Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2014 edited

All we really know right now is that Kolmården will have a new coaster called Wildfire

I guess KingRCT3 is really passionate about this thread even though it is still 2014 -_- so let's make this thread for no apparent reason at all yay!

Also, Port Aventura will open a Ferrari themed world with a strata and drop towers and a new Ferrari themed hotel (WTF?)

Here is Wildfire's logo and we will have all the information for it on April 8th.

I don't understand what you have against a 2016 thread when there are rides that are coming out in 2016...
    The reason that he has a problem with it is because, as we all know, thing's/plans can change. Two years is a long time for a ride and thus doesn't give us as a community an accurate description or representation of a ride that may or may not even exist in 2016....

Edit: The strata design is kinda self explanatory and most likely won't change, so that's an exception to the previous statement. But with Wildfire, we know next to nothing except the name....
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

The reason a 2016 is needed is that we're starting to hear things about projects that will open in 2016. That's simply off-topic on a 2015 thread. As simple as that.
    Not my fault if parks communicate two years in advance (IMO that's not that much either).

Plus, we will hear more about WildFire soon, and Robb is really excited about it. Something revolutionary is coming..!
    ^That
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2014

Still, two projects with extremely limited details doesn't leave a whole lot of content for a new thread. We've got 2.5 weeks before any additional details come out about wildfire, It's a long wait for a thread to just sit around.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2014

Why is everyone moaning ? It's not really a bother to anyone, or am i missing something ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Exactly, and in addition, such a topic would have popped up on day or another, I'm sure there will be new rides in 2016...

EDIT: Premier Rides made an announcement for 2017 ( badass multiple launches coaster with a vertical backward launch on a rotating tower. No joking.).
    Should I make a 2017 thread? :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2014

Why not? It's not like we have to pay every time someone makes a new thread :P
    Yea i don't get it, a 2016 thread is bound to happen anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014

Well we have 1 more week until the final reveal of Wildfire!

While we wait, let's comment on what we think the ride will be, or maybe it is just a really well thought out April Fool's.

I think it is going to be an awesome wooden coaster with maybe 1 invertion
    •  
      CommentAuthor6FlagsManiac
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014 edited

Hype or nah?

Mod edit: fixed your link
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014 edited

Check the date on that post there buddy. I do like that the Polercoaster is such a joke that announcing the construction of one is an April Fools-worthy joke all by itself.

I'm quite aware
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2014

Not to mention that same blog stated about how the Sky Tower would be getting new elevators.
    Kolmården BUILDS the WORLD'S BEST WOODEN Roller Coaster
    This summer, work will begin on Wildfire, the world's best wooden roller coaster. Thanks to new technology Wildfire’s pushing the limits of what was previously possible. Once it is officially opened in the spring of 2016, it will be Scandinavia's fastest and tallest roller coaster and the fastest wooden roller coaster in Europe. The investment totals SEK 110 m.

At the top of the first climb, you are 132 metres above the blue waters of Bråviken bay, with a fantastic view over Kolmården's beautiful scenery. At the crest, the view suddenly gives way as you plunge 49 metres down toward the bottom of the ravine at an 83-degree angle in free fall. Your speed will pass 110 km/h as you approach the start of the next ascent and enter an 'Inverted Zero G Stall'. You are weightless! The train speeds onwards through the woods along the 1.3 kilometre track. Wildfire races between the treetops and the sensation that the laws of physics are being broken continues right up to the end.

"For a long time, our goal has been to build the world's best roller coaster at Kolmården. The challenge has been to develop a world class roller coaster that blends in with the extraordinary landscape and the park's atmosphere. This has finally been made possible thanks to modern technology. We are delighted that this dream can finally be realised," says Johan Tidstrand, principal owner of Parks and Resorts.

Wildfire, which will open at Kolmården in the spring of 2016, belongs to the new generation of wooden roller coasters. The ride is being built using new, patented technology that is revolutionising and pushing the boundaries for wooden coasters. The first roller coaster to use the new technology was built in 2013 at the Silver Dollar City theme park. Wildfire will be the first roller coaster of its type outside the USA. The result is a 57 metre high, 1.3 kilometre long track with a maximum speed of 113 km/h, three inversions and 12 airtime hills (4 with negative G). Wildfire will also be quieter than wooden roller coasters in general.

"We have taken some of the best elements of the world's best roller coasters, added new ideas and created a unique ride. The result is Wildfire, a ride with so much air time, action and intensity that it has no equal. The two-minute ride through Kolmården's dramatic terrain high above the waters of Bråviken bay, will make it the world's best wooden coaster," says Peter Osbeck, Ride Manager at Parks and Resorts.

The investment in the new attraction amounts to SEK 110 million. Wildfire is being built using Swedish lumber.

"Wildfire, along with the other investments at the park, is being built in order to develop Kolmården as one of Sweden's top destinations. By continuously expanding the park, Kolmården will become an even better destination and we can attract more visitors. This will enable us to reach out to more people with our public education initiatives," says Mats Olsson, CEO at Kolmården.

The name Wildfire has a strong link to the natural and cultural history of the area. Wildfires helped to shape the landscape and have been critical to the unique biodiversity that has been preserved in the area until this day.

Wildfire is built by Rocky Mountain Construction. They will build the entire attraction including the trains. The track and trains are both their own patented designs. The trains for Wildfire will be custom designed. Vekoma, Rocky Mountain Construction’s European agent, is responsible for the power and control systems. The track design and layout is made by Alan Schilke, one of the world's best coaster engineer.

• CommentAuthorElvenage
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2014

wow.
    Holy shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Uh, floating track. 0/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Unleash the Six Flags RMC coasters for 2016 which will use the same gimmick -_-
    I know where I am going to be in 2016 for sure! I would take a RMC coaster over basically any other company now besides the occasional intamin and mack coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Here's a POV! Looks like they've jumped on the NL2 Train

You Swedes get all the good stuff >:O

•  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny

Holy shit that coaster is long, could lead to capacity issues. But I guess in Sweden you can get away with lower capacities.

Greetings, Lenny
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

Posted By: GravityFlyersInc12 airtime hills (4 with negative G)

Uhh....not really sure about this.
    • CommentAuthorsbdb2099

Hey,

my thoughts on this:
    -awesome layout. Great use of the terrain. That lifthill on top of the hill....what a sight. I´m sure the will be a big hit for the park.
    -however, the hype that was build up on tpr.com was to much. Not that i was infected by it. Just my opinion.
    -the pictures where the NL2-model is worked into the real pictures....fantastic. Now i´m waiting for someone with good picture editing skills to just blow us all away. Maybe with a custom layout beautifully worked into a real park just like the pictures above show. Oh my...all the possibilities :D...

Daniel :)
    I don't know how I'll say this without sparking up some strong replies, but... I'm not super excited for this ride like I thought I would be.

(GO BACK TO YOUR WING COASTERS AND BANSHEES NON-BELIEVER)

I really, really wanted to be incredibly overwhelmed by this project, and I was just about ready to explode before I found out what it really was. With all the hype going on at TPR, I'd think it would be the best roller coaster, undoubtedly undefeated for 30 years. It looks like a really, really good coaster, though; it seems like it'll be one of the top 5 rides in the world. I like how they incorporated some things like the uphill return run after the 1st reverse overbank, and the third inversion looks like it will feel amazing onride. I have no doubt that this ride will be absolutely fantastic, and will shoot up to the Top 5 of many coaster fans the world over. I would definitely love to have this ride in my home park, for sure, and if I ever get to Sweden, I will make it one of my top priorities to get to Kolmården to ride this thing.

But when I think "roller coaster that will seriously make people reconsider their top 2" I think of something whose concept alone will blow me away. I think of something that does a wonderful job at doing something never before seen. No, not a gimmick, not something like "World's first ever launched wooden strata 4D flying Aquatrax on stick supports" (or something along those lines), as many like to say. I mean something like, say, Kumba's (at the time) unique inversions and creative use of terrain. Or maybe El Toro, the Colossos remix that gives it a far more powerful finish. Or Voyage's absurd length and nonstop, but carefully crafted, intensity. Even RMC's very own Outlaw Run seems to fit the bill, performing some cool tricks before a very satisfying double barrel roll. A perfect ending to a great ride. (Just two years ago people on NLE would probably downrate wooden roller coasters for having inversions other than steel-supported vertical loops. Think about that for a moment.)

IMHO Wildfire looks like Outlaw Run was just quickly ran through the Enthusiastifier™ and was mindlessly given more airtime hills and twisteees. Ever since Outlaw Run, it seems like the RMC wooden coasters that have been coming out have been reusing the same elements over and over again. (I wonder where I've seen this happen before....) But everyone else seems to be eating up everything RMC's been doing, because "RMCs have airtime and B&Ms don't!" For good reason, I suppose, but I'm beginning to think ASC has a very good point when he said that he dislikes the recent enthusiast attitude of "RMC is best yayz".

So basically I like Wildfire. If I were to rate it like a NoLimits coaster, it definitely has the Technical and Adrenaline aspects nailed. The Originality is what's making me a bit reluctant to explode in excitement. But, as always, this is all based on third-person observation, and chances are I'll look back at this comment 2 years from now thinking how wrong I was. But you know, just to add to the discussion regarding this massively hyped, but again, very good roller coaster, here are my thoughts regarding Wildfire at present.
    He's just butthurt because it didn't end up like Gyrfalcon
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

I must admit that i was a bit disappointed when i first saw it (Too much hype maybe), but the more i look to it, the more i like it. Also, it's one of the best nolimits recreations made by a park, unlike the skyrush one. It would look wonderful if it was supported by GravityFlyersInc. They should send you the track file:)
    Totally agree with Luis, great ride, but i don't see how this is supposed to blow my mind and trump all other coasters undoubtedly.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

@ Lusivaldez: I couldn't agree more, after all the hype I expected something that rolls up the industry, but it turned out to be "only" a (totally awesome, so don't get me wrong) RMC using elements that had been used before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2014 edited

Holy moly, this ride uses an element similar to one I designed over a year ago. :D

Back then I posted that pic on their Facebook page... And they put a LIKE! :O
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny

@Luisvaldez: Yeah, for the most part that is why I like to stay away from... pre-announcement announcements? Yeah if we have something concrete to speculate like pictures of track being manufactured or whatnot about I'm all for it. But when they say something like, "A major ride announcement is going to be revealed in 10 days!" it's all seems kind of pointless, if it's that close to being announced, then just don't say anything and let it be a pleasant surprise. Otherwise all the hype they try to build can lead to some disappointment when the actual ride is announced which is what some of you seem to be experiencing.

As someone who stayed away from TPR and all the hype, I think this ride looks pretty fantastic. Does it look like the greatest ride ever? No. One of the first things i thought about it was it looks like a combination of Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler, but overall it looks like a fun ride and would be a solid addition to any park. Also I don't think it's totally fair to compare RMC coasters to B&M Inverts as about half of all inverts are clones, RMC may use the same elements but they are still keeping all their layouts unique.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

...Well that's disappointing. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic layout, but how the hell is Robb that amazed by it? Robb needs to go stick to his TPS and jet coasters and stop getting everyone falsely excited. I do think it's a good layout and the inversions flow really well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4

^^^ So how much money are you going to demand from them? :P
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

KingRCT3, isn't that just the same outward-banked turn that's used on outlaw run?
    ^yes just slightly less inverted
    I find it freaking hilarious that people are complaining about Wildfire because it doesn't actually use no "new" elements. Boo hoo yeah it just uses a barrel roll, corkscrew, and the 0-g inverted airtime hill but I don't see much complaining about how other companies have been using the same elements for the past 20 years without anything "new" but if it's RMC they obviously have to use new elements, just so people can complain and moan about how RMC is basically destroying wooden coasters. Wildfire's layout is fantastic with the mix of elements it has and RMC still has coasters for 2015 to be announced so I don't think anyone should be complaining about another world class fun and exciting ride from RMC.
    ^touchy :P I think RMC is amazing, i just dont consider them "original" wood coasters, they either use steal track or steal track on top of wood. theres nothing wrong with that. and RMC have already created elements we dont even see on STEEL coaster never mind wood! i really want one here in the UK and i think maybe this Wildfire is the UK's step forward to considering such a thing.

(ALTON TOWERS RMC CROSS VALLEY WOODIE!)

one day...
    " Wildfire will also be quieter than wooden roller coasters in general."

Is it wrong that this sticks out to me the most. Alton, take note of this and bring us the long awaited woody! *edit I typed this and didn't even read the comment above. Haha, great minds think alike.

Back on topic, I think it's great. I love these new RMC coasters.

I'm glad one is coming closer to the UK, as I don't think I could afford a trip to America but Sweden would be much cheaper.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

any terrain coaster is a good investment in my book. it's nice to see a terrain coaster of this size that really hugs the ground for such a large part of its layout.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I agree with all of you. I was all hyped up for a brand new concept. I happen to love the layout as it is very long for an RMC. While it is nothing spectacular or not really a game changer in my mind, it does have a great layout. I was still hoping for a dive machine with a tunnel straight to Hell though with a gift shop down there.
    The only thing that annoys me a little is that the first two elements (the inverted airtime hill and the outside bank turn) are very similar... I think I'd rather see a huge airtime hill into an outside banked turn more like outlaw runs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

^that, 100%. in the way that kumba's first set of elements increase in twist (loop, dive loop, zero-g), i would love to see an rmc coaster with an airtime hill, then inverted airtime hill, then a roll. progression & pacing, people
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: bigjoe97KingRCT3, isn't that just the same outward-banked turn that's used on outlaw run?

As I said back then, "it's a mix between Outlaw Run outward-banked turn and its wave turn". :)
    Posted By: GravityFlyersIncI don't see much complaining about how other companies have been using the same elements for the past 20 years without anything "new", but if it's RMC, they obviously have to use new elements, just so people can complain and moan about how RMC is basically destroying wooden coasters.

GravityFlyers, I think you might be confusing me for a wooden coaster purist. What I was talking about has absolutely nothing to do with the wooden coaster debate. I would not mind Wildfire using old, proven ride characteristics, if it was not advertised as a "game changer" and "the best wooden coaster in decades". Maybe "awesome wooden roller coaster in a place you would never expect one to show up" would fit the bill. Just not "game changer". If you have a series of amazing roller coasters popping up year after year, I'd say the game had already been changed long ago. That's why I expected something that would not just blow me away, but make me blow up.
    • CommentAuthorLiroquai
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2014

Yeah agreed with all, definitely overhyped - at least within the enthusiast community anyway. Fantastic layout that will be great for the park but this isn't a game changer. The way Robb was talking about it had me considering a trip to Sweden... glad to come here and read of likeminded opinions. The problem with TPR and anyone who dares to disagree with Robb or has differing opinions gets smited down (and this doesn't just apply to the discussion about this coaster - have a look through any thread or even the comments section on their youtube videos)
    I was actually thinking about it and i dont think wildfire was actually the game changing part of the announcement i think the game changer is that smaller parks like Kolmarden which isn't even an amusement park can invest millions of dollars, 17 million to be exact into a big roller coaster is the game changing part about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2014

^that. it's not a game changer for the industry, it's a game-changer for the park.
    Maybe it is indeed a game changer, not in the sense that it will completely and totally revolutionize roller coaster design worldwide in the near future, but in the sense that it will be the first ever European RMC, thus significantly expanding RMC's market. That's very important, as this annoucement might make European parks more interested in buying these wooden roller coasters, which means it's more than a little likely that we'll see more RMCs come out from Europe very soon.