Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthor0blivion91
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2014

Hello. So I've been a long time lurker on these forums and I have messed around with nolimits for a long time, But never had the confidence to upload anything here.

I consider myself a novice in here, No 3d modelling skills and never gotten far enough with a project to learn how to build custom supports.

Time for that to change.

I started building this ride out of boredom, but I kinda like it, so I'm going to finish it! But I need help.

So my plan;
    Step 1. Strip away everything and from critique rework the track to an acceptable level.

Step 2. Actually put supports on that I can be proud of. (I'm scared)

Step 3. Attempt some scenery that is a little more than premade trees. Not sure how well that is going to go but I'll try.

I'm expecting this to progress at the same pacing as this coaster, sorry.

So yeah Here are some links to the package file and Youtube POV for the ride so far, as well as some silly screenshots so people can 'nope' out before being insulted by my track. Prefab supports will go I promise

poster-2014-04-29-12-52-10

poster-2014-04-29-12-50-08

poster-2014-04-29-12-48-03

poster-2014-04-29-12-51-27
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

First off, welcome to the forum!

Although it's not a good idea to use too much colours on a single ride yours is a very good excpetion, it's quite colourful yet consistent and compliant (hope that's the right word for it). The layout and the size of the elements is reasonable, some transition are a little quirky imo. The final brake run also looks angled upwards which is a no-go.
    B&M shaping is noticeable, some elements seem weird to me, though. Also, B&M doesn't use friction wheels at MCBRs and FBRs.

I really love the Batwing/Pretzel Loop combination as well as the 1.5 zero G roll. Most of the prefabs are okay to use in standard parts of the track, I recommend changing them only at significant points, like for example loops.

Keep it up, I'm looking forward how this project will turn out!
    I for one am not a huge fan of the colors, it seems like way too much and is a bit annoying to my eye. I'm not sure if it's the overall scheme or the fact that it's all so bright.

Baadrix had plenty of good points and i would like to touch on some of mine. I find some of the elements a bit dull, the section after the 0 g roll seems like it could use some work. I also really like the batwing/pretzel loop combination, however i think the entrance into the pretzel loop should be a bit snappier in terms of roll speed. Make sure the mcbr and final brake run don't have friction wheels and are at a downward angle so the train will continue on the track if an e-stop occurs.

Looking forward to the next update :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

I like the colours them self, but you should definitely try them toned down on a much pastel-like shade :)
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

First of all, welcome to the forums Oblivion91.
    I agree with Chukensky, you should tonw down the colours. Furthermore I don't agree with the spacing at the supports at some points. The distance between the supports should be constant at the lifthill, and generally it seems a little like you're avoiding difficult sections what makes the track undersupported at some points. Directely in front of you 1.5 Zero-G the spine is only a few cm away from the spine of the brake run, i think you should raise the lead in to you Zero-G a little (not much, something like 0.5-1m should be enough).
    • CommentAuthor0blivion91
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2014 edited

Thank you for the warm welcome! Thanks for all the feedback guys, Guess its my duty to take it on board and fix my issues, including the really silly one that we can all just forget ever happened ok?

So, Supports. As they stand right now on everything are not going to be staying. 83.53% of them will be moved, removed and changed. They are there to serve some deep quirks of mine and I'll be using my week off next week to get them more up to standard. I've been practising! ;)

screenshot-2014-02-20-12-50-49

The Brake run. Yeah sorry about that one. Friction wheels were there because I'm lazy and the downwards slope? Yeah something something strict node. But it's all better now AND makes it to the end from E-Stop. Ta-da!

screenshot-2014-04-30-22-22-44

Lifting up brake run up to where it should have been made the lead-in for the 1.5 roll slower than the oversized turn on the other side. Less than 20Mph crawl over the top was no fun, so... DIVE! Might rework the fly-to-lie however.

Colours. I'm going to say sorry for anyone who needed to see an opticians, but It's better than white with a hint of white right? Made some changes in the shot above. Not really sure how I managed to end up with purple but for now it should save some people's eyesight and I will work on it more as it progresses.

I did start missing the blue a little, and the yellow felt like the main offender so colour test below. Any thoughts?

screenshot-2014-05-01-08-55-00

Apart from that not too much to report. I have tried to clean up and tighten some of the transitions and rolls such as the entry to the pretzel.

screenshot-2014-05-01-08-27-23

So the big problem. I have no idea what to do with the section after the 1.5 roll. As it stands right now I'm hitting the brake run with about 10-15 Mph on E-Stop and feel like there is not much room for play. Debating something like a 180 stall turn into a 'wingover' and up to the brakes, but I'm just unsure.
    Your Stealth model looks fantastic. The one thing I never understood for is the red supports on the airtime hill. I know about the white being a restriction of the park, but the red supports just seem so outta place to me. Why'd didn't they just paint them dark blue like the rest of them? it'd match the theme so much better in my opinion. Anyways Great progress.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2014 edited

The flying coaster looks pretty nice, but it seems to be a bit slow in some parts. Also, I don't like the colors, but that's up to you. BTW, here are some accurate (at least, it seems so) blueprints from Stealth www.coastersandmore.com/pic/eas06/stealths.jpg . I hope they'll help you.
    The stealth is probably As accurate as I'm going to get by hand. Got to love planning permission forms. Will not be releasing that any time soon though (If ever), lack of models and scripting sucks and its just another 'OK' stealth of which I'm sure there are too many of to begin with.

But as for the flyer I have no idea what I'm going to do there. The last turn is the biggest offender so while I figure out what I'm going to do, I'll start trying to make decent supports on the sections of track that I'm happy with and hope for some divine intervention.

we will see next week I guess ;)