Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAlvpel
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2014

I got inspired to build a theme park based on different time periods and locations. I hope to get quite a few coasters in, with hopefully some good scenery for the rides and the park itself. I am now working on a medieval section of the park called 'Exhalis' (please feel free to suggest a new name!), with a family Mack Launch coaster, and a thrilling wooden coaster. Once I finish both coasters I will theme the area, and then move on to different areas of the park.

Here are some screenshots of the two coasters that I have:

Please feel free to comment, suggest or nag, or any suggestions that you might have!
    Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2014 edited

I like the wooden coaster. But i think you have too much speed or too tight radius curves, so the lateral forces resulting in some serious overbanked turns. The layout looks really well, but the coaster is maybe a bit too intense. In my personal opinion, the ride would be really good if there weren´t overbanked turns =) But i wouldn´t downrate the wooden for that if it´s smooth enough ;) The Mack launch coaster looks,.. sorry, boring to me. The train is way too long for such a short and tight circle. I also think that 3 trains with that caliber are too much. You have already a twisted wooden, why not making a Mack Looper which goes through and around some castle-towers and stuff? :D Would be nice to see some interactions with the queue line in a medieval "castle-part". Sorry for the critism but i hope it is more an inspiration than critism ;)
    • CommentAuthorAlvpel

Thanks for the comments! I will redesign that part of the woodie :)

Also, the Mack coaster was meant to be a family coaster; I will probably move it to the family section of the park (once it's made). Substituting it, I think I'm going to have an Intamin LSM launch coaster, similar to Cheetah Hunt, with multiple launches.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee

I think the coasters are too close together. You have this huge area to build so they don't need to be right on top of another.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

^ Agree. If you were going for a Six Flags style park with one hundred coasters it would be okay, but theme parks don't usually build their coasters so close. Of course there are exceptions (Dragon Khan- Shambhala in Port Aventura for example), but it would look much cleaner in my opinion. I would also change the wooden coaster colour, but that's up to you.
    • CommentAuthorAlvpel

Again, I'm relocating the Mack Launch coaster to another area of the park. Thank's for all the suggestions!
    • CommentAuthorAlvpel
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2014

Double post, but I've deleted the Mack coaster, and changed parts of the wooden coaster.

I've decided to add either a B&M Inverted coaster, or a suspended coaster to this area of the park, any ideas?
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy

I would love to see a suspended coaster in there! Maybe if you changed the wooden coasters color to a lighter brown, it would look better.
    • CommentAuthorAlvpel

Well, I've decided to go for an invert, called 'Da Vinci's Flight'. It will have a VERY short indoor section before the lift, and a very thrilling layout over the whole area.

That last element here looks bizzare, but glides like heaven! I am considering having a backwards section at the end, any thoughts about this?
    I know you say it glides like heaven... but I'm concerned about the lateral forces created in that element.
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy

It looks good. I am also concerned about the lats in that element, and also in the zero-g roll. The drop also needs some work, but besides that, I'm loving it.
    • CommentAuthorAlvpel
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2014

To my own surprise, there are no high lats on that last element. The zero-g roll is inspired on Nemesis' at Alton Towers, with just a more open exit. It's also butter smooth with all G's in place, and will look less awkward with the scnenery I have planned for that. Again, thanks for all the comments!
    • CommentAuthorAlvpel
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2014

The inverted coaster is done! I am now going to start working on scenery for this area of the park, and then move onto new areas!

•  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

Too many rolls in my opinion. Try spicing it up - the constant rolling will get boring, trust me, The Smiler taught me this ..
    • CommentAuthorAlvpel

^The Smiler taught me to love them! Each roll is completely unique and different, making it less repetitive. Hopefully with the theming it won't be as bad though.