Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthortthomas
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2014 edited

Hello everyone! This is the rebirth of my old NL1 monster of an invert that featured a wingrider-like drop. I really loved the concept, but the ride was too large. This new iteration is a much smaller and compact invert with forceful elements. Here are some shots! Tell me what you think along the lines of shaping etc.

The pre-lift.

The forceful turn immediately after the loop, into the zero g roll.

Profile of the loop and drop.

Another angle on the zero g.

Comments and criticisms are appreciated!

Also go and check out Lost Islands!

http://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/lost-islands/7921
    • CommentAuthortthomas
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2014 edited

Here are more pictures of the progress I have made on the layout.

• CommentAuthortthomas
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2014 edited

Sorry for the triple post, but nobody seems to be showing any interest!

I have revised the layout, replacing the helix with an overbank. Everything is the same up to the pretzel knot. The overbank is followed by the same low to the ground turns as the previous layout, then into a wingover, airtime hill, turn, and brake.

Here are some pictures!

(Environment is from Kyle Sloane's Heretic. Just using the environment to make the ride look nice b/c his environment is amazing)
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2014

Looks nice. Except the pre drop. Can't you make it a bit shorter? From what I can see shaping looks fine, I'm liking that overbank in the second pic.
    • CommentAuthortthomas
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2014

Thank you! I really prefer the overbank over the helix. It evens out the intensity of the elements. The predrop is intentional. I wanted to build anticipation for the drop.
    • CommentAuthortthomas
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2014

More progress on the ride! I have started making the supports.

Comment what you think!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDonidia

Looks a bit over support on the turn after the loop. Also the 0 G roll supports look a bit wrong, Try looking at some more Invert's to see how their supports are done.
    • CommentAuthortthomas
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2014 edited

I based the supports after the helix on Talon. I am going to re-position the zero g rolls.

Edit:

I changed the zero g supports. My question is, is the middle support needed? I've seen some with and some without.
    For your situation, It most likely wouldn't matter aesthetically wise, but I think that you should remove it and exchange it for beefier vertical support beams (the supports holding up the zero-g-roll). The middle support beam seems to most likely be used more on an invert that has a prolonged, elegant roll rotation such as Phaethon versus a invert that has a quick and snappy rotation (e.g Katun, Batman models).
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Actually, the Batman clones have the support in the center. I think it depends at this point on which looks better aesthetically.
    • CommentAuthortthomas
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2014

Supports are finished!

•  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2014

I love this ride, it gives me a batman vibe with the colors.
    I like everything except for the switch tracks placement, the shaping of the over bank, and th two flat turns after ward. I'm sure the falt turns are fun onride, but from an aesthetics stand point it's not good.
    • CommentAuthortthomas
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2014 edited

@1blueshe- Thanks! I guess it does have a batman feel. It is fairly compact and intense.

@Ajax_Coasters - What about the overbank seems off? I am too far into the project to change it, but I would still like to hear your feedback. Same with the switchback. For the turns, I wasn't really going for aesthetics, rather the on ride experience. The only intentional aesthetic aspect is the smaller turn is (somewhat) tucked into the larger turn.
    • CommentAuthortthomas
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2014

Progress!

I have done some work on the surrounding area! I imported a roof/queue I created for a previous NL1 ride, and made some heavy modifications. I still have a lot to finish, such as railings for the ramps. Here are some picures!

Comments and criticisms are appreciated!
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

I'm falling in love with this ride, I love the queue to :D. Maybe add some mountains/hills around the ride so its not so flat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

Wow the queue is amazing. How did you make it? Also, I love the overbank :)
    • CommentAuthortthomas

@1blueshe- I felt like the environment was a little flat too. I will add some rolling hills in the background to make it more interesting. Also, I am glad you like it! It is definitely a fun project!

@ggddffhh- The queue/station are completely made out of supports. The queue and most of the roof were made in NL1, as they were part of a previous creation; however, I have modified them to fit this ride. The base of the station is done in NL2 as well as the ramps.
    • CommentAuthortthomas
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2014 edited

I have finished a majority of the station area and queue. All that is left are the paths leading to the ride and some minor tweaks.

•  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2014

I can see you added some little hills around the ride. while there not much it dose make a big difference :D. Not sure if you mentioned this before but dose the ride have a theme yet? I could definitely see it being themed to a animal of some sort.
    • CommentAuthortthomas
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2014 edited

No the ride does not have a theme or name yet. If you have any suggestions I would live to hear them!
    • CommentAuthortthomas
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2014

Harrier is here!

Go and check it out!

Please don't be afraid to drop a comment and rate! It is much appreciated!

http://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/harrier/8030
    • CommentAuthorElvenage

Downloaded and rode! Very impressed at first glance. I'll try and drop you a rate this week :)
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

defiantly gonna download and rate when I get some time. I'm really happy with the theme you went with, I think it fits it really nicely :D