called "Rebirth" surprisingly ;)

Featuring:
    - LSM Launch to 90 km/h
    - 45m high TopHat
    - Topspeeds up to 105 km/h
    - 4 Inversions, including an inclined loop, snake dive, inline twist and a roll

I am not planning on theming it too hard, just a nice environment, station and queue...i want to keep the focus on the ride and on the experience, as it is quite intense like most of the X-Car rides.
    And i work a lot with near misses, as some of the support work on real Maurer X-Cars really looks like a mess ;)
    I have another project in queue which will be bigger with more scenery etc, so i wanna keep it simple here.

Following pictures are a teaser... hopefully i will make progress this week to present new screenshots soon.

So let me know what you think :-) Any kind of input is welcome.
    And If some of the old CS guys are around, just say hi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2014

Hi from an old CS guy! :)

I like what I see so far, really like the dive off the MCBR. Looking forward to see more of this project!
    • CommentAuthorsbdb2099
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2014 edited

Finally :D. I´m really glad to see you here and i hope your motivation will last for a while.

About the coaster: I can´t give you a "professional" feedback for the Maurer X-Car as i have only seen a few videos of them and they are not "my type" if i´m honest. That "kink" at the top of the last picture looks a bit harsh but it could be due to perspective or LOD distance i guess. At least i know that you know what you do...you know? ;D...

Like viking i like the drop off the mcbr. I think it fits very well to the X-car. I´m looking forward to a supported version, since only then a design is "placed in the right light" imo.

Like you said the focus on this will be the coaster itself(which is a good thing ;). It could look a bit lost in the huge workspace that NL2 offers and i have an idea that could help with this(i would like to do the same with one of my layouts). I haven´t tested if it would work properly though...let´s talk about it at a later stage...

And again: good to see you here. Now i would like to see "rebirths"(;) of a few others like Wimmerl, Dancer, Red, etc....

Good Night
    Daniel :)
    • CommentAuthorgeek87de
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2014

Just a small update... support-o-rama ;)
    I guess the next update will take some more time... as i am exploring new terrain with SketchUP to put this ride in a nice environment.
    And i also want to improve the terrain and environment. We will see where it will lead :)
    In the meanwhile, 3 new pics for you:

•  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

Wow this looks amazing the support work looks great :D
    I love the supports. They look incredible!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

That looks very much like Maurer & Söhne's style. I like it. :)
    • CommentAuthorsbdb2099
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2014

Hey,

i can only see the first screenshot which looks pretty good. Can you fix the other pics? Knowing your projects from the past i´m pretty sure this will be intense, original but still nicely based on existing rides by Maurer(well you said it yourself;).

Looking forward to the next update
    Daniel :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2014

The thicker tubular and square spine: made from supports or 3Ds?
    • CommentAuthorgeek87de
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2014

Thank you for the comments :-) I appreciate you like the style of the supports.
    Maurer really does some weird stuff sometimes ;)

@unclearly
    It is made from supports. I connected rail connectors with Round and square tubes and adjusted the positions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2014

It works really well.
    I love your work on supports. Anyway, the coaster looks so cool.
    • CommentAuthorsbdb2099
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2014

So...everybody sees the three pictures?
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I can see them, yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I can only see the first :p
    Posted By: sbdb2099So...everybody sees the three pictures?

Yes, I can see all of them.
    • CommentAuthorsbdb2099
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2014

Ok. Strange. Maybe a problem with opera...

But the one screenshot looks nice anyway ;D...
    • CommentAuthorgeek87de
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2014

thats strange...
    i will upload them somewhere else when i got time... :-) maybe MS onedrive is not so reliable ;)
    • CommentAuthorgeek87de
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014 edited

Rebirth

try this, i shared the folder.. i hope this works.. especially for the last 2 pictures.
    • CommentAuthorgeek87de
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014 edited

New screenshots available!
    after some hard time with sketchup and the new features of the editor, i finally built up a setting for the ride, including a (not spectacular) station, q line and other simple stuff like spiralstairs.
    Additionally i added terrain and edited the environment. I think this one is close to finish so be prepared for the upcoming teaser and the final release :)

•  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014

Looks very original. Both track and supports look like something that Maurer Shone would do. Also, lighting in these last pictures is amazing, I really like the second pic. Nice work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014

Looking really good so far, I'll definitely keep an eye out for its release!
    Wow those first few pics look so life like! Seems like you got carried away supporting that MCBR though, and the horizontal linking on that launch pic seems a bit overkill too, maybe one lateral brace would be enough. Looks like a great layout you've got going on though, look forward to the onride POV.
    Absolutely gorgeous ride! Wow.
    • CommentAuthorgeek87de
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2014 edited

thank you very much :-) i really appreciate your words
    another screen, the panorama view

•  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2014

^That pic doesn't show for me. The other pictures you've already shown point towards an amazing coaster, though. ;) Keep it up!
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2014

Your supports look quite stunning, same for the track itself. The roll off the MCBR is awesome!
    • CommentAuthorgeek87de
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2014

teaser video incl. onride POV now available
    YouTube Video

Release very soon!
    I loved that video! Also the elevated launch looks so good, very pretty ride. My only problem is the lack of airtime :( about every hill is either over banked or inverted :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2014 edited

Great work! Trackwork is flawless and pretty intense as far as I can see, I'd just love to have seen some slow mo shots with this kind of music. ;)
    • CommentAuthorgeek87de
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2014

Rebirth is up now!

DOWNLOAD
    Have fun and feel free to comment and rate!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2014

I will rate you here since I don't have NL2. That was very good.
    T: a few bumps here and there, but nothing too noticeable. It had a very bizarre layout, just like real manufacturer coasters. Supports were great, and pretty realistic.
    A: This was perfect, I'd like to ride it in real life. I think the best part is the drop from MCBR. Really well executed. The ride looks like and intense and fast coaster. Nice work.
    O: It was good too. Seems very Maurer Shone, but still unique. The drop from MCBR and the inclined loop makes you get some points. Also the top hat. I have seen very few top hats like that, and is a good element.

I'd like to mention the lighting and environment. The both look great. Well, you made a nice work with this coaster and I'm looking forward to see more of your work. Without seeing the forces, I' d rate with a 8.75.