Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

What's everyone's favorite roller coaster manufacturer? Mine has to be B&M, they might not make the most wild rides, but their prestigious approach to roller coasters is really inspiring.

Vote here: http://strawpoll.me/1804795
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2014

I'm gonna say this here because I cant in the poll but I am tied between Intamin and premier rides. If I had the choice to work at one I would choose intamin so that's what I put in the poll
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I will have to say B&M. Whilst the newer generation tend not to be as wild or indeed as strong force wise, I still believe that you get what you pay for. Their perfectionism is second to none and you get a better quality of ride. Aesthetically, they always look gorgeous regardless of color scheme, themeing, location etc.

When faced with the coaster in real life, B&M always give me much more excitement pre-ride than any other manufacturer. Even the smaller coasters like Dæmonen and Krake look far more intimidating than their bigger and faster counterparts by other manufacturers.

And of course the old-gen B&M coasters are nothing shorter than classics.
    I think it would be Mack. They have a wide assortment of roller coasters, from kiddie coasters to family rides to large thrills. Just take a look at how many unique rides there are at Europa Park! They also all seem to be very fun and reliable roller coasters.
    • CommentAuthorAyTrane

I agree with Mack Rides, they make some fantastic rides no matter what the category is. They have some cutting edge designs in all of their models; you are also going to see some neat stuff down the road too...
    i think im the only person in the world that doesnt like MACK rides, i dont like helix, it looks and IS force-less and supports are ugly as hell!

B&M older generation of coasters i LOVE for the machinery look they have to them, not the shiny pretty things they make now.

at the minute my favorite manufacturer is Gerstlauer, the smiler is GOD AWFUL it looks amazing, but its badly built and designed and is just way too bumpy for a modern coaster, but they are trying new things and i like that they can create coasters for small parks and still take on the challenge of alton towers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2014 edited

^I hate you, go burn in Hell :D, Helix is my soulmate.

I guess I like RMC at the moment, but they could do so much better if Six Flags stopped recruiting them as I hate Goliath with a burning passion and it looks like Premier is starting to become known for their Sky Scream/Superman clones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

I'll always go with Gerstlauer, a reason isn't needed
    i would say B&M with all of the reasons that UncleArly stated.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

I picked Intamin, because even though they haven't really put out much new stuff the past few years, I love their shaping, whether it be old circle-based S:ROS shaping or their new crazy Kanonen shaping. They have so many weird quirks in their banking and track design that I just love, and that added to their beautiful track design, supporting, and just the sheer variety of elements that they seem to do makes them top-of-the-line for me.

On the topic of RMC - I think they're cool, but really feel like a steel coaster in a wooden coaster's body. Goliath is cool, but I hate the lift hill support structure and the concept of the 'inverted air hill', although the shaping on the overbanks is jawdroppingly original, and will probably end up as one of my favorite elements ever.

Intamin all the way for me. Every single ride they make has something unique about it (Almost) and are the smoothest coasters out there.

Premier Rides; always loved their unique style from their earlier LIM coasters to their more recent coasters like Full Throttle.
    Custom Coasters
    I'd have never guessed freddie
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2014

Hmmm lets see.... favorite wood coaster is El Toro, favorite steel coaster is Storm Runner. Yes, I think Intamin wins this one for me!

Posted By: bigjoe97
    On the topic of RMC - I think they're cool, but really feel like a steel coaster in a wooden coaster's body. Goliath is cool, but I hate the lift hill support structure and the concept of the 'inverted air hill', although the shaping on the overbanks is jawdroppingly original, and will probably end up as one of my favorite elements ever.

I feel completely opposite, I love the lifthill support structure and the inverted hill also looks really cool. I do admit that I would like to see more traditional, strong ejector hills in their coasters, as at the moment they seem to have to put a twist into almost everything. Still, their rides looks absolutely fantastic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHLcoasters

Mack is in my opinion the best coaster manufacturer, just because they are so smooth and love the shaping and awesome great look of everything !
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

My favourite manufacturer is pretty much a tie between B&M and Mack Rides (GCI is a good bet for place #3). B&M coasters show so much elegance and beauty (I also like the direction in which they have been going for the past years) while Mack Rides delivers a huge variety of coaster types.

I may be a little biased though since my obsession of (riding) coasters started at Europa-Park back in 2008 (this could actually be exactly 6 years to the day if I remember correctly) ... :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorknexrule11

I'd have to go with Intamin with B&M as a close second. 7 of my top 10 are Intamin, while the other three are B&M (#1: Mav, #2: Tatsu). The thing I like about Intamin is they are always pushing the bar and trying unique things. In my opinion Intamin does a great job at making thrilling and unique coasters, while B&M is better and making elegant, fun, and reliable rides.
    B&M simply because inverted coasters and flying coasters are the most beautiful, and most fun to ride, coasters I've ever seen.

I do like S&S(&S)'s new launch coasters. They're pretty cool looking.

On the topic of RMC. I, too, love the lift support structure, and unlike big joe, I love the idea of a hang time hill. I wasn't sold on it's ride-ability initially, however I still loved the look if it, until I ride full throttle yesterday. Hang time is great, and should happen more often.

Intamin would probably be up there if I had more experience with them. However maverick and millennium force did not disappoint when I ride them last year. They surpassed expectations that were already hyped up.

I always had a soft spot for premiers lim launched spaghetti bowls. Really cool layouts, and very interesting spectacles too.

When it comes to wooden coasters, I think GCI is my favorite. I love the shaping they have. Their rides are small but really a wild ride! However, Beast is my favorite woodie.

I really don't think I can make a valid judgement of what company is the best though, I simply haven't had enough experience with some big companies, and NO experience in others. But with the information I have I'm gonna say B&M
    I decided to go for gravity group. Though I've only been of The Voyage, their other coasters look so awesome. Wooden Warrior and Raur O Saurus are fairly small compact woodies that people just love to ride, the airtime on GG's are awesome to me. Let's not forget they are the only company other than RMC to attempt an inversion on a woody(SoB is dead, so that doesn't count anymore). Their rides are only getting better and they've already got an impressive line-up. Zippin Pippen, Dauling Dragon w/ the High-Five element, Ravine Flyer II, and Wooden Coaster -Fireball among others. They get my vote for sure.

We all love either B&M or Intamin coasters, so by voting for them is already flawed since that's what the majority loves. RMC is still fairly new in the game, and yes they've created some awesome contraptions; but will their trending streak continue or will they end up like GCII. Honestly people rarely even mention them anymore, since they're being out shadowed by RMC. Than there's Zierer, Gerstlauer, and Vekoma; who've made some good stuff, but they are mostly smaller sized stuff that gets cloned a bunch. Premier's really coming out a rather long Hiatus with these new launch coasters, but like I said they've been out of the picture for a while. S&S really is more interested in working with Asian countries as they are half owned by them, and USA isn't looking to them at all. Mack is doing fantastic making their own rides for Europa Park, but when will they finally come to the US so the rest of the world can experience them.The rest are just eh to me. This my opinion on the matter.
    • CommentAuthorPePpO
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2014

I think the result is strange in my opinion.
    mack? gerstlauer? premier rides? why? 1-3 better coasters?
    that intamin and b&m are at the top is ok.(even if some people here say intamin build smooth coasters :D )
    but what is with vekoma and s&s(arrow)?
    and where is schwarzkopf?

think about the classics!
    • CommentAuthorsolomon123
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2014

I dont know why but i love VEKOMA
    Intamin.
    They have the largest range of coasters and are in my opinion, the best.
    B and M are nice and smooth, but not very exciting. Intamin has the launch down. And they made my two favorite coasters: TTD, and Millenium Force.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2014 edited

For me, it's a tie between Arrow Dynamics (gotta love the classics man!) and B&M. I have yet to ride an Intamin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

S&S, Preimer, Intamin, I chose Premier for poll but I'm tied with them all, only manufacturers making new interesting rides that aren't weak and forceless(I'm talking about rides meant to be intense, not something built for the family.)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

TOGO!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

^Really? Huh, never would have seen THAT coming in a million years.
    • CommentAuthorsalomo

I like all coaster manufacturers. :)

OK not all there are some manufacturers which make OUUUUUUTCHHHHH coasters and i don't like OUUUUUUTCHHHH coasters:(
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2014

The knock off companies are the best
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2014

I had a really tough time deciding between Intamin and B&M. I haven't ridden as many B&M coasters as I have Intamin, and currently my favorite coaster is an Intamin (Skyrush). I know from a reliability point, B&M would be the winner no doubt, but Intamins aren't nearly as bad as people make them out to be. Because of personal experience I went with Intamin, but that could change depending on if I get to travel and ride more B&M coasters.