Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2016

Nice! Hooray! No more standing on really dangerous spinning zamperla mouse car backseats that can dump you at any moment anymore!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2016

Thanks baadrix. Yes, the final product will be nice and smooth with textures and some sort of graphic on the sides. The gondola won't be going anywhere near sketchup, lol. It currently looks that way cause i'm still working on it, and i'm just leaving it like that while i'm testing it and making the other parts. It will start out as a basic moving scenery piece, and if i can get that to work the way i want it to, then i might see what i can do about making a gondola with animated doors so you can ride in it. I currently don't have anything planned that will make use of it, i'm just doing this after having the idea and to see if and how well it works. But if everything goes well.. Maybe it could end up being used somewhere. ;)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2016

My Gladness Island Of Oriental Sundown really could use this.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2016

So since baadrix was the only person who liked it, i've decided to go ahead with the hyper mouse.

hyper mouse

I really don't have much to show yet, as i deleted 3/4 of the original layout and what you see there is one part of the original layout that i'm keeping. You can also see i'm in the process of doing up a car texture. Colours may be subject to change, although i don't mind those colours. But yeah, you'll prob see some more of this over time. I might not do any custom scenery for this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2016 edited

Posted By: Womp83I have a feeling KingRCT3 will be interested in this.. ;)

Hahaha you bet I am! You posted that when I was on holiday (precisely skiing!), hence why I haven't noticed earlier.
    That model looks really well shaped, the one thing that bothers me is how tiny the windows are. If you're going for a modern look, don't be afraid to put giant panels of glass. ;)

As for the hyper mouse... You can't do that! I mean, you CAN do that! I'm really curious to see where you're going with that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrBassdirt
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2016 edited

I honestly love the "you can't do this" mentality. It's sad to see people go "this isn't realistic" or "x manufacturer would never do that in real life". I promise you that if a park wanted something done, and had the money to do it, someone will make it happen. No question.

I think designing with all these silly restrictions is very stifling and it makes me sad to see someone's cool idea shot down because it's "inauthentic". Unless you are specifically going out to recreate a manufacturer's style (which I think most people try to do, which is great and I have no problems with), there's no reason you can't have a swinging coaster do a loop, or a 200 foot mouse coaster. The argument should not be whether something is "faithful" to the original coaster or not (again, unless that is your goal), the argument should be whether it's do-able/realistic or not. If you can get that swinging coaster through that loop in a way that sustains realistic, safe G-forces, realistic and safe swinging, and is supported in a way that would realistically be able to distribute the huge dynamic load that track would be taking (not easy), then there is no reason that can't exist in real life. Manufacturers aren't sitting in their offices thinking "hmmm this doesn't look like our usual shaping and we've never done this element before so maybe we should take it out." No. That's ridiculous. They're thinking, "is this safe?" "can we get the train to do this safely and reliably and keep maintenance costs down?" "can this realistically be built in the location and surrounding area we have planned?" (that means NOT having footers on un-graded cliff faces.). IDK. Just my 2cents. Sorry for hijacking your thread lol.

My point is: I love the idea and I love seeing people challenge themselves by making unlikely, yet realistic, coasters. There is something about that suspended reality that I just love. Creating something that would almost never be built in real life, due to costs or other limitations, but something that totally could be built.
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2016

MrBassdirt 4 Prez

Seriously though - please listen to this man. You will only cheat yourself out of creativity and imagination if you restrict yourself to these imaginary and self-inflicted restrictions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJL NoLimits
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2016 edited

^^Promote him!
    I really like what you've done. Ive been worried that nobody was gonna say that! Thank you!

^And him
    Were are the trees?
    If you have an unique idea that you think everyone will hate for being unrealistic, just follow these simple instructions.

I see no reason why we could have a hyper wild mouse, I'm honestly intrigued. I imagine a hyper wild mouse would have some big drops, however I have this imagine in my head of switchbacks 200ft in the air :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

^^^signed.
    Looking forward to that hyper mouse :D
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Arrow made a concept for a 200ft inverted wild mouse thing with inversions, if that isn't unrealistic then anything can happen :p
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Posted By: KingRCT3Hahaha you bet I am! You posted that when I was on holiday (precisely skiing!), hence why I haven't noticed earlier.
    That model looks really well shaped, the one thing that bothers me is how tiny the windows are. If you're going for a modern look, don't be afraid to put giant panels of glass. ;)

As for the hyper mouse... You can't do that! I mean, you CAN do that! I'm really curious to see where you're going with that.
    Ah, fair enough. Welcome back then. :) Hope you enjoyed it.
    I just googled cable car gondolas, and found some pics of those used on the system they built in London a few years back, so i used them as a reference. I suppose i can always make the windows a bit bigger.
    King, you wouldn't happen to have any links to some good images of gondolas, would you? I'm having trouble finding some detailed shots of the mechanism on the end of the metal arm on the roof, where it hangs from the cable. Not knowing the name of those bits doesn't help either, lol. But if you can rustle up some images for me, just so i can see how it looks, that would be great. Also things like the wheels on the support towers and stuff like that, i just need some good reference images.

Posted By: MrBassdirtSorry for hijacking your thread lol.
    Don't worry about it Bassdirt, hahaha. You made a good point.
    I've never been the sort of person to make my rides sticking to the design style of manufacturer X, Y or Z. I guess you could say i did it with my very first upload, my Deja Vu re-creation. But even when i do have a go at trying to build in that way, i find myself straying off the path and doing my own thing here and there. For example, the first drop on my blue 'Allied' Red Alert hyper i've posted about in here. It's not a straight drop, it twists/curves mildly to one side. Real B&M hypers don't do that. At least not to my knowledge..

+1 vote Bass for Prez.
    Cause then i can say the President hijacked my thread. :D

Posted By: NemesisRiderI see no reason why we could have a hyper wild mouse, I'm honestly intrigued. I imagine a hyper wild mouse would have some big drops, however I have this imagine in my head of switchbacks 200ft in the air :P
    Lol, no. That's just a massively high wild mouse. Mine will be a fairly standard hyper layout (although nothing's 'fairly standard' with me, haha) with airtime hills, bunny hops, overbanks, hammerheads all the usual hyper elements. But just built from wild mouse parts instead.

And i'll try and do a good job on the hyper mouse.
    Thanks everyone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: Womp83King, you wouldn't happen to have any links to some good images of gondolas, would you?

Sure, I whisper you that this evening. ;)
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2016

I thought i'd share this with you all. Something that's been in the works for a long time.

sting

Sting Chameleon, forest stage boss in Megaman X. And set piece for my Megaman XL ride.
    Yes, i realise he looks a little skinny, but i started making it not long after i learned the basics of Blender. So it is one of my earlier models i'd made. But despite his anorexic appearance (he just needs a good meal) i think it turned out quite well. Especially once you add the spit and polish of one or more NL2MAT's.

And no, it's not anima-tronic'd, he just stands there, staring you down.. I took that while on foot, so he literally stares down at you.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2016 edited

Yo Womp, ~all 90s like~ what up boiiii... was in the neighbourhood for the first time in ages, thought I'd stop by ya thread and say S'up!

The Megaman coaster looks like it coming along nicely nd Mr Sheen really does clean & shine, see video hahaha.

and now I must retreat back into the void from whence I came.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2016

^ Bloody hell he's still alive.

Looks great to me, Loving the metallic surfaces and the eye aperture texture - and he looks pretty damn massive! My only complaint would be I'd smooth the tail segments out to match the body.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2016

@ AW: *responds in a similar 90's style* Gotta love old commercials. She's such a flirt, lol.
    "Well, we certainly put a shine to that table, hahaha-ha"
    "I thought i'd rather taken a shine to you.."

Thanks. Yeah, Megaman XL is slowly getting there. One day i'll even release it, lol. Good to see you back round here.

@ Sprog: Thanks. Everything is smoothed where it needs to be, but the tail just looks that way cause of how it's angled. This is the reference image i used while making it. The tail is meant to be segmented like that, and i put 'ball joints' between each segment. From the underside, it looks smoother. I'm quite pleased with how the little logo on it's head turned out. I was expecting some problems with that, just because i usually encounter problems with everything.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2016

@Sprog: long time man, yes I am alive. Sadly don't have much time for NL these days though :(

@Womp: thanks man, it had been ages and I was like why not haha. Nd she is simply lewd and dis-tasteful hahahaha, gotta love the 50s style adverts.
    Glad ya projects are getting there bro, even if its only slowly; it sucks when real life gets in the way.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2016

^ It's not so much life getting in the way, i make sure that doesn't happen very often by not having a job, lol.
    It's more me having a lot of projects backed up, then getting distracted by starting something new.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2016

^^ Likewise, it gets fired up every few months but I rarely make anything substantial now - Still keep my foot in the door here though! Too much other stuff to juggle in life.

^^^ Fair enough, tbh I haven't touched a Megaman game in 10 years or so I'm probably criticizing things that are correct! I'm always impressed at how rapidly your modelling and texturing skills improve.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2016

My hyper mouse layout is now complete, hooray! :D

mouse 1
    mouse 2
    As you can see, it still has no name. I'm thinking of just calling it Hyper Mouse. Unless i have a moment of genius and come up with something absolutely awesome. But i doubt that.
    There's some nice airtime in them thar hills..

Now i just need to work out how i'm going to support the damn thing. (eg. what style to use) Seems a bit high for typical wild mouse/corkscrew lift supports, and they'd look odd if i fattened them up. I do have an idea of something to try, but any suggestions are welcome.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2016

To be honest, I think "RIDE NAME" is great ;)
    This thing looks terrifying... Yet insanely brilliant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrBassdirt
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2016

Hahaha yess hyper mouse! That looks ridiculous lol (in a good way). Maybe try using Arrow/morgan truss support structure? Like on their hypers. I cant imagine any other style working (in a realistic way) while still looking good. And that way it still kinda feels like a wild mouse. Just my 2c.

I also like "Ride Name" lol, or perhaps "Roller Coaster 1".

You can give it a roman theme and name it "Julius Cheeser" tehehehe.
    I am in class right now I did not need that pun. I made this little squeak noise trying to contain the laughter but everyone heard.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2016

^^ & ^ Julius Cheeser.. squeak.. *comical drum fill* Classic.
    And lol @ CG.

Bassdirt, i don't really know all the manufacturer styles as well as a lot of other people on here, hahaha (i know some, but not all) but after a quick google and rcdb search, i'm guessing you mean supports like those on the Pepsi Max Big One and Desperado. If so, then that's what i was originally thinking, but wasn't sure since i thought they'd be a bit flimsy (yes, those do require more work which i was kinda hoping to avoid, lol) I'm also thinking of using the giga box supports, modified to fit the wild mouse rail connector. And possibly even doing a smaller scale of the box lift spine that goes down to the ground, like on Leviathan & Fury 325.

I'm liking the sound of Julius Cheeser, but i wasn't planning on doing heavy scenery work on this one. I prob wasn't going to make any custom scenery at all, and only use some default and N7 foliage.
    I could go with 'Ride Name', but i'd like to call it something memorable. I don't know, i'll figure something out.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2016

Ok. I have here two progress shots of the support work on my hyper mouse. They're still WIP, but i thought i'd post these here before i continue any further, just to get some thoughts on how it looks so far.

supports..
    more supports..

Looking at photos of some old arrow hypers, i'd say something like this would be fine, as real ones seem to use a mix of lattice structure and normal pole supports.

I also came up with some possible names for it too.
    Looking to other hypers for inspiration, i thought maybe something like Raging Mouse, Furry 203 (cause it's 203ft tall, or 62m in my language. And mice have fur.. lol) or even Behemouse.

So yeah. Thoughts?
    Furry 203, definitely
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2016

It's almost a blend between an amazing hyper and TOGOfan aesthetics xD
    For a hyper mouse, it doesn't seem to have any 'mouse' parts. It's a shame you didn't opt for a true hyper mouse, 1 car train, 200ft drops and then some really high up hairpin turns.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMattCamMans
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2016 edited

^This. I want to see those crazy altitude hairpins
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2016 edited

Looks like 'Furry 203' is winning at the moment, with a grand total of 1 vote, lol.

@ Zergei: I could go full TOGO and have at least 1 catwalk running all the way around it. But no, i won't.

@ Crazycoaster: To be honest, that was never really my intention for this ride. That's just a wild mouse coaster on an absolutely massive scale. I wanted to do a hyper layout, using the wild mouse coaster style. But if you're lucky, i may consider doing a giant wild mouse like that later on. After i get some other projects out of the way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2016

That's some "brie-lliant" execution, definitely love the supporting style. How about "Cheesy Star", "Emmentaldator" or "Gate Squeaker"? :P Although I like Furry 203, too.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2016 edited

Gate Squeaker.. I like that one, hahaha. Instead of keyhole elements, it has mouse-hole elements.. :D
    Baadrix, you've just given me a tough decision buddy. :P And where's a wild mouse wing train when you need it? And thanks, glad you like the supports. No one's said anything negative about them so far, so i've decided to continue with that style.

Furry 203 or Gate Squeaker? Two very good name ideas..
    Vote for your favourite and win a first class, one way ticket, to.. Aaaa-aaal-buquerque. (and bonus points for anyone who knows the song, lol)
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

Make it Gate Squeaker and instead of key holes make them giant pieces of cheese.
    Gate Squeaker with a keyhole element through mouse traps
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Use the cheese model from that NL1 ride that had a wooden coaster going in and out of cheese.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2016

Make the track go through some very rusty gates that screech and play some very old rusty music.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Paradox, that's exactly what i thought of when people started talking about cheese & mouse traps.

Guys.... I really didn't want to do a whole lot of custom scenery for this ride, hahaha. Maybe.. MAYBE i'll make up a mouse trap or a block of cheese for it to go through.
    I just found that big cheese model on my imac with all my NL1 stuff, and while it does work in NL2, i prob won't use it. I don't know about that rusty gate idea, Togo. I'll see if i can make something like that work.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

You've at least got to do a Tom and Jerry-esque hole in a skirting board for the entry back into the station, Womp! ;)
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2016

Funny you should say that. The little blue image of the mouse on the side of the cars, that's actually a picture of Jerry that i used, lol.
    I'm not doing a custom station for it, so i'll see if i can work something like that into the default building.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2016 edited

What's lurking outside the mouse hole?

Well, not much at the moment, as i'm still working on it. And without bait, it's no threat to a mouse at all. The finished one will be a bit bigger, and i'll possibly have 2 variations. One like that, and one with the trap bit halfway up, to swoop through as a 'mouse hole' element, and attempt to steal the cheese.
    So much for minimal to no custom scenery, hahaha.

That skirting board part is a solid colour with a woodgrain normal map applied to it. I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

Have we decided on a name for this yet? I see a few of you have said Gate Squeaker, but although that's a good name, i think it would be a better fit for a small twisted coaster, as GateKeeper is a twister and not a hyper. So i'm still leaning towards Furry 203, just cause of the hyper connection.
    Oh, btw, supports are all done. I just need to modify them all now.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2016

Everybody, say hello to Furry 203. (yes, i went with that name)

pic1
    pic2
    pic3

I'm happy enough with how it looks to call it finished. Probably coming sometime next week. Unless i make a last minute decision to change something..
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny

Speedy Gonzales: The Ride
    You get that one for free.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Hooray! It's finally coming! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Aw, it looks so ... well, cute definitely wouldn't be the right word for a coaster that tall, so I'm going for ... "mousesome". :P Looking forward to taking a ride on the world's first hyper mouse!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2016

Furry 203, the world's first hyper mouse is now open for service. Clicky.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2016

How many points do I win?

(purposely obscured to not ruin the game for others)
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Not enough :P

Did i specify any points for finding the chicken? I don't think i did. Um.. A sense of self achievement? I don't know.. I actually think you said that yourself in the Starwing video you made for me, hahaha.

A free ride on Furry 203?
    I didn't hide Cecil as well as i did in previous rides.. Made this one a bit easier. Plus there weren't too many good places to hide it in the park, cause scenery was limited.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik

^^ You win a free holiday to GULAG. Your private chauffeur will arrive in circa five minutes.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

^^ I did, didn't I? Shot myself in the foot there.

Have to say I quite enjoyed it, it was a very.... Interesting idea. The only thing that disappointed me slightly was that it basically is just an almost intamin-style hyper (Reminded me of Millennium Force in multiple spots) with wild mouse cars rather than hyper cars - I was hoping to see a few more hair pin turns and things mixed in, even if it was just at the start before it went off as a hyper.
    Overall though, it was a fun layout and the minimalist scenery added a nice touch, felt like you were almost running through the mouse traps to steal the cheese before they went off.