Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTheDarkStar
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2014 edited

Instead of creating millions of little threads for my stuff, here it is in one thread.

First up, is Ol' Rusty, a Gerstlauer Bobsled coaster, inspired by Technic Test Track and Cobra. I will probably mess with Volkswagen camper-vans as a theme for this ride, and aim to build up 3ds skills with it. so far, I just have the layout and supports. Constructive criticism would be most appreciated... And I don't want any Jet Coasters in this thread unless I build them... *cough*TOGOfan*cough*...

So without any further ado...

Overview of the general layout. Inside the turn before the final brake run I will probably build the queue.

Overview from the other side.

Funky supports. There are three helixes that wrap around these beefy supports, and two other turns that utilise them.

Artsy shot showing the other two wraparound helixes.

And finally...

Birdseye view!

Constructive Criticism?
    Looks amazing, the supports are A1!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2014

Lol, I just switched tabs from your RCT3 version to this one, both are really good! I love the layout and the clever use of the support towers.

Looks top notch, though I feel like you should put catwalks all the way around the track in case of a stall. That's why jetcoasters are superior to every other coaster on earth.

• CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2014

I'm completely in love with your support and track work thus far. I love how surprisingly long the layout is in such a small space, and the "Ol Rusty" look is going well so far. Looking forward to more!
    That layout is fantastic, my friend. Stunning quality!
    I really like this so far. I think what you did with the top portion is unique and different to most wild mouse rides which just hairpin turn one after another. Your layout also makes way for a great spot to add queue and park filler. Supports look nice and I love all the spiral/helix action going on!
    • CommentAuthorKamui
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2014

Nice layout and nice supports, but the supports on the First Drop are not very realistic.

Look at the supports @ Thor's Hammer ;)
    Posted By: 6FlagsManiacLooks amazing, the supports are A1!

Thanks. : )
    Posted By: KingRCT3Lol, I just switched tabs from your RCT3 version to this one, both are really good! I love the layout and the clever use of the support towers.

Haha, thank you too. : )
    Posted By: A.S.Coasters

Looks top notch, though I feel like you should put catwalks all the way around the track in case of a stall. That's why jetcoasters are superior to every other coaster on earth.

Thanks, but no thanks. : P
    Posted By: BrawlyI'm completely in love with your support and track work thus far. I love how surprisingly long the layout is in such a small space, and the "Ol Rusty" look is going well so far. Looking forward to more!

Cheers Brawly. I wanted to challenge myself with space, and in doing so, I came up with a neat idea for a competition for NLE. Does anyone know who I would speak to to organise this?
    Posted By: Ajax_CoastersThat layout is fantastic, my friend. Stunning quality!

Thanks. : )
    Posted By: AJClarke0912I really like this so far. I think what you did with the top portion is unique and different to most wild mouse rides which just hairpin turn one after another. Your layout also makes way for a great spot to add queue and park filler. Supports look nice and I love all the spiral/helix action going on!

Haha, the top bit is based of Technic Test Track and Cobra. And about the park stuff, I need to learn how to make a volkswagen van in Sketchup to use as the coaster cars before I can really make this project take shape.
    Posted By: KamuiNice layout and nice supports, but the supports on the First Drop are not very realistic.
    Look at the supports @ Thor's Hammer ;)
    *SNIP*

I see nothing too unrealistic about them. Could you perhaps elaborate a bit?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CoasterCrazy Competition Coaster!

Like CodeMaster, I also entered the coastercrazy competition. Here is my entry (in wireframe, within the editor) to show you the layout, however I am really struggling to come up with a name and theme. It has a pre launch, in which a small scene would be nice, and when it is done, there will be near misses galore... If only I had a theme... It's inspired by Projekt Helix, Furius Baco and Tornado, at Särkänniemi. Help?

•  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2014

I like it a lot. It's like Furius Baco but with more lenght, launches, inversions... more everything! And Inverted. The only bit I don't like is the hill-loop-hill secuence. Looks too repetitive. Maybe making an upward helix instead of the second hill? It also looks that the second launch is angled downward, but maybe it is because the terrain-perspective combination. I wouldn't change to 4-tube track in the preztel. I will be following this.
    • CommentAuthorKamui
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2014

They need to be much more at the bottom of the first drop or the track will break, i think.
    For the last drop near the end of the track the same ;)
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2014

Totally missed this thread, Ol' Rusty is looking fantastic!

The Intamin invert is looking very promising as well, since it's a terrained coaster I would suggest to chose a theme that focuses on nature and a nice landscape, maybe a norwegian or swedish theme (Vikings?). Instead of creating underground tunnels you could have the train diving into crevices.
    This layout is superb, sir. I don't see how a loop hill combo is repetitive or why you wouldn't use 4 tube track on the pretzel loop... Anyway, you really have an eye for a layout keep it up man!
    @dapalm: Thanks. It's an uphill launch, and not really hill-loop-hill. It's more of an overbank into the loop, then an airtime hill. It's just the angle. : )

@Kamui: Okay, thanks, I'll look into it when I open that file again. Haha : )

@lujach92: I'll take that into consideration, however I need the tunnels. I need them as an entry requirement to the competition... At least one, but lone tunnel is lonely. And thanks. : )

@Ajax_Coasters: Thanks! Layouts are my strong point in my opinion. : )

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so another small side project from me. I tend to jump projects. I do intend to complete all three of these coasters though.

I'm looking for a bit of help on reversing coaster scripting. This thing has so many blocks I don't know where to start with the script generator.
    God man, really impressive stuff! Looks like verbolten on steroids, haha. Once again, your layout is incredible, I'm really growing fond of your work :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDarkStar
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2014 edited

@Ajax_Coasters: Thank you. I'm glad my work is growing on you! : )

First thing, Ol' Rusty is being worked on behind the scenes. Many thanks go to Spike who has created a custom car model! I will show what has been done when the ride station is near complete.

Remember the Launched Intamin Invert? I worked a bit on the station! I am aware id does need more stuff doing to it. All in due course, my friends.

'Phase 2' - The remains of a secret hillside 'future facility'. It was too far ahead for it's time, and all that remains is some of the modern architecture, and the old jet drone test buildings.*

*ignore the naff storyline
    •  
      CommentAuthorDonidia
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2014

I'm liking the look of this, keep up the good work!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2014

I was looking forward to the return of this. I love the layout. But I'm not sure about the station. Maybe making it of steel since you're going for a futuristic theming?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDarkStar
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2014 edited

@Donidia: Cheers mate.

@dapalm: Thanks. I'm kind of using the station as a 'get used to 3ds again' thing. I just wanted something to replace the default one.

POSTER SCREENSHOTS!!!!!!!! I've just finished recording the footage for the ride video, and I just have to edit it all now! Wohoo! It will be on the exchange by next monday, hopefully.

• CommentAuthorgforce1994
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2014 edited

Looks great!!! Can't wait to ride this!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2014

Rocks are a nice touch, but try to vary them a bit, (rotate/scale/mirror them). Right now they all look like the same rock. Also, UV map them. That way you'll get rid of those strechted textures. I'm really looking forward to see the POV of this one!
    @gforce1994: You need wait no longer

@dapalm: Sorry about that. I didn't know how to do any of that. I'll bear it in mind for next time. Thanks to CodeMaster for the rocks though.

IT'S ON THE EXCHANGE! Video coming soon.

https://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/nlt-phase-2/7939
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2014

I just watched your video and wanted to leave you a comment. Well, it was pretty good! As I said before I love the layout. It has everything. I liked the snappy transitions of the inversions. The bad things: there were two parts where the ride ran too slow. Especially the last inversion. The station wasn't my favorite thing. The modelling was nice, but I don't like the textures. They don't blend with the track and supports color. But anyway, I liked the ride, you did a great job with a hard style ride, and I can't wait to see your next ride. I hope you get to the next round of the tournament. Good luck :)
    @dapalm: Thanks. I know the 3ds wasn't the best thing in the world. I was kind of only practicing. And the last roll is deliberately slow. ; )

VIDEOS!

Sorry, I forgot to link them. If you haven't seen them already, here's Phase 2, and here's KingRCT3's YuYan.

And here's a teaser of another project I'm doing. Ol' Rusty and the reversing coaster will be slow progress as I don't use the computer that they are on as much as I use this one. So, here we have an Intamin...

• CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2014

Looks alright from what i can see in that shot. But i know it will get better as you add things to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDarkStar
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2014 edited

@Womp83 Thanks!

Right, here's a coaster that I built based off a sketch I made at school.

•  
      CommentAuthorMr. Laptop
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2014

That's a pretty cool layout! It would have been better if you could have kept the double bunny-hop hills.
    You should change the shaping of the Immelmann and have it rotate the other way... In my opinion. It seems more gerstlauer-y. Layout looks pretty solid though! Love the roll into the brakes
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2014

The layout is nice, but you should add a MCBR. With the Eurofighter trains capacity would be too low.
    ^So do you think that I should replace the hill with an airtime kick into the brake, and an airtime drop out of them? That would mean I could replace the helix with something more intense...
    Wow. This is just beautiful! You NAILED gerstlauer trackwork and supports from what I can see..
    • CommentAuthorMilBee
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2014

I'm not too sure about those supports on the helix but you're pretty limited with your options. Otherwise it looks like a very fun layout.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

What about moving the hill closer to the lift and putting the MCBR after the first helix? Then airtime drop into that flat turn and continue the rest of the layout.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

It looks like the lift crest is too big, but otherwise it looks very cool.
    Long time, no see! Here's a 3ds update on Ol' Rusty!

• CommentAuthorAlbo85
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2014

It looks amazing! perhaps the nicest bobsled I ever seen!
    I love the layout and 3d is coming together pretty good and realistic!
    It would be nice to see this included in a park!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield

That Eurofighter‘s capacity may be very low because lack of MCBR IMO
    @Albo85 - Thanks. I might build a park around it at a later date, but for now, it's just going to be a small area.

@HZGarfield - I see your point. I will revisit the layout later.

• CommentAuthorMGrides

Loving the idea of the themed cars and also the idea of an gas-station for the station! :D Very creative. I´m not a fan of the queue walls.. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

^^Is it just the LOD or are some of your supports along the waterside floating (looking at the shadows)?
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

^it's looks like it, it properly caused by lowering the terrain. It can easily be solved by unfreezing the coaster and freezing it again.
    ^^Yes, I forgot to freezeand unfreeze the ride. .-.

and MGrides, I'm kind of trying to go for a sleek, simple queue to build up 3ds experience. My next ride will have a lot more detail. Promise. ;)
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Love the kombi van cars, lol. They look great. Station looks really good too.

Nice work Darkstar. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2014 edited

Any thoughts to model some basic road signs and place them along the catwalks/ground for some extra theming? (Speed Limit: X/Drop Ahead/Reduce Speed {on a brake run}, etc)? Just a neat idea I had :)
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2014

Going off of what Bolt said, you could use the LEGO Technic Test Track for reference. There are a few signs like that on that ride.
    Thanks guys. And that's a really neat idea Bolt! I will probably end up doing that.

I'm off on a camp for a week now, so before I leave, I'll give you a quick look at a collab I am (sort of) doing with GravityFlyersInc. It's meant to be a Zierer raised seat coaster, like Force One.

He made the layout. I did (and am doing) supports and 3ds.

• CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2014

Wow, really love this layout! :)
    Hey guys! I'm still alive!

I think I lost motivation to add much more to Ol' Rusty, so this is likely to be the last picture update on that before I upload it to NLE and make a video. :)

I love those trains!