Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hello people. I don't even know where to start. This is an ongoing project I have for a park called Nordland. There will be at the very least 5 roller coasters and all kinds of other things in it. I already have 1 ride complete: Fenrir.

photo Preview1a_zps75e30097.png
     photo Preview2a_zps863f072a.png
     photo Preview3a_zpsdb285ea5.png

It features a trek through isolated woods and a beautiful ride with all scenery being made out of supports. I am following the same principle for my next addition to the park: Valkyrie.

All of the transfer segments needed custom catwalks and I was more than happy to oblige.

photo screenshot-2014-06-07-13-54-57_zps4b60cc7a.png
     photo screenshot-2014-06-06-16-39-35_zps6a3d5268.png
     photo screenshot-2014-06-06-16-39-45_zps25976a69.png

I made the shop a little "footchopper" and it works wonderfully.

photo screenshot-2014-06-05-16-49-44_zps31bf9b3b.png

Here is the onride camera. It will be feeding into the shop as it should.

photo screenshot-2014-06-05-16-49-20_zps62259a56.png
    Here are some trackwork shots
     photo screenshot-2014-06-07-20-02-59_zpsda301b79.png
     photo screenshot-2014-06-07-20-03-21_zpsa9e48059.png
     photo screenshot-2014-06-07-20-04-16_zps7ce121d8.png
     photo screenshot-2014-06-07-20-06-48_zps04b36bcf.png
     photo screenshot-2014-06-07-20-07-28_zps802c1081.png

And finally some lift detail (all supports of course)

photo screenshot-2014-05-05-23-35-30_zpsb720fba1.png
     photo screenshot-2014-05-05-23-35-19_zps35e2b9ff.png
     photo screenshot-2014-05-05-23-35-55_zpsf0535ff9.png
     photo screenshot-2014-05-05-23-35-07_zps0dab7cc4.png
     photo screenshot-2014-05-06-14-55-16_zps9757771f.png

There is a long list of things that I have yet to add to the park, but they will all come in good time. I am sorry for being so pic heavy, but this is not only the first time even mentioning this project on NLE but the first time I've posted something. There are more updates to come in the future, but I'd love to know what you guys think. Thoughts, Comments, Concerns, and Suggestions are always encouraged and appreciated.

EDIT: Also, sorry for double post, but I couldn't fit the two together (too many characters)
    • CommentAuthorMGCD
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2014

Holy crap I am absolutely envious of your custom support concepts! That lift detail is incredible man! Please show us more!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Those support details are simply incredible. Fantastic job!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Nice to see this coaster here too. Looks amazing, as always.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2014 edited

I've seen the time lapse video of Fenrir before. I can spot some amazing details made of supports, those technicality on Valkyrie is fascinating. Great work, keep going!
    For those of you who may have missed it, here is the timelapse video that baadrix mentioned. It features my entire building process for the first ride in the park: Fenrir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IlLkenX7tM
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2014

fenrir was a really great ride, especially the beginning. i like your layout style, this new flyer looks to impress in the same fashion.
    alright guys, who's ready for a Zamperla Zig Zag model recreation? :)

• CommentAuthorForceWorks
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2014

Is this all in the same park with Fenrir and that awesome looking flyer?
    and the support work on the Zamperla is AWESOME!
    Yes it is. This is a massive project that will not only include 6-7 coasters but also a flume ride, multiple custom flats, restrooms, restaurants, tables, benches, the whole works. I will be uploading multiple versions of the park for those who cannot handle the massive park. Thank you for the comment on the Zamperla :) I had to create a few whole segments of track out of supports. Not the most simple of tasks lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2014

I think I saw a twitch where you were working on that Zamperla, and I have to agree the support-work is just incredible!
    :O dem supports doe! can you teach me? :P
    lol how do you propose I do that? I'd be down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2014

http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=3584&page=1#Item_48

Host another one! Id watch.
    haha im kidding :P this is amazing attention to detail though! who is it that hosts the tutorial things?
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2014

I don't know who approves/advertises them, but anybody can host a class about anything.
    I was the one who started the class things. What I look for is if someone has very good knowledge of what they want to teach. If you think you'd be a good fit whisper to me in the classes topic.

Thank you for the kind words :) I went overboard with support scenery in NL1.x and I absolutely plan to go way over the top with NL2 as well lol :D
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Turbo, have you seen my Jamp Up Land park? It has a ton of stuff made from supports so far.
    I have seen it, but that's not what this topic is about.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I really did think of you and your Nordland when I was working on my park with support made buildings, chairs,and lots of other stuff.
    :) That means a lot
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2014

Fantastic work on the lift motor for the flyer. really spot on and the supports are just as good.

Just curious though on that last picture of the zig-zag coaster, why does it look like its missing a rail in the section just above the station?
    I'm still in the process of making the ride. for that piece I still need to make the rails and I still need to make track for another 2 sections of the ride. I also need to make more supports and the paths and mechanical buildings and such before I can call this ride complete lol
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2014

So this tells me that, you make the invisible and are making your own track pieces? that's pretty cool for an idea.
    yeah all of the custom track pieces are made of supports.
    Gots a tiny update for you guys. Below is a complete ride list. I'd say I'm maybe 15% done with this project probably less.

Here is the current coaster list:

Aesir - Century Out And Back Woodie (Early Construction)
    Dvergrfell - Mine Train (Early Construction)
    Fenrir - Intamin Accelerator (finished and placed)
    Surtr - tba (Planning)
    Valkyrie - B&M Flyer (finished and placed)
    Warrior - Kiddie Spinner (finished and placed)
    Yggdrasil - Zamperla Zig Zag (Late Construction)

And now the flat and water ride list:

Bifrost - S&S Space Shot (24m) (finished and placed)
    Jormungandr - Zamperla Disko (Early Construction)
    Mjolnir - Zamperla Hawk (Early Construction)
    Snekkja - Log Flume (Under Construction)
    Skal - Tea Cups (Under Construction)

More flats will be added however I think I've reached the limit on what I want for coasters. For those of you who are curious about the status and specs of Surtr please feel free to speculate below :) I'll release some info on Surtr on Thursday evening and more as time goes on but as of now no official info has been released. Though I'll give some hints as to what it is as the days go on:

With the swing of his sword the mighty Surtr snaps trees with unrelenting force leaving nothing but smoldering ash.
    Posted By: Brett-Jones:O dem supports doe! can you teach me? :P

OMG did I just read that Brett-Jones want to be TAUGHT by Turbo?! THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!
    ive yet to complete a single coaster in NL2 im too busy with work at the minute, so dont even have the time to make support stuff at the moment... :/
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014 edited

Will Surtr be a huge dueling RMC topper track/Iron Horse coaster? Like Twisted Colossus?

"Surtr warned of his "second" coming with not one but "two destructive feuds"
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014

Dueling coaster perhaps?
    TOGO was quoting a post I made on another site, this is what I posted and I was actually just about to post it here anyway: ...

The park has released a statement about the last ride to be added before opening. For one they said that the park is still under heavy construction and will not open for the foreseeable future however they are hoping for 2015. They also said:

"We are very pleased to announce at least the name of the ride Surtr. It will be a great pleasure to ride this once complete. We don't want it simply hanging from trees this time, we wanted something new. Something fresh."

That's all the PR person would say but the park did release yet another riddle:

Banished to solitude for the destruction of man the mighty Surtr warned of his second coming with not one but two destructive feuds in eyeshot of the Aesir.
    It's been a while since I've updated this so why not :D

Every coaster has now completed trackwork, the minetrain and mack launch are still heavily under construction. A few more things to note is that I hope to have fully functional flat rides and even a log flume, if anyone wants to help with that I'm all ears :)

Lots of pics inbound! Starting with Yggdrasil

Here's the flyer Valkyrie

You can still see parts of Fenrir tucked away back there :)

The park itself will look beautiful when I'm done with all the rides, scenery, and atmosphere that I hope to achieve.

The beginning part of Surtr (mack) that surrounds Bifrost and a little peek at Aesir

Speaking of Aesir (with the minetrain in the back, still haven't worked out its finish yet.)

Here is Dvergrfell, the mine train that has been sitting unfinished for wayyy too long lol. I know how I want to end it but logistically it makes no sense haha. I'll find some way :) Btw the truss is the second lift with a few little surprises built into it

Another shot of Surtr, man this thing is massive!

And finally a few of the things that'll be spread throughout the park.

^Been a long time since you last posted about this park! Lol. The coasters look amazing. Hope you release it soon!

(For all you ppl thinking I bumped this thread I posted this comment a day after the update above me :P)
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2015

that wild mouse looks better than any other I've seen in nl2 so far, and I love the classic woodie. everything else looks fantastic as well
    NOT DEAD! It's been a while! I did a lot in my free time though with my career jumping off, getting engaged and looking at houses I've had less and less time to actually build this. Lately the park has been undergoing small changes and optimizations but that also means more scenery has shown up!

Firstly this new flat has shown its face :)

Gotta have comfy seating all the way to the front gates!

Welcome to Nordland! This is the entrance to the park along with the customer service building.

As you can see I got a lot of supporting done on Surtr as well as adding the main eatery area for the park. I really made use of the tables in the last update here as well as the other building!

Taking a look inside the main food kitchen

Taking a look inside the inside! Insideception!

And the most recent addition were the completion of Dwarf Mountains (Dvergrfell's) tunnel systems!

Still a lot to do and a lot to add and change. I currently have no idea how long this project will take to complete at this point but I am expecting somewhere in 2016. Gotta keep up with all the new things I can do haha.

As always thoughts, concerns, criticism and questions are always welcomed and appreciated!

- Seth
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2015

That soda machine O_O what sorcery is this
    The amount of patience you have with the support structures is astounding. Supporting is by far my least favorite part about my NL projects... Props to you man!
    •  
      CommentAuthor6FlagsManiac
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2015 edited

Very impressive work on those supports, at what point is it just you being stubborn not using 3ds? :p

Could we get some more shots of that Intamin? It looks really interesting and i'd love to take a look at the shaping.
    Posted By: 6FlagsManiacCould we get some more shots of that Intamin? It looks really interesting and i'd love to take a look at the shaping.
    Do you mean Fenrir? The brown accelerator coaster? Or the one with the black track? Because it is my understanding that the black coaster is called Surtr and is a Mack. But I may totally be wrong haha
    Yes Surtr of course
    Mack shaping was awful to get right. After looking at the shaping of Helix as the main inspiration getting things in order while hand building was difficult especially on the "tophat". What would you like to see in particular?

Posted By: 6FlagsManiacVery impressive work on those supports, at what point is it just you being stubborn not using 3ds? :p
    Oh it's all me being stubborn. But with that said the supports reduce lag much more than even the most optimized 3DS do. Where I can put supports I will.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2015

But the Disk'o is 3D. :(

Nah, great job, and I can't wait to see the flume!
    ^Actually, you can tell it's supports.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2015

I don't know, it seems like there's a texture on it (tiny bolts?). But if it's supports wow!
    The disko structure is ALL supports. Took a while to get all those track seps and extra details in :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2015

*faints*

What are the tiny bolts, though?
    Shadow bugs
    This project got the axe. It's been sitting for so long and I cannot bring myself to work on it more. If anyone wants the file let me know. Thank you for the support.
    I want the file...