Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2015

It's happening! Yay!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2015

^Lol King..

Don't get too excited, i haven't started anything yet. I simply did up some custom bodywork in Blender for a test fit, you know, get that out of the way early. And to test an effect i wanted to try out.
    More pics to come later. :)
    It might make sense to move part of (if not all) the nose to a zero car; to avoid it digging into the track at the bottom of hills or loops, etc. And so that it moves with horizontal turns.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDC High Heat
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2015 edited

If you want to keep the zero car real long, throw some wheels on it TTD style, just be careful with the track as Architect said. I don't know what your ride will be like, but TTD only has giant concave track radii.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2015

I've actually got the nose piece attached to the front car, and everything else (the rear end bits) attached to the 2nd car. I had to copy, rename and modify the default attach script, so i could use 2 different variations of the same script without them clashing, but the nose and the rear are independent of each other, and move with the respective cars they're attached to.
    Once i start working on a layout, i can always shorten the nose if needed, as i really don't know the layout will be yet.
    But thanks for the suggestions anyway.

I also did up a custom skybox & environment for it, for the first time ever! Had to modify the sky a bit to avoid some unwanted corners, but it looks pretty good. You'll see that soon enough. I think people will like it.

Ar-wing1
    Ar-wing2
    Ar-wing3

And yes, i made the engine thruster flash red & yellow, just like it does in the game.
    ^ drools onto laptop

i loved starfox on n64, but not up to speed on the snes version, but from what i can gather this is pretty damn accurate car you have there

i suggest either a cockpit texture on car 1 or a model for it
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2015

I think you'll probably end up hacking the nose back a bit to allow it to maneuver around the track, but it still looks excellent!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2015

^ Yeah, i might have to give it a quick nose job when i start on the track. It'll probably look like Michael Jackson when i'm finished, lol. Actually no, it won't look THAT bad..
    Still gotta come up with an idea for a track layout. All i know so far, is it will have a launch.

Ok, cryptic screenshot time again!
    It's something i made for the Fox McCloud McCoaster. It's in both the SNES and N64 versions of the game, however it does look a bit different in the N64 game. Textures can have that effect.
    Can anyone guess what it is?

cryptic screen1
    battle carrier
    is it the great fox?
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2015 edited

no it's the first boss in the original star fox. the one you see during the opening scenes.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2015 edited

Captfido with the correct answer there. Someone get the man a prize..
    Yes, it's the Attack Carrier boss, complete with the Corneria level background from the original SNES game.

Attack Carrier

starwing screen

I had to make the sky a solid blue, rather than having it darken with a gradient, or the gradient would end up looking curved, and you'd see corners where the walls and roof of the skybox meet, instead of it being nicely blended in.
    • CommentAuthorMGCD
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2015

Awesome idea here! I loved Star Fox on N64 as a kid, I'm sure you will do the game(s) justice.
    Looks great so far, I like that you have actually implemented the original environment from the game. You did a great job with the wing coaster trains as well, very creative!
    Can't wait to see what's next :)
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2015

Starwing NL screen

"Yes, i see it too, Slippy. Let's fly through it!"

Haven't done much work on any NL projects lately, i've been busy with some co-op Blender projects with a friend. Plus, i need to make a rough station for my Starwing ride before i can start working on the layout. And i'm still trying to track down images of basic enemies from the game. I've resorted to taking screenshots from the game using a SNES emulator i have on here. But the saved images are very small.
    That will all come in time.
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2015

I really hope to see a video of that. Sick stuff, womp.
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015

are you doing the cornerian Base as the station. would be cool
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2015

^^ Thanks A113. When it's all completed, i will be getting someone to do a video for me. So you will see one. :)

^ Yes captfido, that's what i'm aiming for. Trouble is, i can only find one picture of it. And it's the shot you see at the start of the Corneria level in the SNES game, when you fly out of it. So i'm hoping that will be enough for me to re-make it as a model.
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2015

Yea should be enough. Try to also make the warning launch section too
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2015

Progress..

launch tunnel

base
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2015

Now That's Looking cool.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2015

Been a bit distracted with some other things lately, and haven't been able to do much work on my coaster projects. But, here's something anyway.

woodie screen

starwing screen

I know it's not much, but it's something, lol. And it's better than nothing.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2015

*blows dust and cobwebs off thread*

Yeah, been distracted with other projects again. So i haven't done much work on my own things. And i've been stuck with layout ideas for my Star-wing-coaster. But that's slowly coming along.
    So here's 2 pics of what i have done on my own projects lately. Mainly theming my woodie, the name of which i have not yet released..

pic1
    Planting trees, theming, filling up that lake with water.

pic2
    Changed the colours of the Round Up to feature the colours of the 3 trains. Blue, red and purple. I think it looks good. Nseven palms doing their thing..
    ^ You missed a few spiders hiding in the crevices.
    Anyway, that looks like an awesome woodie :) Haven't seen it before.
    The Round Up looks really accurate too.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2015

Nice to see the woodie isn't dead!

Shame about the Star Wing one - Any chance of showing a layout so we could perhaps give pointers and ideas?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2015

Maaaan, that wooden coaster looks incredible! Really nice themeing work there, simple but effective.
    • CommentAuthorKamui
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2015 edited

The Star Fox Coaster is a nice idea. I've never played that game, but i like the design of the ships :)
    At E3 Nintendo announced a Sequel for Star Fox ;)
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

@ Coasterfan312: It's the Round Up from the latest update, so i should hope it's accurate, lol.

@ sprog: No, the woodie isn't dead, haha. I'll just say i'm currently experiencing a small delay while i'm waiting on a spare part for it from China.

@ AW: Yeah, going for a bit of a tropical theme/warm summer day kinda thing..

@ Kamui: Oh cool, so they have. I just checked, lol. I hadn't actually noticed that announcement. I was more focused on any info that was coming out about Fallout 4.

And sprog, here's a shot of what i have for Starwing so far.

screenie

I have some ideas i want to implement into it, so the challenge is how to pull those off while keeping it interesting. And without straying too far off course and ending up with something TOO spread out. But i think i have an idea of how i'll progress from there.
    And yes, it will be spread out. For technical reasons. So anyone looking for a tight, compact design or a vanilla wingrider experience, please look elsewhere. As you won't find that here. :P

Thanks for the comments everyone.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

I think a huge, spread out layout is the way to go if you're trying to imitate flying a spaceship - Is that an inversion into basically a double-down I can see at the end? That's going to provide some interesting forces and a pretty unique riding point!

Will this be like BTTF with lots of blocks hidden, or are you going to chuck an MCBR in this one? ;)
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2015

Posted By: sprogIs that an inversion into basically a double-down I can see at the end?

It is.. :)
    The inversion is a little something i experimented with and was nearly going to remove, but decided to keep it. Still thinking of a name for it, but for now, let's just call it a barrel roll. ;) I was nearly going to cover that bit up, and keep it as a surprise, hahaha.

Yes, it will have some hidden blocks, but something i'm adding will have an MCBR of sorts. So not all the blocks will be hidden ones.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2015

People, i come before you with an idea. (and no, it's not a monorail, lol)
    Some of you may recall the chickens i posted a while back, well i've decided to put them to use. I recently had the brilliant idea for an 'easter egg' of sorts..

This is Cecil, the golden chook.
    Cecil

Cecil will be hiding somewhere in each of my rides that i create and upload from this point on, and everyone will have the optional task of finding him. (no, he won't be hiding in plain sight or standing on the beach like in the shot above) I will have him hidden somewhere around the general area of each ride. He won't be placed in any 'cheap' spots, he'll always be above ground and will never be hidden inside a scenery object. It will be possible to find him.

So that's my chicken hunt 'easter egg' idea. :D
    Hello, Cecil.
    I like that idea though :P It's like finding the Pascals in Disney World.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2015

Hahaha, long live Cecil the chicken!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2015

image1
    screenie1
    Those damn robots always picked the worst time to wander across the battlefield while carrying that blue pillar..

image2
    screenie2
    As you can see, the Starwing scenery is coming along nicely.
    This is getting better every update. cannot wait for this to come out
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2015

So nice!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Wow, i haven't done this for a few months. How does it go again?
    Ok, i think i've got it..

HEY EVERYONE, I'VE UPLOADED A NEW RIDE!

Yep, that worked.
    It's the woodie you've seen in here, i can now officially tell you all it's called Waterlogged, and it's right here. So go get it.
    And let the chicken hunt begin. :D
    CHICKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what do we do if we find him? Not that I found him, but what if?
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

^ I should've made the chicken scream.. lol

It's in the ride description. Simply mention if you found him or not when you leave a comment. :)
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2015

I'm confused Womp - Why are you just posting screenshots from Starwing? Oh, wait... Damn that's good.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2015

I'd like to get some of your thoughts on something.
    Here we have an energy supply ring from Starwing that i re-created, the ones that replenish your shield when you fly through them.

energy ring

Now here's where i need your input.
    Should i leave it static, just sitting still and floating around the track like in the image above, or should i make it rotate and spin about like it does in the SNES game?
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2015

If you have it on the correct axis you should be able to rotate it easy with a vertex deformation. I would say rotate.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2015 edited

That's what i'm using, the vertex deformation. Tested it earlier tonight and it looked quite good.

Cool, that's 2 votes for spin/rotate so far. (1 in here and 1 on skype, lol)

Edit: Oooh, that's my 500th comment. Now, to the pub for celebratory drinks!
    (and a celebratory coca cola for the younger ones..)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2015

Animation is always nice to have, I guess. Thanks for the drink btw. :)

Keep up the great work! Though I've never been playing this game I can imagine pretty well how it would actually play just by looking at your coaster.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2015

Andross

Oh that Andross. Always spitting blocks at you.. or maybe they were weird flashing alien teeth.
    Who knows.

And for Baadrix (and anyone else who isn't familiar with the original game) here's a youtube clip of the first level, which my ride is themed to.

Starwing Corneria stage
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2015

Look what Womp found..

Megaman coaster
    My Megaman XL coaster!
    Decided to dust off an old project.. It's only been what, over a year since i first teased this one?

I was really hoping to have this released by now, but i was never 100% happy with the layout i came up with. So i've deleted the boring part (which was like 3/4 of it, haha) and i'm re-designing it. I'm also re-doing my station model. Fixing up textures, getting rid of the double sided faces i originally had from my early days of 3d modelling, and changing it to a .dae file instead of a .3ds file. And i also gave it some neat looking animated energy barriers at each end of the platform.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2015

^ I totally forgot about Megaman - I'm not sold on the train colours, but I'm intrigued what you'll do with an inverted layout.

And as a late reply to the energy supply ring question - rotate it! :)
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2015

I almost forgot about it too. :P
    And the L still stands for launch, i won't be changing that part.

Well, i coloured the train that way to incorporate the colours of Megaman himself. Beige pink seats for his face, and the dark & light blues for his body colours. Have you got any suggestions for another colour scheme i could try?
    This is the first invert i've made that i haven't had any blueprints/guidelines/a real ride to go from. Only other invert i've made was Deja Vu. So i had a solid reference to copy everything from. This one's an all original design, so i'm intrigued about what i'll do as well, haha. The original layout i had was a bit spread out and big, so i'm trying to make the new design a bit tighter.

And the Starwing energy ring now officially moves and spins about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2015

Totally loving the Starwing coaster!!!

As for the Megaman train, you could swap the colours around to match the colour proportions more closely. Like the flesh colour on the restraints for example. This way its kind of an almost naked megaman :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2015

I'd say ditch the flesh color as it's not normally part of an action hero's "color scheme."
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2015

I kinda like the colour scheme of the train though the skin coloured seats are a bit weird...perhaps try a plain black/off-black seat?