Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hi. I don't think anybody remembers me, but hello again nonetheless. :P

School is technically over now where I live, and I finally got a copy of NL2. I'm surprised how easy it is to build things now, especially 0G Roll-based elements. In NL1 it was nearly impossible to make 0G rolls without tools; now making one is one of the most trivial of things. Anyway...

This is my first NL2 coaster. Keep in mind that I'm not really trying to mimic any specific type of manufacturer here; just trying to keep things... simple... for my first NL2 ride.

The layout is final, and I'm currently working on supports right now. Here are some images.

^ Wing Coaster drop?

^ Nope.

^ The loop is intentionally shaped circular, for the 0G at the top.

^ Intentionally unheartlined 0G-corkscrew hybrid, for the ejector hangtime / airtime combo at the top, plus laterals.

•  
      CommentAuthorAussieMine
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2014 edited

That loops definitely needs worked on, Even if it's meant for Zero-G's at the top, It's still needs a bit of work.
    Of course we remember you :)
    ^^ Yeah I'll probably try to work on the vertical loop a bit more before I begin supporting it. Though it won't be as teardrop-shaped as, say, a regular Arrow vertical loop.

^ Glad to know that :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2014 edited

Your loop could look something like this for zero-g but still look good:
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2014

I'd say try to base your loop shaping off of Gerstlauer's loops - the 320 model might be a good reference.
    I modified the loop and added some more supports, up to the 0G-cork thing.

UPDATE

Supports are finished. All that's left to do is to add the little details (flanges, scenery, etc.)

^ (Yes, I'm sorry but I had to)

• CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2014

Looking really nice, i just don't like the supports you did for the immelman, i think they're looking gratiutous massive.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2014

I like the way this looks. What's going on with the weird curves before the storage/transfer track, though?
    ^ That part is kind of a post-ride section to add some resolution to the ride. The ride still has a little speed towards the end (like 20-ish km/h), because the brakes are set to have pretty slow deceleration force.

I've changed the supports. What do you guys think?

Honestly, I'd do speed monster style supports for the immelman (similar to those used on the Norwegian Loop), but put an original spin on it. Also, the connectors between the track and the support should be 16 in pipes, not the massive ones that are used in this case... I'm digging the layout though.
    The connectors between the track and main supports are small sections of 12'' tubes. But regarding the immelmann supports, I see what you mean now that I look more closely at the leftmost Immelmann support; it does look somewhat undersupported at that part of the ride.
    I understand that the connection itself is a small pipe, but to put it quite bluntly, it looks bad. Now I know that the supports on a Mack such as blue fire do in fact narrow down before they reach the track. But it is nothing to the extent of what is displayed. I would use something like this,
    http://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1530622768/Maverick14.jpg
    for your supports since .3ds would be the only way to accurately create Mack style supports (for Blue Fire at least). I know I've only mentioned intamin support examples in this, but I feel that they are a good example to start with and base your custom supports off of. Good luck!
    UPDATE
    Nothing much to show, other than the fact that I've "fixed" the Immelmann supports, added some scenery, and finished support flanging and footer rotating. Basically, it's in a releasable state now, but I think I'll add a little more scenery.

•  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2014

Posted By: Luisvaldez989I don't think anybody remembers me
    How can we forget the one who made Gyrfalcon?

This coaster is coming along nicely so far (love the colours!). Something is wrong about the benches or the lamps, though, although I can't tell what exactly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2014

^ The scale is definitely off.
    Everything else looks very good! That's a cute original ride, great job Luis (I do remember you as well ;)...).
    Thanks for the feedback guys. :D

I'll try to fix the issue with the benches, as well as finalize some other things, before the track file's released on Monday. In the meantime, here's a video.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2014

Great trackwork there, Luis, really flowing! The first drop is awesome, the rest of the layout is also pretty unique (although one could say there are B&M and Mack influences).
    Thanks baadrix!

I've modified the benches so that they're a little bit higher off the ground, and so that they actually look like benches instead of chairs.

I've also modified one of the Immelmann supports, so now I'm 100% sure it's structurally stable. (The triangle support in the midddle used to be a slightly leaning A-shape support.)
    I honestly don't think the immelman support needs the extra bracing on the side of it. Just to confirm it though, how tall is that element?
    It's somewhere around the 27 ~ 30m tall range.
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. :) P Express is now up for download on the Exchange!

Enjoy your ride!

This project is far from over.

I am continuing this project, using P Express' beautiful setting around a hill. Two previously unreleased roller coasters will be added to the park. They are some of my best work and I am excited to share them to you guys!

First off, we have Selva Grande Flyer

Selva Grande Flyer may be familiar to most of you who have been here for a while. This short but sweet wooden roller coaster experience is riddled with pops of floater airtime and maintains a very fast pace throughout the entire ride. Being less than 30 meters (100 feet) tall, this ride does not look too intimidating, but it WILL pack a punch when you get on it!

The next new coaster in the park is Altus

Reaching a height of 99.5 meters (326.5 feet), this ride combines the best characteristics of the Gigacoasters in one soaring, action-packed, high-speed, intense ride that knows when to dial up or tone down the intensity level. I personally cannot wait to release this ride! Despite being two years old, this ride remains one of my best rides ever.

So what do you guys think? :)

•  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2014

I would like to see the second high speed hill to be replaced with a normal airtime hill to make the skyline of the coaster look better, personally.
    I agree that it would look better on the skyline but since it's an older ride I would assume it was made in Newton, so it's all good if you can't change anything. Everything is looking great though! I don't remember exactly which woodie that is because I remember you released so many different layouts haha, but I'm sure it's good.
    Yeah I can't change anything about Altus at this point, unfortunately, since I can't find the original Newton file anymore. ASC - Hahaha that's true I did make a lot of layouts! This is the last one I worked on though. Thanks for the feedback guys!
    Taking advantage of class suspension by finishing all the remaining supports (minus the flanges) on Altus, from the first drop all the way back to the station.

•  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2014

I love that sharp curves into High Speed humps
    Update - Flanging is complete, and I've decorated the area around Altus with trees making it look much better than the wasteland it was before.

For thousands of years, mankind has always longed to explore. Man has launched countless expeditions throughout history, in the hopes of discovering something new, gaining knowledge, or even simply expanding its presence on Earth. The human mind has known for thousands of years that no matter how far it goes and no matter how much it learns, there will always be something new for it to discover. But despite this, man's desire to uncover new paths, new treasure, new secrets to uncover, is the reason for his undying thirst for exploration.

NEW ROLLER COASTER - TO BE REVEALED
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2015

Looking good! But I would remove the flanges near the footers, they do not make any practical sense and are not found like that in real life. I mean, you already have a flange where the support connects to the footer, why have another one a foot away?
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2015 edited

^That!
    Nice teasers so far, this park is coming along very nicely. Is the new coaster of your own style or of Schwarzkopf? Gyrfalcon was pretty nice back in the day for being one of the first FVD releases so I'm interested to see where you take this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2015

Besides some track connectors going through the seams of the B&M this really looks fantastic. I'm also quite intrigued by the new coaster, can't wait to see its full layout.

Btw, would you mind uploading smaller pictures (like for example .jpgs instead of .pngs)? I tend to skip image-heavy thread like these when they take ages to load, which would have been a shame in this case. ;)
    viking86 and nolimiters: I have removed the flanges mentioned. Thanks for pointing those out!
    AJ: This new ride isn't really designed with any real-life manufacturer in mind hahaha. I'm interested too what you guys will think of it when it's revealed!
    baadrix: Thank you! I'll be uploading JPEG images from now on, thanks for mentioning that. :)

"Eerhtytfiftniopeninytnevesdnaderdnuheerhtdnasuohteerht"

Do not be afraid to venture into the unexplored.

TO BE REVEALED ON THE 11TH OF JANUARY 2015
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2015

Posted By: Luisvaldez989Eerhtytfiftniopeninytnevesdnaderdnunheerhtdnasuohteerht
    You need to delete the "n" before "heerhtdnasuohteerht". :P
    Sounds interesting, though. Love the teaser pics.
    ^ SHHHHHHH the message is a secret :P And thanks! :D
    9:37 AM, 11th January 2015 (GMT+8)

Introducing TRAILBLAZER - THE WORLD'S LONGEST ROLLER COASTER

With a length of 3379.53 meters (11087.7 feet), Trailblazer will take you farther than any other roller coaster has ever dared to go. A four-minute journey filled with hills, twists and turns awaits you on this epic ride, culminating in one of the most intense finales of any roller coaster!

Inspired by Lisebergbanan, T Express, The Ultimate, and The Beast, I wanted to make a ride whose concept would usually be that of a fantasy coaster, but design it so that it could actually be made in real life (if anyone were willing to pitch in money for it, of course. :P)

Well, what do you guys think? :)
    Can we have a POV?
    Awesome, looks very cool. Can't wait to ride it seeing what you've got so far. It seems to have some nice variations to it to keep the 11,000 ft journey interesting.
    No complete onride POV just yet unfortunately, but I do have a trailer video for this roller coaster up on YouTube. :)

Clickies!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2015 edited

Very nice, the deliberately built in laterals surely enhance the out-of-control feeling. The transitions we can see in the video look very interesting and incorporated very well, but I also really like the one in the last picture above.
    Have you thought of making the straight downhill section a bit more thrilling, though? Right now I think it kinda sticks out as the least exciting element of the whole ride. I can see that your idea here is diving into the the tunnel and thus making it somewhat scary, but I feel it could be designed "crazier" similar to the rest of the ride - I don't know, maybe a heartline roll or a triple/quadruple down?
    Ah yeah it does make sense to change that part up a bit. I like the idea of having a triple down; it's some sort of repetition that signals the beginning of the finale since every "section" of the ride ends with a series of small airtime hills. I'll see how that works. :)
    UPDATE - I'm sorry but it looks like I'll be keeping the original drop after all; I did change the drop to see how it would ride but I still preferred the straight drop, just for the anticipation factor as the train approaches the tunnel below.

Although baadrix, your suggestion did give me a new idea -- instead of a 540-degree underground helix, why not have a triple-down into an underground tunnel (followed by another double-down) for the grand finale? For very intense, rapid-fire airtime and strategic repetition!

BTW these modifications extended the length of the coaster to 3574.93 meters (11728.77 feet) long.
    UPDATE - Supporting has finally begun! Sorry for the insanely slow progress but I can barely find time to work on this thing; I just have a ton of stuff to do including a really difficult research project defense next week.

I changed the track style because adding a transfer table using the Classic Steel Looping style doesn't translate well when you add the catwalks (which dig right into the transfer table). Miraculously, when using the Hyper Coaster style on this ride, there still aren't any car collisions from even slightly high roll speeds (something that's put me off from using this track style for quite a long time). Change in heartline is also barely an issue; I relied more on laterals on this ride than banking so forces and aesthetic quality remain virtually unchanged.

I'm not really 100% sure what to do with the supports for the lift hills shown in the screens, but I do know that I want to somehow have a shared support structure for those two lifts. I think what I have now looks good enough, but any other suggestions are welcome!
    I think the supports are alright for now, they could work alone but maybe just beef it up with scenery? I'm interested to see more, keep it up man.
    UPDATE - I've created supports for the two main drops, as well as the first turn after the 1st lift hill.

•  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2015

Looks great so far, pretty exciting as well! I hope to see more of this.
    Trailblazer certainly seems like would make for a great award winning ride. The other coasters also seems very good and also seems like they took a lot of thought. Great job with the park so far ^_^
    • CommentAuthorMGCD
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2015 edited

The new ride looks wicked man, that long descending slope into the tunnel, what a rush! Maybe use some volume fog, scaled up and set to dim under properties, the fog would just add to the thrill :) your call though

You're park is very unique, nice job laying it out - the terrain and track interact very well.

edit:
    typo