Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2017

Thanks.
    And it'll look better once i start working on a track layout for it. Still got no idea what to do there, lol. All i know is it won't be a launched coaster.

I'm not looking forward to when i have to start work on the 3rd car model. It has lots of little detailed bits that will be easy to mess up or difficult to replicate.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2017

Viper no.2 is all done. I'll tease you this time by not posting a picture of it, muahahaha.. And make you all wait until the final one is finished and i'll post a group shot. But i'll just say it looks good.
    And the completed model has around 5,200 faces in it. Seems like i was pretty spot on with my earlier prediction. Whatever i did with it, i'll try and do it again.
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2017 edited

Will you redo your first one to save polys?
    These look badass! So are there just tiny slots in the bottom of the body for the magnetic fins to go through, or are we ignoring that for now? If there are little slots it looks like they could be a little too small to take into account for vibrations and slight misalignments.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2017 edited

^^ I was thinking about that, and i don't know. I might just leave it as is. Took me long enough to get it how i wanted it, lol.
    Plus, it has a low detail model and parts of it use clipping (as will all of them) so i'm sure the extra polys on the 'nice' model won't be that much of an issue.

@ CoolioJoe100:
    Thanks. Yes, there are slots in the bottom for the fins. It looks close, but there is a bit of wiggle room. Not much though, hahaha.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2017

Well, i promised you a group shot when my Viper fronts were all done, so here you go.

pic1
    I don't know how, but the yellow one has even less faces than the blue one, lol. Around the 3,500 mark. I have a feeling i may have missed a step that i did with the others, it was a bit more challenging than the first two. But it still looks good.

Here's another shot of the 2 newest ones.

pic2
    The grille on the yellow one provided a bit of a hurdle, but i eventually cleared it.

Now for the hard part. Making the actual coaster, hahaha. I don't do that nearly as often as some other people on here..
    Those trains look amazing! Nice work.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2017

Thanks Utah.
    Still need to design a station for it, and make a nice sign to place somewhere out the front.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCoolioJoe100
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2017 edited

I love it! You probably addressed this before, but will the headlights be functional? I feel like that would definitely complete the look.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2017

That yellow one is amazing! I love it, great job.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2017

Thanks guys.

^^ No-one's actually asked that question yet, lol.
    I wasn't originally planning on having the headlights functional, buuuuuut i guess i could test something out, see how it looks/works.

BTW, i started making a ride sign for it. It's gonna be a fat, chunky sign like the sign i made for my Megaman XL ride. Cause those type of signs look the best, hahaha.

sign
    Now that's a spicy ride sign.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2017 edited

Well i can now say that the Viper bits won't have working headlights.
    I tested some lights on one of them last night, and couldn't quite get it to work the way i wanted it to. Then my PC froze and i had to restart it, and lost everything i just did.
    And i couldn't be arsed doing everything again at the time, lol.

So no working lights.
    Sorry..
    Haha, that's quite alright. Thanks for trying. They're already badass.
    How the fuck did you get them to look that good!? I envy you >:(

To be real, though, they look really nice, I absolutely love them and I can't wait to see the layout.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2017

Hahahaha.. A lot of time, effort and patience along with some trial and error. And reference images. Lots of reference images.
    To be honest, if i had a greater knowledge of techniques used to model a nice looking car, i probably could've made them look even better and more detailed. But i have learned a few things doing these. And everything i make increases my Blender skill that little bit more.

I'm still not sure what to do layout-wise yet. I have a very rough general idea. I'm thinking of making it like a hyper with airtime hills and fast turns etc, but with an inversion or 2 thrown in for good measure.

Thanks FlyerMan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2017

This project looks great!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2017

*clears throat*

I'd like to make an announcement..

My Dodge Viper coaster has now become a joint venture between myself and TheDarkStar.
    So watch this space.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2017

I know i told you all to watch this space, and no, this isn't what you should be watching for. But..
    What do we think of my ride sign?

sign

The back part also has grooves running along the top edge like on the base.
    Love it!
    • CommentAuthorDelay

That looks great!
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Racing stripes make that sign look FAST!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2017 edited

Thanks. It's not too shiny, is it? I didn't want to make it too polished like my Megaman sign, but i didn't want it to be dull either.

My idea to use a honeycomb normal map on the sign came from a tv show back in the 90's called Viper, if anyone remembers that. I loved that show when i was younger. It was very similar to Knight Rider, but with a Viper. Special organisation of crime fighters made a car that has weapons and can transform, etc.
    Anyway, in one of the seasons of the show, they used these hexagonal panels on the car for the transformation/morph sequence. Hence, the hexagonal effect on my sign.
    I guess you could call it an easter egg of sorts.
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2017

Posted By: Womp83I guess you could call it an easter egg of sorts.

Reference?
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2017

Reference, easter egg, throwback, paying homage to, tribute.. Whatever you want to call it, it's one of those.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2017

Can i get some opinions on something?

What does everyone think of the station i made for my Megaman ride?

station pic

Due to the B&M scale adjustment the devs made a while back, i'll have to re-do parts of it before i can upload it to the new site once that's up and running. But i was also thinking of making a new station, as that was one of my earlier models, and my modelling methods have changed a bit since then. Personally, i do like the way i've done it, but it does kinda look a bit like a small aircraft hangar and doesn't really fit a forest themed area. (it would be more at home in another level from the game..)

But what do we think, should i leave it that style, or should i make a new station building for it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I think a new one would better fit the theme of the ride
    • CommentAuthornSeven

I would say a new one as well!
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

The model is good, but it doesn't fit in a forest.
    And if you don't want to start over completely make it look like and old ''aircraft hangar'' overgrown by the forest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2017

Like others have said, it looks good but not fitting with the rest of the "forest" theme that seems to be going on. Tim has a good idea going, switching to a hangar esque theme could be a big improvement scenery-wise.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2017

I was leaning towards making a new station building when i get around to it anyway, so all your comments have helped make that decision easier. Thanks for your input.
    I do like Tim's idea, if it's not too much work to pull off i'll see if i can do something like that and have the old station in ruins or something. But i don't think i'm gonna change the entire theme of the ride.
    And i've just recently had an idea for the new station. I just hope it turns out the same way i'm picturing it in my head at the moment, lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2017 edited

Megaman ride. If the soundtrack isn't the Protomen I'll cry.

Otherwise, I approve of the theme idea but agree with the others that I'd design something new for the station.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2017

I'd never even heard of that group until you said that.
    Back when i first made the ride, i wanted to have music from the game as on-ride music, but i couldn't get it to work the way i wanted it to. So i had to upload it without music. I'm not sure, but i may have a different on-ride music script now, and when i get around to fixing it up, i'll try and sort out some music.