Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2015

We can't stop rounding up the inspiring and creative masterpieces! This week we have a lots of fun original creations, a NoLimits 2 rendering of a future coaster, and a jaw dropping spot on recreation with maintenance lights on to see inside the futuristic mountain. Enjoy the coolness of Roundup 81!

Roundup 81

-Ride_Op
    I honestly had no idea NL1 coasters were still able to be chosen for the weekly roundups. But then again, Aqua did seem like a solid coaster.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Aqua was NL1?! Wow, didn't even notice...
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Whoops, we missed that. It looked good and we missed that it was NL1. Had we caught that we would have left it out.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Just curious, but did you guys happen to miss my video of my Boulder Rush revamp? Or did it happen to not make it into the roundup?
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2015 edited

You called it [NoLimits Coaster 2] not [NoLimits 2] - when filtering, it filters your video out.

Use NoLimits 2 or NL2 to badge your video and make it eligible for the roundup.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

We do use a number of search strings to find as much as we can. However, some strings return tons of videos not related to NL2, making it harder to spot certain ones. NL2 works best. Scourge works worst.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

LOL, thanks for letting me know.
    ^^lol about Scourge
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2015

I'm not sure but maybe YouTube Gaming will help to find videos in the future.
    ^ Maybe, although it isn't organised that well. Searching regular YouTube works as it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015

82, brute?
    That was a stretch, but these coasters aren't! Tons of awesomeness awaits this week with plenty of beautiful creations to satisfy every coaster enthusiast's taste. Enjoy the funtastic works in Roundup 82!

Roundup 82

-Ride_Op
    NOO! I uploaded Titan 10 seconds too late!
    Lol. That happens ;)
    Will watch it later. When I'm on a computer
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015

Why is Conquest NL1?
    Omg, lol. Ride_Op did it again xD
    It even says he's working on converting it to NL2 in the description :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2015

This week we're overwhelmed by the creativity of submissions! Beautiful coasters, fantastic videos, and a stunning grove of trees fill in our Top Ten for the week. Our top submission is a monstrous Giga coaster. Enjoy the awesome creations of week 83!

Roundup 83

Special props to Jack Guy who has a great app available putting our new telemetry feature to good use.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorSandorvdl
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2015 edited

Posted By: ride_opThis week we're overwhelmed by the creativity of submissions! Beautiful coasters, fantastic videos, and a stunning grove of trees fill in our Top Ten for the week. Our top submission is a monstrous Giga coaster. Enjoy the awesome creations of week 83!

Roundup 83

Special props to Jack Guy who has a great app available putting our new telemetry feature to good use.

-Ride_Op
    aaandd i was 4th place but my coaster died ....

Might wanna fix that
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2015

how can i get in ? i uploaded a coaster and would like to be in the roundup becuase i think my coaster would fit into the roundup
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Title your video with either "NoLimits 2" or "NL2" (exactly like that) and it will come up in a targeted search when RideOp is looking over the videos of the week.

Anytime you upload to youtube with either of those tags in your title, you're eligible for Roundup.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzOnBEh3WwY

like that ?
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Red Fox is no longer eligible - it's beyond a week since upload. The youtube search filter that they use will filter all options out that are more than a week old.
    Or put 'NoLimits 2' and/or 'NL2' in your tags. That might work too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

I will try it next time hopefully I will be recognized :) thanks
    HLcoasters
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2015

NoLimits team coming at you with our 84th weekly top ten video countdown! This week we have a bunch of new original coaster ideas for you to enjoy, plus a bonus compilation video from an interesting new NoLimits 2 contest. Enjoy the fun rides of Roundup 84!

Roundup 84

-Ride_Op
    Don't really feel like Aqua deserved #2 (didn't seem to have a heartline, is pretty short, and had a big pump - and yes that's partially out of jealousy :3), but holy crap, how did I not see Bunker already o.o That ride is awesome. Empra's nice too. And the hypercoaster, although I hate that editing style (no pure POV).
    • CommentAuthornSeven

The choices are made by a list of descending criteria:

***** Presentation *****
    This factors in how clean the video export is, how much effort went into making the video, how well the music matches the action.

**** Originality ****
    This factors in the coaster type, layout, unique scenery and effort put into the project itself.

*** Aesthetic ***
    This factors in how good everything looks, how well it's all filled in...basically does the project feel complete.

* Trackwork *
    How well the track was designed - does it pump, does it have a heartline, how long is it?

Lol you'll notice your critique is at the bottom. As much as the youtube roundup is a weekly contest for videography in NL2...it is more importantly a weekly advertisement for NL2. Anyone on the fence about the program is not going to care if the track pumps...or they didn't use a heartline setting - what they'll care about is 'does it make good looking coasters?'. So it only makes sense that projects that look the best, are unique and are built solid are going to win every week. Roundup is a marketing tool, not a purism contest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Very well said N7, I personally never take the order of my rides as a problem/bad thing. I mean, at least you're getting your track advertised by the creators of the program themselves.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Every time a project of mine is in the roundup, I see a massive upswing in views...so yeah no matter if you're 1st or 10th...your project will get quite the benefit and bring people to your channel.

BTW, this was a fantastic week - lots of really beautiful videos.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2015

Week 85 is alive with a hive of five plus five outstanding rides to revive your..drive......okay, running out of rhymes. Still an awesome week of original creations, creative scripting, and beautifully edited videos. Enjoy the spectacular creations of week 85!

Roundup 85

Not to take away from this week, but week 100 isn't that far away. We want that week to be a mega week to end all weeks. Start planning! You've got 15 weeks left to build the most amazing NoLimts 2 creation ever for the best video we've ever seen!

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthornSeven

What a tremendous week - not a single clunker in the bunch.

Of course X: Reborn demands the top spot - probably one of if not the single best 4d this program has seen - that support work is inspiring.

My personal favorite of the week - Night Xpress. Really seamless scriptwork and effortlessly created the feeling of boarding a dark-coaster - isolating the rider from any outside light...watching the train launch from the queue - it was really nicely done.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Night Xpress I get down to 6 fps of lag.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^^ I suggest everyone to ride Night Express in the sim before watching the video. Awesome experience!
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Wow, quite the lineup this week!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9

This is an epic week. Hands down.
    Thanks so much for putting these out you guys! Wow! 85 weeks, absolutely blown away by how big this community is getting.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

That second video's cinematography is outstanding! And I loved the dialogue and music selection for X Joseph, especially that Han Solo bit thrown in. Is that in the X2 audio or is it all custom?

Thanks, Brawly! The entire audio track is custom, but there are bits that I have copied (The "going down" followed by Beastie Boys), but I tried to show respect for the ride's audio while still making it my own. I'm glad you liked it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2015

Week 86 and the creative train keeps rolling. These talented designers and video editors showcase their imaginations with visuals provided by NoLimits 2. The original creations come in all shapes and sizes. The top honor once again goes to a master of video editing. Enjoy the magnificent creations of week 86!

Roundup 86

-Ride_Op
    Niceee.. Sonic Generations was in this roundup :D

edit: coasterguy246 nice work on it, btw.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2015

Our crazy community of coaster creators keeps rolling along and so we do as well with yet another roundup of various vibrant videos displaying immeasurable imagination and ingenious ingenuity! I am now fresh out of alliterations. Enjoy the phenomenal videos of Roundup 87!

Roundup 87

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2015

Woooo! Number 1 spot!
    And against a field including a ride from Code, and Tim's brilliantly themed Jack & the Beanstalk coaster. I feel honoured, and i'm sure Sprog will too. Thanks Ride Op.

Go teamwork! *high fives Sprog*
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2015 edited

Woo first place! (Yes, I'm a little late to the party).

I suspect 99% of that is down to you Womp, but thank you for letting me have a play with another of your brilliant rides - Amazed it came in that high with so many excellent videos this week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015

This week is a back to basics week as our featured projects focus on coaster building without tons of extras. It's all about track work and raw fun rather than scenery. Enjoy your ride on the coasters of Roundup 88!

Roundup 88

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2015

Time to get your weekly coaster fix! Step on up and enjoy the latest our talented designers have to offer. Lots of amazing creations await you in Roundup 89!

Roundup 89

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2015

90 Roundups in and the creativity keeps flowing from our talented designers! This week we have a wondrous collection of original projects with top honors going to a phenomenal recreation of Skyrush at Hershey Park. Enjoy the spectacular creations of Roundup 90!

Roundup 90

Roundup 100 is on the horizon and will have special requirements for entry and prizes! Start working on your projects for Roundup 100 and keep them secret. More information to come soon.

-Ride_Op
    Setting a competition? That would be cool. The winner comes first and then the videos are in rank order.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2015

There are so many great projects on the horizon. I can't wait to see what we will have in 10 weeks.
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2015

Just picked out my project, can't wait to see all the entries!
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015

Amazing new creations await your virtual riding in our latest Roundup! Enjoy fantastical flights of fantasy, copious crazy airtime, and thundering thrills from the imaginations of our talented designers. Enjoy Roundup 91!

Roundup 91

Roundup 100 is coming soon and we'll award prizes to the 10 featured video creators! See our Facebook page for special instructions to submit videos for the big milestone 100th roundup.

-Ride_Op