Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Amazing idea - I always used to make a BTTF ride in RCT having it go through different themed areas to simulate time travel.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2014

image 1

Taking shape.. or taking off?
    I've also been busy whittling away at a custom station for it, which is turning out quite nicely. But i'm still working on that, so no teaser shots yet, :P
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2014

Some of you might recall i mentioned in the Uber idea thread about making a coaster themed around a dragon character called Trogdor, with a big beefy arm sticking out of it's back.

Well, i've started working on it. Still very early stuff at the moment, but here's a teaser image of what i've christened as 'Trogdor's Mountain'.

mountain1
    There it is, in all it's glory. Looks really good, with that little lightning bolt there.. and some rain doing it's thing..

Anyhow, i later had the brilliant idea to add some lava and turn the mountain into a volcano.

mountain2
    And it ended up looking like that.
    So now, my question to everyone here, is..

Should i leave it as a mountain, or make it a volcano? Which of those would be better?
    ps. Ignore the 4D track. It's not going to be a 4D coaster. I was just using the train to check some clearances.
    • CommentAuthorSpike
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2014

Volcano > Mountain

almost always
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2014

Big Thunder Mountain disagrees ;)
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2014

Been a while since i put something here.. So it's time for an update of sorts.

I've been busy working on things, but here's 2 little teaser pics from my BTTF coaster.

BTTF launch

BTTF station
    ^ Look at that bad boy.. ;)

As for my previous comment about the mountain vs volcano.. It's now officially a volcano. It seemed more fitting for a dragon.
    Progress on my current projects is a little slow at the moment, cause i kinda got distracted by an old NL1 project that i never finished, and i've decided to revive it. You'll hear more about that one later.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2014 edited

Quick teaser image of a little something i've been working on lately. This is an old NL1 project i'm resurrecting. The same one mentioned in the post above.

Project B

This creation won't feature any custom 3ds at all. Well, maybe i'll knock up a little sign with the ride's name on it.. But minimal to no 3ds means it will be finished before my other 3ds-laden projects will be. Hopefully.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2014

Hey everybody, Womp's uploaded a new coaster!

*GASP!*

Whaaaaaaaat?
    Yeah, i know. This one slipped in under the radar..

Go ahead and check it out. It's right here.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2014

I had an idea for a creation last night. It may possibly be a coaster.. Yeah, that's not gonna fool anyone. It is a coaster, lol.
    Now it's still just an early concept idea, and i still have a few other projects to work on in the meantime. So it probably won't happen for a while.
    But i'll leave you with this image as a little snippet of what to expect.

logo
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2014

awesome game, but i have no idea how to make a coaster of it, so, good luck!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014

Yes, it is an awesome game. I used to play it all the time when i was younger.
    Don't worry, i have some ideas i can throw at it. See what sticks and what doesn't. It will be more themed to the game if anything.. It will have a lot of custom scenery to help make it look like a generic scene from the game. And that's why i'm still 50/50 about starting this one, hahaha.

Thanks. I'll need luck on this creation. :P
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2014

Testing out a 'dragon scale' texture effect for my Trogdor wing coaster.

trogdor car texture

That's just a quick test skin i did up, but i think it looks pretty good. A bit of refining and it should be even better.
    And the scales feature all the creature comforts we've come to expect from the new NL2 car skins. Including normal, specular and colour maps, Sat-nav, Bluetooth connectivity, 8 speaker Blaupunkt sound system and a 3 year warranty.

So, what do you think? Yay or nay?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2014

Love it and love the Bluetooth and speakers :D
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2015

teaser

Note: Extensive photoshopping was involved in the above image. Coaster car doesn't actually leave flaming trails.. That would be bad.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2015 edited

This is heavy....

Can't wait to see this - I've wanted to do one for years but could never settle on an idea I liked!
    Also, in that teaser picture of the launch track is that the Lyon Estates sign at the far end? I'm guessing you get launched down the McFly's street?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2015 edited

Posted By: Womp83That would be bad.

:( no it wouldn't. That would be amazing!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015

@ Sprog:
    Yes, that's a variation of the Lyon Estates sign, modified into a single wall for the ride sign. But no, you don't launch down the street. Sorry. If you want to, you can imagine it's the street you're launching along, but i didn't want to go too heavy on 3ds theming. I wanted to include the clock tower, but decided to leave it out, as i couldn't find any reference images from any angle other than the front (for obvious reasons i guess). Plus, i didn't really have a road to place it next to.. But i think you'll like what i have done. I could've placed a lot more custom scenery into this, but decided not to because A: i didn't want it to cause slower machines to lag, and B: i didn't want to be uploading a 50+ mb file, lol.
    My internet's not that fast, and a big file like that would take ages to upload.

@ MorganFan:
    Hahaha, yeah you're right, it would be amazing. However in a real world situation, it probably wouldn't work as good as it sounds.
    And i don't know how to script such an effect. So..
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2015

Either way, I'm stoked to see this!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2015

Hey, look at this!

Now that i've gotten your attention..

*clears throat*

My Back to the Future coaster has just been uploaded.
    Run along and get it right here.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2015

I love this so, so much Womp, it's fantastic - Especially the hoverboards in the station!

I'll drop a rate later - Can I be cheeky and ask if I can make a video of it like I did with your Thomas track, please?
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2015

Thanks Sprog. :)
    Yeah, go for it mate. You did a good job with the Thomas video, so i'd love to see what you can make of this one.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2015

Here's a little update snippet for my Trogdor wing coaster.

Who likes my new dragon scales?

I think it looks great, and i'm using it. But of course i'll say that, it's my coaster, lol. Has all the luxuries of normal and specular maps as well.
    So i need some un-biased opinions. What does everyone else think?

I'm in the process of cleaning up and flanging my supports, and i still have to finish off my scenery. Half of it looks nice, the rest looks a bit bland and textureless. Slow progress.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2015 edited

I think it looks pretty neat, is there any way to get it bump mapped to give it a more 3D appearance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Me likey. Looks really cool, this might help you getting a good bump map. Though I've never tested it myself, but they say it's pretty good. ;)
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

It actually does have bump mapping already, it's just a bit difficult to see in that shot. There was some other things there i wanted to keep out of shot, for now, lol.
    But when you look at the car texture in the sim, with light on it, it kinda looks like a molded bumpy fibreglass shell. If you want, i can get a shot from a different angle so you can see it better.

I might bookmark that CrazyBump link, just in case i decide to try it later on. Thanks for that Baadrix. I saw it in my search for bump mapping programs a while ago. And i made my scale bump map using an online program called NormalMap-Online. I guess i could re-do the normal/bump map, to try and make it a bit more pronounced..

• CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2015

screenie

The windmill was throwing spanners in the gears and giving me a headache when i tried to texture it. But in the end, i beat it. Womp 1 - Windmill 0.
    And yes, the blades rotate. They create a nice near miss effect when a train arrives at the right time..

I'm thinking of doing up another version of the windmill, a broken, destroyed version. Possibly the thatched roof cottages too. Like they've been attacked by a dragon. But i'm not sure how to go about 'destroying' structures or creating ruined buildings in Blender. If anybody has some tips about that they can share, i'd love to hear them.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2015

trogdor1

TROGDOR!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2015 edited

- post removed -
    ...Was that meant to be a whisper?
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2015 edited

^ Yes it was. Thank you Charly, lol.

Anyway, while i'm here, i may as well actually post something of interest this time.

I was doing stuff, and this kinda happened.

woodie1

woodie2
    I quite like how the track looks in that colour.

I was going to do minimal 3ds with this creation, but i got a bit distracted and started making a custom station. Is it just me, or does anyone else find it really difficult to model stairs? (getting the right length and height for the steps so you don't fall down them in walk mode..)
    I still have to go around and clean up the supports, make some adjustments etc. If anyone knows a good way to support the surrounding areas where the track passes through the wide part of the structure, i'd love to know. Cause i'm still working out the best way to do that.

AW, if you see this, don't spoil anything, hahaha.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2015 edited

Can i have everyone's attention..

I don't want to alarm you all, but.. A dragon has been let loose on the exchange. It is called Trogdor.
    You can either go and face this beast, or run away.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2015

Look everyone, Sprog made an awesome video of my Back To The Future coaster for me. :)

Here it is.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2015

I had another cool idea for a coaster a few nights ago. I think i currently have more ride ideas noted down than time & patience to make them into reality, lol.
    Anyway, the only clue i'll leave you with, is this object i whipped up in Blender tonight.

face
    I'm hoping somebody on here will know what this is, and where it's from.. ;)

And while i'm here, i'll leave this progress shot of my current project.

woodie
    Progress is slow. Customising woodie supports is just.. yeah. Not easy. This is only the second woodie i've ever made as well. But i think people will like this when it's finally done. Has some little surprises in store that i haven't shown yet, and that i'll continue to not show until it's done. :P
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2015

Star fox!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2015

Correct, Mr Brawly. A Star Fox/Starwing themed coaster. Complete with Arwings, a few enemies, maybe a boss or two, and Andross. Depends what i can find reference pictures of to help me build models.
    It will be themed to the original game on Super Nintendo, (so no Landmaster tank or other stuff from the N64 or later versions) and scenery objects will be done in the same simple graphical style for authenticity, lol. I'm not sure what style of coaster to make it, i'm thinking either a 4 seat invert or a rocket. Wing coaster would be another obvious choice, but i just recently did a wing coaster. I don't know, i'll see what happens when i get around to starting it. Any other suggestions are welcome.
    But i still have a few other other projects i'm working on, or that i still need to start work on.. So don't expect too much from this project yet. This is just a hint of what's on the way.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

^ No N64 version? Does that mean we won't have a scripted sound effect of "DO A BARREL ROLL!" as you fly through a twist? I'm disappointed mate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

you shouldmake it one of those starflyer little jets as the cars (you know, from that super smash bros. level? the little ones that appear randomly), like maybe a 2seater design (front/back) AND YES PLAESE HAVE A DO A BARREL ROLL EFFECT!!!
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2015

Posted By: Womp83Correct, Mr Brawly. A Star Fox/Starwing themed coaster. Complete with Arwings, a few enemies, maybe a boss or two, and Andross. Depends what i can find reference pictures of to help me build models.
    It will be themed to the original game on Super Nintendo, (so no Landmaster tank or other stuff from the N64 or later versions) and scenery objects will be done in the same simple graphical style for authenticity, lol. I'm not sure what style of coaster to make it, i'm thinking either a 4 seat invert or a rocket. Wing coaster would be another obvious choice, but i just recently did a wing coaster. I don't know, i'll see what happens when i get around to starting it. Any other suggestions are welcome.
    But i still have a few other other projects i'm working on, or that i still need to start work on.. So don't expect too much from this project yet. This is just a hint of what's on the way.

Nice. I've always thought an arwing themed coaster would be awesome.

Here Check out these links for some great info and help.
    http://www.flyingomelette.com/greatgames/recroomstarfox.html

http://www.glitterberri.com/star-fox/guidebook-intro/
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2015

@ Sprog & Intim: Well, the reasons for me doing the SNES version are as follows.

Despite never owning the original Starwing on SNES, i have actually played it quite a bit. I think a friend of mine had it when i was a kid, and i borrowed it off them for a while. I didn't have the N64 version either, but i only played that one briefly one time. So i don't really remember much from the N64 Starwing game, and i'm just more familiar with the original SNES game.

Intim, which Smash Bros. game & level are these starflyer things in? If i have the game in question, i'll check it, otherwise could you post a picture or a link for me? Thanks.

@ Captfido: Thanks for those websites. I'll see what i can find on them.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2015

Progress pictures:

Been working on my station building..

pic 1
    pic 2
    pic 3

All finished and textured now. I may model some custom lights to hang from the ceiling, as i forgot to model them back when i made the building, hahaha. But i don't know.
    So much for minimal 3ds.. :P
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2015

I did up an early cutting-edge concept of a possible train design for my Starwing/Star Fox coaster.

Arwing proto

Mind blowing, isn't it.. I call it an Ar-wing train. I guess it could also be called an Arwing wing train, but that's too many wings in one name.
    Obviously i can't make the nose too long, or it will clip through the track. And we can't have that, can we. So i'll figure that bit out when i get round to it. I'm still thinking about rocket trains (with attachments) and 4 seat invert trains (no attachments) for this, although the one pictured would look more unique if i decide to go ahead with that idea. And also bring possible complications with it, lol.

So, what do others think? Ar-wing train, Yay or nay?
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

That is so damn cool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Although I have never heard of Star Fox before I really like those trains. They look very accurate (and unique on top of that) when I compare the attachments to some pictures I've just quickly googled.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2015 edited

Great concept! I remember playing Star Fox 64 a lot at a friends house when we were kids, many great memories. Just make sure the ride features a barrel roll... ;)

Edit: Just read above that youre theming it to the original game, not the N64 version.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

That station building is really nice, simple yet effective, I'm intrigued with what you're going to do with a wooden layout!

And the Star Fox trains are great - Not sure on the aerodymanics and physics of them, but they certainly look the part and will definitely add some flair to your ride :)

Yea those trains are the bees knees for sure. Dang.

As for the whole "do a barrel roll!" that was in the original as well. It just wasn't peppy's voice saying it that made it popular. His were more of the training mode to tell you how to dodge enemy attacks. But still relevant.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2015

Well, if someone would like to help me with some custom scripted audio, then i will add the 'Do a barrel roll' line, and maybe some other audio bits & music. I'll say something in here when i actually start working on it, so i can find me a volunteer. But judging by all your comments, it looks like the Ar-wing coaster train gets the tick of approval.

@ Sprog: Thanks bud. It has some old skool woodie station lights hanging from the roof now. They look like this and they make use of the NL2 light script to turn on when it starts getting dark. I'm not jumping on the RMC bandwagon, lol. So it won't be doing crazy things like that.
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2015

so just curios here. We got el toro loco, back to the future, angry birds, starfox and a megaman coaster with a few others added to the mix. you planning on doing a game/ movie theme park? It's got the potiential
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2015

Ah Captfido, i do like your idea of doing that, as the potential is there. But i'd probably be the only person who would ever see the park actually running, lol. Everyone else would only see pictures. They'd be awesome pictures, but that's all you'd see. If i made such a park, the end result would most likely be pretty big, incorporating multiple coasters with the specific scenery for each ride (and possibly some additional generic park scenery as well) And it would take me forever to upload the file either to the exchange or to mediafire in zipped form, cause my internet speeds are shockingly slow.

My Megaman coaster is currently sitting in limbo, hahaha. I completed the layout and started supporting it quite a while ago now, but i wasn't 100% fussed on the layout i came up with. The first half was good, but after that, it kinda lost it's way. And i'm most likely going to cut it in half, and re-design it at some point. I gave Darkstar a copy of the track, and he's going to see if he can come up with something interesting for it as well. So yeah, don't expect too much from Megaman yet. I know it's been roughly a year since i first teased Megaman, but it's not dead, it's just frozen. Like Han Solo.

El Toro Loco.. I really wished it hadn't been plagued by this 'train not moving off the brake run' issue. I still don't know why it does it. Anyway, i have an idea to do another monster truck themed coaster at some point. This one should be ok, as it will probably use the B&M style track/trains. I'm just not sure if it will be a twisty with inversions, or more like a hyper with airtime hills and no inversions. Personally, it's difficult to make something that doesn't have inversions. But that's just one of many things on my ideas list, and probably won't happen for a while yet.
    I need to stop coming up with ideas for rides, so i have time to actually work on the current ideas.. :P
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2015

Teaser time..

shadow