Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Star wing was awesome! so glad you made this. definately one of my favorites of the year.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2015

^^ Looks great. I'm gonna have to take a look at njob, I've been after a new map generator as my free trial on Crazybump ran out the other week :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2015 edited

I'm really sad that you didn't add that amazing photoshopped picture as the track preview. You should also make a version with invisible track. I think it would look really cool and add to the flying effect.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2015 edited

^^^ Thanks Fido. I knew you'd like it, hahaha.
    Re. the slow boss battle track sections. I wasn't really sure how to simulate a boss battle, and i couldn't really have the cars stay at cruising speed with the boss scene object moving backwards, like in the game. So i just did what i did.

^^ I had the free trial of Crazybump as well. I was kinda hoping i could beat the system, by installing it, using it, and un-installing. Then installing it only when i need to use it, i hoped the 30 day trial period would refresh itself each time. But no, hahaha. With njob, you need to convert an image from a diffusemap to a heightmap. Then you can use the heightmap to make a normalmap. So it's a little different to making a normalmap straight from an image/photo like in Crazybump.

^ I'm guessing you mean the preview image on the exchange. That was just a pre-release teaser poster thing i did up.
    Paradox, i heavily considered doing that when i was making it. Having the whole track invisible with no supports, so it was like you're flying around. And cause of the invisible layout, you wouldn't know what was coming next. I may actually upload a 'flying' version with no track, if there's enough demand for it and people would like to see that version.

'Flying' Starwing coaster with invisible track. Yes or no?
    How do i start a poll on here? lol.
    Please do that!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2015

I vote yes too!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Yes please do!
    • CommentAuthorsprog

I vote no - Simply because can you not just unpack it, and set the track to invisible yourselves? ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

How do you do that lol
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2015

Go to "extract package" from the file menu, and dump it in your NL folder. The new extracted file should open automatically.

Unfreeze the coaster, hide everything except the track, then grab it all, and double click whilst holding "alt", and just check the box that says "Invisible segment". Check and then uncheck the "catwalks" boxes to ensure they are gone too.

Hide the track and set the supports to visible, grab the lot and delete them.

Refreeze the coaster. Simples.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

How do I hide everything except track...
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

• CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2015 edited

Posted By: sprogRefreeze the coaster. Simples.

Sprog, i think you've been watching too many 'Compare the Market' commercials. Or maybe comparing too many meerkats.. I'm not sure.

Is everyone ok to do what Sprog said with my Starwing ride, or would you like me to do an 'official' flying version of it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I'd rather have an official version lol.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2015 edited

^^ Bit of both, if I'm honest ;)

^ Lazy buggers! haha :D
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2015

^ Hahaha

Ok, i'll do an official Womp Certified invisible track version of it. I'm just contemplating if i should change the layout ever so slightly.. So for those who have ridden the original, and think they know what's coming.. *evil grin*

My hyper theming is coming together slowly but nicely. Managed to make my grass, dirt and water all look very close to how they look in Red Alert. I'm not looking forward to how big the end product package will be.. Just the file containing all my scenery i've made so far, is 31mb. And i still have more items to make and texture. For me, that's not good, lol.
    Possible 2 hour upload.. ugh.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2015 edited

Been doing work on scenery for the blue hyper.

pic 1
    pic 2
    The sandbag walls form the path from the exit of the station and back around to the entry point where the barracks tent is.

pic 3
    Helipad has flashing lights and the ore texture (refinery and silos) is bump mapped.

pic 4
    Just noticed i've done up a ride photo collection area, but have no camera to take the damn photo, haha. I'd better get on the web and order one.

I've modified the fog machine and will be using it for smoke coming out of the chimneys of some buildings. I also have the allied light tank (the little one) done up and textured, but i have to re-do it, as the uv mapping didn't turn out how i was hoping it would and the wheels on the treads looked wonky and messed up. And i'm currently deciding whether to model the allies anti-aircraft guns or not..
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2015 edited

Ok.. The official Womp Certified invisible track flying version of my Starwing ride has now been uploaded.

You can find it on the exchange, or click here if you're lazy.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2015 edited

I have an attack chopper now. :)

heli1
    My courageous (stupid?) heli pilot, boldly flying under an airtime hill.

The rotor blades are animated and it flies a circuit around the area. A second one will be sitting on a helipad. When riding the first train out, there's a few moments where it flies past or alongside you, or it's above you as you go up a hill. Looks quite good. Hopefully it will look better once i texture it. UV mapping can be annoying when it doesn't work properly..
    is it me or are those pics broken?
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2015

So glad you got the animation working, this is gonna be great!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

@ JL: They load up fine at my end. What do you see at your end? Broken image icon, or is it just blank space? Can everyone else see the above two images of my chopper, or are they not showing up?

@ Sprog: I'm trying to animate the ore truck as well, but i'm having difficulty getting the scoop on the front to trigger more than once. (using dani's track triggered keyframe scripts, btw)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJL NoLimits

^ broken image
    On my windows computer and on my Mac desktop from school and my phone. All are broken
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I see them. Looks TÜV approved.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

^^ That's odd. I've never had that happen on here before..

Well here's links to the 2 images, JL. See if those work for you.

chopper 1

*edited: I deleted an image cause a false error message made me think it wasn't working*
    •  
      CommentAuthorJL NoLimits

Looks great!
    Thanks for the links

Strange... now they work :/
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015 edited

^ I've had that issue with some ride preview images on the exchange. A ride would have a broken image icon, so i'd drag the empty image into a new tab, and it loaded up. Then when i refreshed the page, it was there. Hopefully this one doesn't give you any issues..

Unit ready.

chopper complete

UV mapping/texturing actually decided to play nicely with me for this, which was a shock given the issues i'm still having sorting out the small tank (which is why you haven't seen that yet :P) All my vehicles will be UV mapped and all buildings/structures will be sketchup textured. I'm not adding infantry units, mainly cause i can't model people yet, lol.
    I added a bump map to the chopper, looked a bit 50/50. Some parts were ok, others were.. meh. But i'd have to make some changes to the bump map if i was to use it. But i may not, cause i haven't bump mapped any other vehicles.
    They should be even better once i add some chopper sound effects to them.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015

I kinda like the non-bumped appearance - fits well with the older graphical appearance of the game.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2016 edited

Been a while since i've been in here. Don't mind the smell, there was a dead possum in the roof. Got some windows open to air it out.

Well i suppose i should say or do something now, like an update of sorts. A January update. Yes, that's what i'll call it.. After having a bit of a break from my own stuff towards the end of last year and doing scenery for Arly's dive coaster, it's time to get back to my projects. Trouble is, i'm really not sure what to do. The two main projects i'm currently working on, are my Megaman launched invert (yes, it's still going. What's it been? 2 years now? lol), and my 2 C&C Red Alert rides.

The Megaman XL invert, i still have to do a few more things scenery-wise, one of which is making a custom tree. And i have no idea how that will go since i've never done a tree before. And i'm currently working on a new ride sign for it.
    The Red Alert coasters: Those will be a long term project, as i'd like to upload the 2 of them together. Work on the blue one has paused at the moment, until i can work out how to get a scene object animating a certain way (bestdani, if you read this.. ^ ;) ) And even when i do finish the blue ride, it won't be uploaded until the red one is completed as well. And although i've done some scenery objects for the red one, i haven't started any work on the actual ride yet. That will happen when the blue coaster is done.

So, should i keep working on one of those, or.. OR..
    Would you like to see me revive another of my old NL1 creations (possibly Deja Vu or Cobzilla) or even start something completely new and fresh. I have a Red Bull themed rocket coaster i started work on way back, but it never really went anywhere, probably cause i started working on something else. And this is probably the first time i've mentioned it. :P

Now, this is where you come in.
    I'd like to start a poll by asking: What project would you all like to see Womp complete and upload next?

• Megaman invert

• Red Alert coasters

• Deja Vu NL2

• Cobzilla NL2

• Red Bull coaster

•  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2016

Can you script and make all the moving parts for Deja Vu because I would absolutely love to see the SFoG one remodeled. Damn, do I miss that coaster.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2016

^ Personally, no i can't write scripts. If i were to do that, i'd have to get someone to do the required scripting for me. Otherwise everything will just be static. But when i do it, i will be doing custom scenery to make my NL2 version of Deja Vu more detailed than the NL1 version i made.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2016

I'd love to see Cobzilla make it's way into NL2, but I'm also intrigued by the Red Bull coaster - Any screenshots?
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2016

No, i don't have any screenies of the Red Bull ride. Only because there's really nothing to see, hahaha. All i have is a bit of station track and a support so i could test some colour combos, and a train with a basic WIP car texture. Basically, the Red Bull Rocket (as it's currently called) will just be a rocket coaster of my own design, which is themed using Red Bull Racing style livery/colours.

Cobzilla, i had an idea to make a giant 3d cobra head to fit over the front of the cobra roll. I added support 'fangs' to it in the original, but a giant custom 3d snake head will look much better. So before Cobzilla v2.0 can happen, i need to work out how i'll make and texture a cobra head.

While i'm here, i'll leave this for everyone.
    On the right we have the old Megaman XL sign i'd made for the ride. On the left, the new sign i did up. The new one was made by tracing the actual logo from the game start screen, then i added an 'L' to it. Which one do you think looks the best?
    signs
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2016

I like the look of the left side more in general (texture-wise the right one's better in my opinion). Maybe even the letters of the left one on a concrete surface?
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2016

The new sign on the left is straight from Blender, with NL mat's applied to the letters. Cool, i'll try a concrete texture on the black backdrop and see how that looks. I hadn't really decided what kind of textures i was gonna use on it yet.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2016

Agreed, the left side has the better design, but could benefit from textures similar to the right side, that is, something more than a solid black background. Not necessarily concrete, perhaps some form of metal sheets would work well too?
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2016

I found a nice riveted metal panel texture. Unfortunately it's not tiled, but it still worked for the task at hand.

new sign

Then i added a reflection to it, and made a bump map to throw on there as well. Concrete base to round it all off. I quite like how it's turned out.
    I don't really like the reflection but thats me.
    I do.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2016

Looks pretty damn good to me, I also like the reflection and just how polished it looks in general - Might have the chuck a sneaky bottle of Mr Sheen in there though Womp!
    I think it looks great! Especially once it is placed in a location with surrounding I think people will not notice the high reflectivity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2016

This look even better than I could have ever imagined. Very nicely done, Womp!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

I like it! I would add a metallic frame with bolts, it could add a nice touch.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Thanks for the comments, peeps.
    I was trying to go for a polished aluminium style look and reflection like an old aircraft, but at the same time i didn't want it to be too overly shiny. I'll leave it as it is, looks fine. I also tested blue and gold gradients on the letters like on the real logo, but that made it a bit difficult to read, as the solid letters stand out more.

@ sprog: Hahaha, Mr sheen. We've always thought he looks like one of our previous Prime Ministers.. So, Mr. Sheen can and a dirty rag easter egg behind the sign? ;)

@ dapalm: I'll have a look around, see what textures i can dig up, and test it with a studded/bolted frame around the front.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2016

spray can

I'm still working on the dirty rag to go with it..
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2016

Look, look!! Womp made a tree!
    I know it's not on par with nSeven's fantastic foliage (also pictured) but i think it looks alright for a first time tree.

tree

Even though this may not be the most mind blowingly amazing ride, i promise i will release it one day, hahaha.
    2 years under construction and counting.
    That's looks really interesting!

^^What a meme
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2016

Hahaa brilliant! Love the Mr Sheen!

Tree looks good to me for a first attempt - And I'm glad I'm not the only one with rides sitting on my hard drive that have been there for 2 years or more!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2016

^^ & ^ Thanks guys.

@ Ajax: Personally, i'd call it an easter egg. I don't use the word meme, maybe i'm too old, haha.

@ sprog: I'm sure there's more of us out there. I actually have another ride that i started working on back in 2014, after having an idea that i've never mentioned on here. Until now. And i'd like people's input on this if you don't mind.

I had an idea to do a series of rides. It would be called Womp's "You Can't Do That.." series. Basically it would be a series of different rides, mixing two styles of coaster that should never be seen together. And would prob make people say "wait, you can't do that!" For example, the ride i started working on is a wild mouse done in the style of a hyper coaster.
    Yes. A wild mouse hyper coaster.
    7 car wild mouse train with airtime and overbanks. I really haven't done much on it, and i'll prob re-do most of the layout, as it's some of my early work, and i know i can do better now, lol. I have a few other ideas i've noted down over time, but i'll keep those to myself for now *evil grin*
    So, what do people think of that idea, should i go ahead with some "you can't do that" rides or should i just leave it the hell alone? lol.

But enough about that. Time for what i was originally going to post here.
    After asking a question about 'floating' attachments in the ask thread, and having bestdani kindly do up a successful script for me, i can now tell you all the reason for it. After having another light bulb moment one night, i started working on this.

gondola

Yes, i had an idea to try and make a basic working cable car system. Using the script bestdani made for me, the gondola attaches to an invisible coaster car and circulates a basic circuit in the way a cable car gondola would.
    It's still very WIP at the mo, and will look better over time. I'm also still modelling support towers and a station. The cables will be NL support 'wire cables', lol. I have a feeling KingRCT3 will be interested in this.. ;)

So that's that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2016 edited

Posted By: Womp83Yes. A wild mouse hyper coaster.
    Perfect. More creativity surely can't hurt.

The gondola looks very nice, are you going to smooth the surface (if it's possible)?