Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Well, surprisingly I have never made a B&M Invert before so for the 2014 NL2T on CC, I decided I'd make one. I like it so I'm probably going to upload it here, too, so might as well reveal some of it =P

photo IronThunder2_zps4d8d5b94.jpg

photo IronThunderPoster3_zpsd316720a.jpg

photo IronThunderPoster1_zps4d0208ae.jpg

photo IronThunderPoster2_zpseaf16229.jpg
    Quite possibly the best immelman I've seen. The shaping is spot on. I shall, however, reserve judgement on the rest of the ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2014

Seems promising. I look forward to seeing more !
    I'm disappointed archy.... it's an immelman :P
    And as for shaping it looks good from the angles shown (maybe a side view would be fitting to decide if it's up to par though) except for the start of the roll...... it should start a couple meters later in the immelman... otherwise it all looks pretty solid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2014

The zero g roll looks lower than comparable ones, but the exit is what makes this one really special for me.
    ^I agree, zero-g-rolls seem to peak at about half the height of a preceding vertical loop, as far as I've observed. However, yours is very close to that rough estimate so I am not worried.

I agree with archy, the immelman looks really good! As with your loop and wingover, from what we've been shown. Nicely done, and it's good to see some designs from you :)
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2014 edited

I actually like all of the layout I can see so far. Not every coaster has to abide by strict standards set by IRL ones, in my opinion, since I'm sure some B&M's don't abide by previous B&M's standards, if you know what I mean. After that run-on though, I'm wondering what comes before that immelman. I'm hoping it's the initial drop, because if so that'd be cool, however I feel like the pre-drop may be a little too drawn out. However, that's up to you. I love the shaping on everything, the immelman is literally the best I've seen. I'll be keeping up with this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGerstlCrazy
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2014 edited

I'm glad you guys like it! The zero-g roll is indeed very low and more intense than others, but that was prudent to my goal with this layout. I wanted to make an invert that was similar to Nemesis in certain ways, but also brought forth some of the contemporary B&M invert stylings; more gradual loop, smoother and more graceful inversions. But I made sure to keep some classic B&M characteristics; the pre-drop, the inclusion of an MCBR, terrain-oriented drops, and most importantly, the classic shaping style for the inversions (except for maybe the zero -g). Referencing Banshee, the inverted dive loop and Immelman definitely have different shaping. It's a more gradual rotation which finishes earlier than traditional shaping. I like it. But I like the Montu/Alpengeist Immelmans better. Also, watch the POV if you need reminding, but the Nemesis zero-g roll is STUPID INSANE.

photo IronThunderPoster6_zps1d5f735e.jpg

photo IronThunderPoster7_zps0f4bad67.jpg

photo IronThunderPoster8_zpsa8d3d6d4.jpg

***previous shots***

photo IronThunderPoster4_zps8ebf0f91.jpg

photo IronThunder3_zpsaaca4a98.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2014

This is very good! The immelman shaping is very good. I'm not so sure about the Zero G. I don't have any problem with it being low, fast and intense (in fact I prefer those Zero G rolls) , but with it finishing the roll without doing a complete rotation. While Hulk does the same, in the Inverteds I've seen with it feels weird. I'd make the element taller, and making the turn to the left until you get the banking to the point you want. (more than 360 degrees instead of less. But if you think it rides fine, leave it. Maybe is just me. Nice work anyway.
    Good to see you here GerstlCrazy! I like the unique styles that you're going for on this one. The zero-G is low but it looks very convincing. I can see your idea for going with a faster, yet still post-2010 smooth B&M invert. It definitely looks like you're using lots of momentum and good rolls to aid the progression of the ride.

The bit going out of the MCBR on your 2nd and 3rd pictures looks really drawn out though. I think this could create a dull spot on your ride, and if you have the train parked on that block brake due to stacking, you'll have a bad time trying to get it to roll off that. It just seems so drawn out. If you could thread the loop or just bring it in more, it'd help a lot I think.

Other than that, the rest is looking pretty good.
    Iridium. What do they need the iridium for?

Looking good! Can't wait to see more.