Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPlantoris
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2014 edited

Wild Thing Valleyfair!

ride wild thing coaster with the longest low G section in the world. record holder since 1996. it was also one on the longest coasters. Morgan's 1'st hyper coaster.

Wild Thing

Just out of curiosity, I checked out some other hilltop times for comparison...

Wild Thing: ~3.6s
    Millennium Force: ~4.5s
    Diamondback: ~4.5s
    Intimidator 305 (opening day version): ~2.9s
    Voyage: ~3.8s
    Top Thrill Dragster: 7.1s

Now, of course, I don't know that all these rides maintain 0G or lower over the entire crest, but it still makes me think Wild Thing no longer holds that title. It looks like a cool ride though given its age.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2014

I'm pretty sure that TTD's tophat doesn't maintain 0G over the whole crest, but at the same time I have a hard time believing that Wild Thing has longer uninterrupted airtime than, say, a B&M hyper. I do love me some Morgan hyper, though.
    I'd think it depends on the launch you get. When I rode summer 2003 it baaarely made it over the top, but I've seen videos where it flies over and definitely doesn't get back above 0.
    • CommentAuthorPlantoris

the point was to ride the coaster not try and prove me wrong.

Chillax, half your description here was about the record, not about your recreation of the ride, and as such I was curious. If you'd like to inspire more interest in your recreation in particular, I'd suggest adding pictures and telling people what makes your recreation stand out (trackwork accuracy, scenery quality, supporting, details, etc.).
    • CommentAuthorPlantoris

that's what everyone says but I did that and got chewed out for it. I no longer will waste my time writing all about it, just ride it and see, or don't. but by the time you wrote a comment bashing my coaster, what I say, or how I do it, you could have downloaded it, ridden it, and you would know.

• CommentAuthorzacattack
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2014 edited

That's not even true, because his original question was about whether or not Wild Thing still holds the record, which can't be discerned from an NL2 recreation. You seem to have a really hard time with anything other than glowing praise for your tracks or the way you present them; it doesn't exactly inspire me to want to give any constructive criticism on this track and I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way. As DC said... chillax.

As for the actual record, I too have a hard time believing that it still stands 18 years later. I don't know that any of the examples given have longer sustained negs, but just using common sense it would be unusual for any roller coaster record to stick for almost two decades. In case there's any confusion, that's not a comment on your recreation but rather the real-life ride itself.

I'll leave a full rate when I have the time, but I have ridden it. The only thing I want to point out here is that I don't think your MCBR trims the speed enough. Last time I was at VF the MCBR cut the speed by almost half and the final bunny hops were pulling very little negative Gs. This was the same on about 10 rides, so it's not like it happened on one iffy circuit. Maybe that's been changed? Also, I don't think your color scheme accurately reflects the fading that has occurred over the past eighteen years.
    • CommentAuthorPlantoris
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2014

you guys are way off base. this is what happened from my pov.

I uploaded my coaster and within about 2 hours had been bumped off the new list so chances of people seeing it is very small. so I posted a link here for more to see and test it out. then later I look and DC high heat is refute my comment with facts that he can not back up any better than I can, and he didn't even bother to try the coaster.(he was not asking a question)

now you say "You seem to have a really hard time with anything other than glowing praise for your tracks or the way you present them" although I have not received ANY type of feedback/comments/ratings on the coaster, it only has 1 download. as a matter of fact on another site someone gave me the same comment about the MCBR and I have already fixed it.

im just sick of spending lots of time making fun coasters, posting them to share with others, and getting a load of people telling me how what I wrote is wrong, or I didn't present it properly. its a roller coaster simulator, I'm not in advertising, im not in marketing, and I don't get paid for this. I do this for my own enjoyment and I thought that it would be nice to share my works with other coaster enthusiasts but I am getting the feeling that there are not many on this site. P.S. I have never asked for rates so don't start on that bs.

Fair enough. This is my perspective, one that is probably shared by others.

"Hey! Look here! I got this ride I made over the weekend, it's lots of fun and it's Wild Thing at Valleyfair. I also have this fun fact to share."

Point noted. Am I any more inclined to ride than if I HAD seen it on the new list? No. Did the creator make me want to download? Not really. Do I have a faint feeling of deja vu? Sorta. Plantoris. Hmm. Sounds familiar. *remembers* Ah! Has the this same thing been done before before; if so, has anyone brought this up to him? Yeah not the first time, yes. Is there any marked change from the last coaster he didn't make me want to ride? Well, not really.

[reading comments]

Ah; DC did a quick check on that factoid. Interesting.

[continues]

Comes to this "Well gosh, how come no one wanted to ride my recreation? I really want people to ride. Link here"

[more replies, bringing up the same points you've been given before]

[scrolling]

"Waaa! Nobody rode my track! Nobody ever does and I work real hard on them and don't think anyone should criticize it because it's fun and the name of the game's No Limits so just back off I'm really tired of this thing where I don't put in enough effort to stir interest in my work and they're always wanting me to write something short and show some pictures or maybe start a construction thread which I really don't feel like doing because I think I should have to prove my worth around here and you're all just trying to suppress me by giving unsolicited advice that I won't follow anyway." (said in the manner of Vicky Pollard from Little Britain)

Stares at screen momentarily. Ponders. Worth it? Sure, I'll give him one more chance.

[typing]
    Well, Valleyfair advertises it as having "one of the longest low gravity sections in the world", not THE longest. I'm not sure what the standard of measurement is, all I know is that I have been on the ride close to 300 times and one of my favorite things to do is count how long it takes for me to push up out of my seat to when I get pressed back in at the bottom of the drop. I usually make it to 5 seconds. I've only ridden MF a few times, but I actually found it was about the same duration and intensity between the first airtime hill of MF and the second hill of WT.

As for the general process for success around here, there are a lot of tough critics. It's because a lot of people here have been around a long time and have put huge amounts of effort into getting amazing at making rides and scenery, and it doesn't just happen overnight. It takes work, and you are going to get what seems like very harsh words at first. It may make you want to stop sharing. But if you make your tracks little by little, and post lots of pictures asking for input, and actually listen to that input, you may find that once you finally finish the ride, you will have a product good enough that people want to comment on it. That is just how it works on this forum.

If nothing else, there is always youtube, where anything can be considered amazing since not as many people understand what is actually going on.
    • CommentAuthorPlantoris

mightbeawannabe if you weren't too busy trolling you would remember our last conversation being about advertising with pics, info, videos, and building it with the community. that's exacly what I did over almost 2 weeks with little to no effect. did you participate? did you ride? so its hard for me to hold any validity to what you say if you don't even do what you say.

if you go to the valleyfair! website and look at wildthing it says

"Longest low-gravity section of any coaster in the world." I have a feeling they would not put that there if they didn't know.

Valleyfair!

if you guys don't want too ride or are to scared that's cool just move on please.

so ya back to the thread topic

come ride my coaster that I worked hard on.

Wild Thing

"I have a feeling they would not put that there if they didn't know."

They don't know.

http://rcdb.com/140.htm
    http://rcdb.com/1127.htm

No disputing 0G on those.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

Posted By: Plantorisadvertising with pics, info, videos, and building it with the community. that's exacly what I did

Just for the record, I don't recall seeing a "Wild Thing Recreation" construction thread around here anytime in the past couple weeks...anyone else?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

If you want downloads so bad, then make a construction thread so we can give you some help and it will help us know the coaster better when you upload it.
    • CommentAuthorPlantoris
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2014

no thanks

•  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2014 edited

Stubbornness at its finest, everyone

Find it here, on NLE Forums

Just another productive, civil day here at NLE.

• CommentAuthorJAKool

Not to mention you call everyone with criticism a troll and their criticism trolling.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee

The only time you made a thread here was for a coaster that was totally unrealistic. It's not hard to make an original coaster that is realistic. If you do that, then you will get good feedback.

I know I (and other people may be with me) won't download any of your tracks because you whine for attention and then complain if people don't download your track.

It's really not that hard to make a decent coaster...maybe try it sometime.
    Yea you could try not being a douche to other people that helps with the download count.
    • CommentAuthorPlantoris

all I did was post a link. whos trolling? whos being a douche? my track has no criticism so let me know when it does.

try harder guys.

•  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2014 edited

Here's the thing, someone did post their opinion/criticism of your coaster on CoasterCrazy, then you asked to have it removed because you claimed it was a troll.
    • CommentAuthorPlantoris

there is an issue with the rating system over there and they are working on that. I thought it was a troll cause it was a rate of 1, although I did specify that I had no problem with his comments.

nice try though

•  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2014 edited

Once again, you calling anyone that criticizes you a troll, twice in a row. Seriously, just take the advice the forums are giving you.
    EDIT: I thought you didn't want rates according to a previous post, now your complaining about the lack of them?
    • CommentAuthorPlantoris

Posted By: cheetahOnce again, you calling anyone that criticizes you a troll, twice in a row. Seriously, just take the advice the forums are giving you.
    EDIT: I thought you didn't want rates according to a previous post, now your complaining about the lack of them?

not sure where you get your information, but not one word is true. read the forum please, not once did I ask for rates. I never complained about downloads. as a matter of fact I said

"if you guys don't want too ride or are to scared that's cool just move on please."

meaning I don't care if you download or not.

please try to read before you try insulting someone, otherwise you just make yourself look bad.
    You advertised your rides in your other thread. If i recall correctly it was a construction thread of yours where you said, hey come check out my other coasters! Then you proceeded to link 2 of your rides.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

We've ridden, we've commented, we've done what you asked. Why are you giving us grief ?
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Downloaded and rated. I hope you agree with what I've said and feel that it's a fair rating.

Like the others have said, construction threads will drum up interest in your rides and allow you to get some great feedback before your ride ever hits the exchange. You might not always get replies that you want (or any at all!) but persevere and it pays off. I've only just started doing construction threads after lurking on the exchange side of the site for years, but already it has really helped me with getting feedback on my rides and becoming a better designer.
    Posted By: Plantorisadvertising with pics, info, videos, and building it with the community. that's exacly what I did over almost 2 weeks with little to no effect.

OK, I admit this probably isn't going to help, but I'm really puzzled by your logic here. Sidewinder (the ride you shared with us before release) Is comfortably your most downloaded coaster, you even got construction advice from people like CrazyCoaster (again, check the exchange top 10, familiar name). By what measure did the advice to ask for advice during construction not work? As far as I can tell, if anything was detrimental it was the fact that you released the ride in almost the exact same state as the screenshots you posted at the start of the thread. I saw no adjustments to criticism when riding it.

Please, everybody here is not making this up, why would we? If you want meaningful feedback for your ride, and ratings are usually not that, discuss your ride construction before release (and before the track is even complete) and accept proper feedback.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2014

Making a construction thread = more downloads
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

I'm seeing that allot of people on the forums only car about "downloads" or "rating". I'm not gonna point finger's but that's pretty sad if some people are getting so mad to the point of create a 25+ comment argument on a thread. I joined the forums to talk to other people who care and have a passion for building and discussing coasters, not to get attention and "ratting's".
    • CommentAuthorPlantoris

Posted By: 1bluesheI'm seeing that allot of people on the forums only car about "downloads" or "rating". I'm not gonna point finger's but that's pretty sad if some people are getting so mad to the point of create a 25+ comment argument on a thread. I joined the forums to talk to other people who care and have a passion for building and discussing coasters, not to get attention and "ratting's".

that's exactly what I've been saying the whole time.

I want to send a thanks to Ole, and sprog for their comments.
    Really dude - http://www.coastercrazy.com/20183/Sidewinder
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2014

Posted By: Plantoris
    Posted By: 1bluesheI'm seeing that allot of people on the forums only car about "downloads" or "rating". I'm not gonna point finger's but that's pretty sad if some people are getting so mad to the point of create a 25+ comment argument on a thread. I joined the forums to talk to other people who care and have a passion for building and discussing coasters, not to get attention and "ratting's".

that's exactly what I've been saying the whole time.

I want to send a thanks to Ole, and sprog for their comments.

Ummmmmmmmm no offence I was kinda talking about you and others. I wasn't defending you.