Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2014 edited

Branching out of an idea sparked in the "Show your 3D Models" thread, it seems like there is enough interest to work on planning an actual trip to SFMM.

So, who's up for a day at a park with 19 coasters? I have some weekdays off from work coming up on June 23 and 25 that would work and have a potential for slightly smaller crowds. What works for other folks? Would a weekend be better?

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2014

I would be down to go I live 15 minutes away from the park lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy

I can go most any weekend. I'm gonna be fairly busy during week days for the majority of the summer.
    • CommentAuthorA113

Weekend definitely, I work 8-5 weekdays.

also, need a ride lol
    Well I'd love to go to SFMM but there's one minor little issue, I live in NY ;) hahaha...
    But on the note of park visits, I'm going to be at CP June 30th and then KI July 1st so if anyone feels like tagging along and being a third wheel or whatever, haha, I'm down :P
    This is basically my re-trip to CP since I was there the Saturday the water main stuff went down... a bunch of my friends won't be going and they're honouring all tickets from that day so I should be able to get 4 or so tickets free or alot cheaper than what general admission is!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Can you pay for my airfare from CT to CA :3
    • CommentAuthorSpike

I work full time every night with sporadic nights off here and there.

Like Tom, I'm also off work on Monday and Wednesday next week if anyone is available those days (23rd and 25th). Passholders also get a free friend pass for weekdays this month, and I've yet to use mine, so I could theoretically take a non-passholder this week too.

If no one other than ride_op and I can make it this week, I should be able to get a night off work on a weekend when everyone can make it out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Posted By: SpikeI could theoretically take a non-passholder this week too.

Take me with you!
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

I have a gold pass so I can get in 30 minutes early. I will be shadowing a engineer next year at the park through a program that my school offers so hopefully will get to go to the park for free in 2015.
    • CommentAuthorA113

>non passholders for free on weekdays

aw man, if only I had a day off from work

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to do anything this week, it's going to have to be a weekend.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

My day job sucks and I won't have a weekend off for a bit. However later in July I'll switch to a Monday to Friday schedule which will free up all of my weekends.

If anyone else is down to go on the 25th I'm in. If not we can wait for a bigger crowd and put together a better planned event for a bit later in July.

-Ride_Op (also rocking a gold pass)
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

ride_op, I know you're an ACE member (correct me if I'm wrong) but were you at CoasterCon in NoCal? /offtopic

I'd most likely be able to make it, my schedule is pretty packed though. Would it be okay if a non NLE member tagged along too?
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

I'd love to take a day and go with you guys. I'm actually on vacation right now and I'd feel awful asking for another day off work when I got home. Like I said I'd still love to drive up from SD and meet y'all.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

Posted By: JAKool my schedule is pretty packed though.

what do you do besides sit at home and use NL2 Jake? lol
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Off-topic kinda, but anyone gonna be at CP the week of July 3rd? I'm there from sunday to sunday. I live in Delaware so there's not SFMM for me lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

I wasn't able to attend the Coaster Con this year. I was originally looking at the SFMM add on day this Saturday but then my day job work schedule changed and I couldn't make it.

How much longer left on your vacation Beatles?

-Ride_Op
    Lol so I attend the park way to much being only about 30 min away. Im down to plan an actual meet up day on any sunday (seems like it'd be the best for everyone and the crowds are fairly light...ish). Im going tomorrow tho for a few hours to ride X2 at opening and a couple others (opening is best time to go, especially utilizing the gold members early entry or discover card early entry) and then sunday to hurricane harbor/magic mountain. Im there pretty much every weekend so im up for whenever.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Posted By: monster14042Well I'd love to go to SFMM but there's one minor little issue, I live in NY ;) hahaha...

My issue's a little bit bigger than that. I live in Australia.. So i'm not even going to bother, lol.
    But for the sake of everyone who wants to go along, i hope you can all make this SFMM trip happen. Sounds like a fun idea, and i hope you all have a great day if it goes ahead. :)
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Posted By: ride_opHow much longer left on your vacation Beatles?

I come back Tuesday the 24th. I've already told my work I'll be ready to go back by the 25th, plus as a high schooler I need the money. Maybe in a week or two?
    • CommentAuthorA113

Sundays would work for me, andre
    I'm on vacation till July 1st... =( Oh well! Maybe I can make the next meetup
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Posted By: 1blueshewhat do you do besides sit at home and use NL2 Jake? lol

Have 3 full weeks of trips this summer. Including last week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

I'll swing by the mountain to cover the opening of the new Bugs Bunny World rides on Wednesday for ThrillNetwork. I'm still up for a full day and it looks like Sunday is getting the most interest from the crowd. July 13 should be good days for me. Not sure about the 4th of July weekend yet as plans are still in the air.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I could do it Sunday. Again I ask, is it okay if I brought a non NLE member with me?
    •  
      CommentAuthorstejorin
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2014

If it is ok with everyone else my schedule will fit August 3 at the earliest and then August 17 for the days I can go in August, at least on Sundays. If neither of these days are possible are we thinking this is a 1 time thing or could we do this somewhat often?
    • CommentAuthorSpike
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2014 edited

@JAKool I'm sure it's cool if you invite a friend along!

@Ride_Op I'll join you up at the mountain on Wednesday. What time are you thinking of going?

@stejorin It certainly seems like a number of us visit the park regularly. I'm actually very surprised at how many locals we have on the board! I could certainly see SFMM meet ups amongst members happening on a semi regular basis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2014

I'll be there at opening, or possibly before if they are letting media in sooner. The grand opening celebration is at 11 am. After I get the photos I need I'll be free to explore the rest of the park and get to other rides before big crowds show up.

And given that there are a number of us that visit the park and the number of times I've been there conducting "research", I'm surprised no one has spotted me yet!

-Ride_Op
    I can make the 13th! Do we have a defined date yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2014

To allow lots of time for planning and avoidance of the holiday weekend, shall we aim for Sunday, July 13th officially? All in favor?

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorSpike

Sounds good to me!
    • CommentAuthorA113

I'll look into it!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

When will we be meeting? Like at opening? I'd probably have to come a bit later in the day -maybe like 11:00 or 12:00- because I'm getting back the day before at 10:30 at night.
    hope you guys get lots of photos and do a full tpr.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

@JAKool: Ideally a bit before opening so we can beat the rush to the back of the park or other big ticket rides. Everyone runs to X2, Tatsu, or Full Throttle first. If you keep going past those rides you can pick up a bunch of stuff at the middle to back of the park before everyone else is out of line for the big ones in front. If you are arriving late we'll coordinate to let you know where the group is when you arrive.

For everyone else, it's official! Join your fellow NoLimits Coaster fans and a developer at SFMM on Sunday, July 13th, 10:30 am for coasters, fun, heat (boo!), and more!

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2014 edited

That sounds like a lot of fun!
    I wish I could join you, too bad I live an 11 hour flight away from SFMM ... ;)
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Haha ride_op, you don't have to lecture me about crowds at SFMM. I live 15 minutes away! I'll see if I can make it that early, I'll probably just be really tired.

Also, the best technique that I found, is rush to Orient Express (if it's operating) then go to Tatsu, there will be no line for it.
    • CommentAuthorA113

^ I've sprinted through the Revolution flash pass queue and around to get to the entrance plaza for Tatsu, not sure if that's more efficient
    •  
      CommentAuthorXpress

I think we should do another one in september/october time frames, the summer crowds are just far too immense to deal with for me, as is the heat in the summer months (not to mention I'm on vacation one week later which sucked my SFMM funds dry!).

I recall visiting in the beginning of September one time and I think I saw a total of 100 people there...
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2014

Off season is a brilliant time to go to SFMM, walk-ons on everything (sans Tatsu and X2). I think this could be intended to be a dry-run, for close people with season passes and free time, to see how we like each other and arrange future greets. That and do an official NLE Colossus marathon.
    Ill be there. I might put on a shirt that has tcm somewhere on it so younguys know who I am.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

ill defiantly be there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstejorin

Man I hope I can come. It would be cool to ride the coasters with everyone on the first meetup. We will have to wait on my schedule and see how it plays out.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

I'm interested to see how old/how people look on NLE. idk its just weird thinking of meeting people form NLE
    I'm only 14. Idk what the age range will be from tho I'd expect 14-18
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

If Codemaster is wearing a T-shirt, I'll be wearing a pair of Full Throttle glasses. If I can stand to be seen in them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

TCM, I'm surprised that you can make it! Judging by the accent I has assumed you weren't exactly a local.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorSpike

Same here! I'm very pleasantly surprised at how many people on here are local, I was sure it was just a few of us.
    @TCM: I think most of the people meeting up are in their twentys... At least some are. Wish I could make it! :( if anyone's in Utah maybe a lagoon trip? Haha doubt there's too many Utahns here :/
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

see I told you code :|
    In that case I probably can go. But I may have to bring a parent.