Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2016

Last one, definitely. This one is depressing.
    ^^ Last one was better.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2016

It's now officially blue, black & white. Thanks for your input. :)
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2016

Just letting you all know that this thing is still making progress..

image1
    image2
    image3

It's almost finished. Supports are all done, i just have to go around and detail them. I wasn't planning on doing custom scenery on this, but i'm going to do up a sign to slap somewhere on the front of the station.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2017

So i was thinking..
    When NLC starts up, i was gonna re-upload all my NL2 rides, for any new crowd who may show up, and also for those who may have missed them first time round. But only my rides that were better received on the exchange. Any of my rides that didn't have many d'loads or do very well for whatever reason, i might just leave them. And i'm also going to update any rides that might need attention. So any of my early rides that featured support scenery (my Thomas coaster for example) i'm going to give them proper custom scenery.
    Or the lift not stopping during an e-stop on my Waterlogged ride, which i've already addressed and it's all good now. My El Toro Loco ride, i've never been able to work out why it has that issue on the end brake run, so i'll prob leave that one alone. I may even re-do some of my early custom 3d scenery as well, as i now have better knowledge of 3d modelling than i did when i first made them. But i'll see what happens when the time comes.

I'm already making a mental list of rides that have made the cut, but i'd also like to hear from you guys. Which of my NL2 creations would you like to see me re-upload when NLC comes online?
    Here's a link to my rides page on the exchange, so you can go through all my creations and pick some out.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2017 edited

Been working on doing some 'proper' scenery for my Thomas the Tank Engine ride. Most of it is still work in progress.

pic1
    pic2

I'm leaving the station overhead footbridge as is, cause it already looks good and doing that means it's one less thing i have to make, lol. And yes, i'm going to make an animated windmill this time.
    I'm also thinking of making up a troublesome truck face to go on the rear car of each train. It's a bit more work, as i've never modelled a face before. But what do we think?

Shall i try to do up one of these guys?

trucks
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2017

Good job on the car textures, I was actually attempting to make one myself at one point xD
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2017

My childhood in a nutshell. Although it looks creepy now, 10-12 years later...
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2017

@ Zergei: I think i saw that picture back when you first posted it, lol
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2017

WIP

Going to try 2 different ways of making the face. One is a bit more simple (pictured above) the other is more complex and involves me trying to use the sculpt tool in Blender.
    The key word there is 'trying', cause i've never really used it before.

I'd like to try and model it as closely to the real truck face as i can, so then i can use the face image as a texture.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2017

^ Deformed monster! Return it to Shed 17!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2017

Lol.. It's not that bad.. (had to google Shed 17 as i didn't know what it was)
    It will/should look much better when it's done, trust me.
    .... I just googled it aswell .... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY CHILDHOOD.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2017

What do we think of the quaint little station of Wompton?

Or should i give it a proper name from the Thomas series? I'm 50/50 on this decision..
    While only a few objects are complete, almost all scenery has been replaced. Except for the windmill. That will be next.
    I think it would be cool to have an Thomas town name but having yours in there is a nice Easter egg.
    having watched shed 17 i am now considering this a horror themed coaster
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2017 edited

@ Utah: Plus, Wompton does sound British..
    I've used my name for a few things i've made in the past. In Gran Turismo 5, my friends and i would often make our own tracks with the circuit creator thing for us all to race on. I made a neat track that i christened Womp Springs Raceway. My friends loved it. Even a soccer team i created in Fifa 12 on PS3 i called Womp Springs FC..
    Wompton it is. :)

@ Element: Hahahahaha.. I could very well do that if you want me to.
    But i have a feeling you'd be like "OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO!!!" But i could just do something to it, simply to post a teaser image here. *evil grin* I'm fairly certain Code did up a horror style screenie of his Thomas Rocket coaster a while back.
    Posted By: Womp83should i give it a proper name from the Thomas series?

Trouble with that is you open yourself up to criticism if its not accurate to the Thomas stuff. If you want freedom of inaccuracy, then it's better to simply say "based on".
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik

^^^ If you think Shed 17 is bad, be lucky you haven't seen this:

Click at your own risk

Staff edit: Made that image a link because it's a tad... disturbing
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2017

^Childhood ruined.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Dude, what the hell?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDarkStar

what the actual f**k
    *cries in corner*
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

That's both disgusting and awesome.

@Womp83 looks awesome so far, never been a fan of this series (too old lol), but from what I've seen it looks like you're making a good job recreating that environment.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2017

Posted By: The_ArchitectTrouble with that is you open yourself up to criticism if its not accurate to the Thomas stuff. If you want freedom of inaccuracy, then it's better to simply say "based on".

Well in those situations i'd just go with something like "themed to" or as you said, "based on". I did do up a sign using one of the real location names from the series, then i got the idea for Wompton, and well, i kinda like that better. ;)

Posted By: RobotnikIf you think Shed 17 is bad, be lucky you haven't seen this:

I was going to say something, but i see the staff have modified it already.

But that image did make mine here look rather tame..
    some_text

Still want that horror themed Thomas ride, Element?

And thanks Dapalm.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2017

I had another idea for a ride while watching something on tv this afternoon.

KITT

But i have far too many things i'm already working on.
    So.. Thoughts? Yes or no?

I need to stop having ideas...
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2017

So.. After quite some time and a lot of work with me teaching myself the basics of sculpting in Blender, and then a lot of trial and error, i now have this.

It's a combination of an image texture and sculpting. Eyes are slightly raised and the nose & that bit around the mouth are sculpted. It's still a WIP, i have to cut the mouth out and add a little bit more sculpted detail to it. So that was just a quick test model i did up to see how it looked. But i'm happy with how it's turning out.

Looks a hell of a lot better than the first one i showed you all, hahaha.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2017

Troublesome truck face is finished.

Made using my newfound skills of texture painting in Blender. 112,059 faces vs 21 faces, for the high and low detail models.
    All i have to do now is animate and texture the windmill, add some more trees, and the scenery update is all done. Then i can move onto something else.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2017

Could i get some people's opinions on something?
    If i was to make a 2nd Starwing coaster (themed to a different level), would there be any interest in that, or would i be wasting my time making another one?

Also, i've had an idea for a ride. It would be a tribute coaster of sorts for my favourite US sportscar, the Dodge Viper, after a friend recently told me that production of the Viper will end sometime this year, apparently due to a new airbag regulation. (but we all know it will come back, it has before. And i realise this might be old news to some, but i just found out)
    So it would be a coaster of a yet to be decided type, running 3 trains. And i'd like to try and model the nose/front end of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen Viper to be used as attachments for the front of each train, to try and make them look like the cars. Similar to Intimidator 305, with the front of the train looking like a Nascar.

So, yes or no to those ideas?
    A viper themed coaster would be sweet. I have a selfed project of a sports car themed coaster as well. I'm excited to see it.
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2017

well I for one would love to see another Starfox (Starwing) coaster from you. maybe even them it to Starwolf trains instead. idk just a thought, or a feature them into a dogfight in the meteor fields against the passengers trains.

A viper coaster would be awesome too. similar trains to i305 but not a giga coaster though. this would be fast like formula rosa or maybe like rita. I could see it.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2017 edited

Thanks Utah.
    Upon closer inspection, it's actually the gen 1, 3 and 5 models that i was referring to. These guys:

3 vipers

Keeping in mind that if i go ahead with it, i'll only upload it once the new site is up and running. But don't worry, i will post progress shots if it happens.
    So that's 1 vote for the Viper coaster. Any others?

Edit: Oh thanks captfido. You left that while i was in the middle of typing, hahaha. If i did another Starwing/fox ride, i was thinking something like a space level, maybe even go the invisible track & no supports option.

I wasn't going to do a giga layout for the Viper ride. Something smaller, regular twisty layout or something like that.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2017

The windmill for my Thomas coaster is animated and spins now. (i don't have proof, just trust me, it does) Just need to finish texturing it, and i'm done with that. Then i can have a short break, lol, then start work on something else. Maybe my Viper ride, i don't know. I still have some other things in progress.

Discovered a little texturing trick while doing the windmill blades/sails as well, which should prove useful on future projects.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2017

Q: What do you get when you cross a Womp with a Photoshop?

A: This.

concept preview

An awesome concept shot i made of one of the trains for my Dodge Viper coaster.
    It will look exactly like that when it's done. Or it might look better than that, i haven't decided yet. Could end up being a mildly different shade of red.. Haven't actually started anything yet, just doing a test fit.
    ^ Nice!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2017

GT stripes or no GT stripes?

pic1
    pic2

I'm thinking the plain red, since the GTS had the stripe option and the RT/10 didn't. And this is modelled on the latter. As you can see, i've coloured the seats and restraints to match the interior of the original car, with the blue/grey leather seats and black seatbelts.
    Still very minimal progress thus far, been working on the front end there. That was a stage 2 test fit. I will refine it from what you see there. Also planning on having the grey part of the headlights transparent, like a plastic lens, and have a headlight texture underneath for that little extra bit of detail. Hopefully that will work smoothly for me. And look, it IS a mildly different shade of red. What did i say in my previous post? lol.
    I think having one train with the stripes would be good. I like the Viper more with the racing stripes.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2017

I might put stripes on the 2nd one. Personally, i prefer the look of the 1st car in a single colour.
    Thanks.
    nah defo with stripes
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2017

So the original RT/10 front end with stipes, and the other 2 without? And all 3 trains red, or a different colour for each one?

Now the important question, what colour stripes? lol. White, silver or black.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2017

I would say different color for each. I would also say stripes for each to add visual interest unless you're planning to further detail the 3D model. Maybe red w/ white stripes, black w/ silver stripes and yellow w/ black stripes?
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2017

I wasn't planning on making the models too detailed, i didn't want them to be too complex just to avoid any sort of lag on lower end machines. While testing things for the RT/10 front model i've posted above, it ended up at a point where it had around 10,000 polys in it, but i'm sure that will be ok. I will be doing low detail models for them all as well. So stripes could be a cheap, easy and effective way to spruce them up a bit.

I'm thinking of doing these colour combos for the respective train models.

viper1
    viper2
    viper3

Let me know what you all think. May even try silver stripes for the top one, depends on what i can get out of an NL2mat..
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

The built in chrome material would probably be perfect for that.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Could be. When i get to that point, i'll have a play around, see what i can come up with.
    I like all the color combos. The silver stripes on the red would be an added bonus.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2017

One down, 2 to go.

Technically, there's still a few more things to be done before it's finished and i can move on to the next one, but they're not visible in that shot.
    Had to fire up my PS3 and GT5 to take a close-up photo of the headlights on the Viper GTS in the game to use for the headlight texture, cause google gave me nothing that was useable.
    Wow amazing!!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2017

Viper no.2 is taking shape. Still early WIP.

I'm taking a slightly different approach to modelling this one. Mainly to see if it's any easier or turns out better than the way i did the first one.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2017

Somehow, the blue one has far less faces in it than the first one i made (8,800 vs 4,700) Not sure if it's down to making it a different way to the first one. But it's not finished, i still have a few more things to do to it. Add stripes, cover up the underside so you can't see through it, cut brake fin slots in the bumper.. But given what i still need to do, i can't see the number of faces going too much further past 5,000.

I was also thinking of designing the station to resemble the original Viper engine block, but i don't know how well that will turn out. Might scrap that idea.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2017

This looks great so far!