Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I thought I would be cool to have a thread where people can showcase their models. I'll start:

What models have YOU made?
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2014

I will show some of my models tomorrow but this is a great idea for a thread. I hope to see some cool stuff on here :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2014 edited

Not really much, but I suppose it's something I could post :)

It's the start to the station of my Wingrider, but I'mma wait until the update's released so I can get all the measurements right :)

Here is my mountain for my coaster Bounce!. Untextured. Nothing fancy but I'm quite happy with it.

•  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

^ what program did you use to make that? Was it blender?
    ^Yeah its Blender :)
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

Always wanted to get into blender but never got around to it. I have it on my computer I just never use it lol.
    I spy excessive subsurf lol
    Haha yeah :D wasn't on the real model that was put to nl2 ofc :D
    • CommentAuthornannerdw

That looks cool, LikiNilsson. Some of the rock arches look a little thin, though. The inflate tool in Blender's sculpt mode could help with that.

Btw, I noticed you used flat shading in the final version. I'm making something similar, but I want my model to have smooth shading. It looks like this unless I subsurf the hell out of it:

I had to push the poly count up from 5,000 to 48,000 before the problem went away. It doesn't affect performance in any noticeable way on my laptop, so I'm thinking of just leaving it subsurfed, unless I can find a way to fix the shadow problem.
    • CommentAuthorLikiNilsson

Yeah thats why I used flat.
    ^^48,000 polygons is perfectly acceptable for a modern realtime 3D scene. I'd say go for it
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2014

I used to do quite a bit of stadium modeling in Sketchup, check out my album here

If anyone is over on the Skyscrapercity forum I have posted alot of these in the stadium design thread, my username is MrYoung.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParallax

photo SkyRush12Edit_zpsfa3b0fb3.jpg

photo Banshee5_zpsd521afc8.jpg

photo I305Car_zps4f33818a.jpg

photo GatekeeperTeaser.jpg

photo GenericHD.jpg

photo DiloCutout2_zps82da7b86.png

photo FLSOCLOSE_zpsa4e5740d.jpg

There is some of my stuff.
    • CommentAuthorBye Tom
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2014 edited

It just so happens that the other day I put together a collage of some architectural work I've done for what I guess you'd have to call some clients. I don't want anyone to think that I do this professionally though, as my renders would be then be... well, sub par.

•  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

OMG Parallax you worked on the intamin super pack?!?! I was mad because the superman at MM CTR was never released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParallax

Yes, I'm a member of the Intamin Super Pack!

There is a long list of stuff that we really want to release, but we literally never have the time to all work together on stuff.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

o hai Parallax

Brings some good memories of the ISP. Shame you can't work on it at all, those Intimidator trains are amazing.
    Here are some renders of my previous visualization project. These will give you an idea of how The Flying Machine will look when it's finished.

that's pretty damn good.

But really? opaque water? =P
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2014

Wow, that looks amazing :D

What did you use to render ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Bianco Hills how original. lol. If you get what Bianco Hills is a reference to than you can consider yourself special.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I really, really love that render. Remind me again, what 3D program do you use?
    I make the "grey" modeling in Rhinoceros, a NURBS-based application. Then, I export the models as polygonal OBJs into Autodesk Maya where I create the surrounding environment and deal with UVs, texturing and materials. Then, after much fiddling with the settings, the scene gets rendered out using Mental Ray.

Posted By: secretimbecileBut really? opaque water? =P

Yep. The water is not completely opaque but it appears that way. I experimented with different levels of transparency for the water and I wasn't getting the result that I wanted.

Posted By: ParadoxBianco Hills how original. lol. If you get what Bianco Hills is a reference to than you can consider yourself special.

Yeah, the name comes from where you think it does, but it fits the environment and it works. Pretty much everything surrounding the name (including the logo) is completely original.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2014

I am working on a launched Intamin coaster at the moment, its not even halfway done, but I might as well share the coastercar already, cause they are done:

Click to see an album with more images
    Nice work, that looks awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

That train is adorable.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

That is really, really cool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2014 edited

That train looks great! Got any plans to customize the license plates for each train (a la Backlot Stunt/Rock N Roller Coaster)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2014

^ Thats a very cool idea, and I might do that. But not before the coaster has a name. I have a blue version for the second car now.
    • CommentAuthorKyle Sloane
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2014 edited

poster-2014-03-23-15-51-41
    poster-2014-03-23-15-51-12
    poster-2014-03-23-16-00-51
    poster-2014-03-23-16-16-53
    poster-2014-03-23-16-27-36
    poster-2014-03-23-16-28-10
    Once they Figure out some 3ds track spline export options Ill be having lots of fun with this..

Edit-

Actually The NL team should bake some ambient occlusion into their models so that I wont have to.
    Would you mind telling me how you did that?

Pictures!

• CommentAuthorElvenage
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2014

I spy Kumba and Falcon's Fury. Very nice!
    • CommentAuthorMilBee

Why re-make the B&M sit down trains?
    Its for TPS and RCT3, but mainly RCT3 =)
    • CommentAuthorMilBee

In that case, it looks awesome!
    Posted By: TheCodeMasterWould you mind telling me how you did that?

Which part ?
    The Custom Ties.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParallax

A little late to the B&M Sit Down game, aren't we CodeMaster?

photo DKFinal.jpg

Welcome to September 2012, brah!
    ^^It's an entirely custom track
    Posted By: ParallaxA little late to the B&M Sit Down game, aren't we CodeMaster?

photo DKFinal.jpg

Welcome to September 2012, brah!

But.. But.. But.. RaceCar!!11 !!!!!!!111!!

The only reason I'm making a Sitdown is for the sake of the Ultimate Pack, hope that's ok

-TCM

• CommentAuthorhomestea
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2014 edited

Here's my seven dwarfs mine train 3d model progress. Still has quite a bit of work left.

• CommentAuthorsbdb2099
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2014

Isn't it an unspoken rule to have only one account ride_op? Seriously...

Ok seriously serious now ;)...nice work guys.
    I love that phrase.

B&M Family Invert.
    That looks good, but the original "photo" of the family train was in reality someone messing around in MS Paint. We still don't know exactly what the trains look like...

Skyrush Model I made today
    •  
      CommentAuthormkj3322
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2014 edited

I guess I should use this thread for the rest of my project. I am working on a model of Zumanjaro that I would eventually like to script if I learn how.

The trains for my Balder recreation:
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2014 edited

Posted By: TheCodeMaster
    B&M Family Invert.

I've modified your train with more distance between two seats