Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2014 edited

Hello everybody!

I've long had a park on RCT3 called Elmwood Lake Adventure Park and always had many ideas that I never built because of RCT3's limitations. However I am now going to try and build some of my ideas in NoLimits 2 in a sort of 'Mini' version of the big park I have in RCT3. To start off, I've had the idea for a while to create a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster (have I ever mentioned that I love the design of them, even though only two have been built so far) with a general idea of squeezing a large layout into a small space (ala The Smiler) and to generally have large scale roller coaster that would be nice and forceful. Hence was born, Whirlwind. Whirlwind will be themed to a tornado that is making its way through a rural village. The ride will be in the same area as another ride which will be called Maelstrom (although I have yet to decide what type of ride that will be, and it has to be built). This is going to be a big project for me, both time wise and 3D object creating wise as I'm still very much of a novice and I cannot guarantee when updates will be.

Anyway, onto the pictures of Whirlwind. Also to note, my Intamin Blitz ride, Hellion, will also be transferred to this park however I am restarting the 3D scenery for that ride as it was to high poly. :P

(Oh, and yes, the anti-rollback magnetic fins DO move and retract as the train passes them! I'll try and get a video up of them in action soon. ;P )

Until next time. :)

JAMMYD778
    i REALLY want an infinity coaster trainnnn!!! this looks amazing so far :D
    That kicks ass.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2014

As promised, here is a little video teaser for the ride. If all goes to plan, I would like to release the different areas of the park as separate downloads as I feel the whole park would just be too massive for most users. But as said, that is a long way off yet. :P

Whirlwind Update Video 1

Posted By: Brett-Jonesi REALLY want an infinity coaster trainnnn!!! this looks amazing so far :D

I know, so do I. I really hope one is in the making for the next major update as it is a pain having to work with two tracks. Also, thanks :D

Posted By: TheBeatlesThat kicks ass.

Thank you indeed. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2014

Hi everyone! Update time again!

I've finally finished the supports for Whirlwind and due to the ride being on several levels of a tricky landscape, I found it quite a challenge to make some very believable, Gerstlauer-ish supports however I feel I have achieved the look I was going for. Now that the supports are finished I can start thinking about making 3D scenery, however I may also start on this areas other coaster, Maelstrom which will most likely be a spinning coaster. As for now, here are pictures of the finished supports on Whirlwind.

As always, feedback is appreciated. :)

Thanks again.

JAMMYD778
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014

How many inversions are on the ride?
    ^ Count them? 6 I believe.

Wow, what a beautiful ride. The layout is so well balanced and visually appealing. The almost completely unobstructed loop in the center framed by the first drop and the dive loop really sells this ride visually. Stunning work. I especially love how the last part of the ride stays relatively low to the ground staying out of the way of the rest of the ride and creating a nice bookend too it along with the entrance into the MCBR as the other bookend. You actually managed to make that vertical lift into the first drop look good.

Edit: I just watched the video and I'm a little worried at how sluggish the trains move through the inversions. I'd suggest seeing if there is a way to keep speed up a little more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2014

Posted By: ParadoxHow many inversions are on the ride?

There are six inversions on Whirlwind! Not too many and not too few I hope! ;)

Posted By: andreizsmart^ Count them? 6 I believe.

Wow, what a beautiful ride. The layout is so well balanced and visually appealing. The almost completely unobstructed loop in the center framed by the first drop and the dive loop really sells this ride visually. Stunning work. I especially love how the last part of the ride stays relatively low to the ground staying out of the way of the rest of the ride and creating a nice bookend too it along with the entrance into the MCBR as the other bookend. You actually managed to make that vertical lift into the first drop look good.

Edit: I just watched the video and I'm a little worried at how sluggish the trains move through the inversions. I'd suggest seeing if there is a way to keep speed up a little more.

Thank you for the kind words. I kind of wanted the ride to have some sort of symmetry with the loop being the centrepiece so I am glad that this has been conveyed. Also, yes, I am going to have a mess around with the friction settings to try and sort the speed out. :)

With regards to the project at the moment, I haven't really had much time to work on it lately however have recently started work on a Gerstlauer Spinning coaster (all the Gerstlauers :P) that will accompany Whirlwind in the same area, most likely going to be called Maelstrom. I hope to update you soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2014

Time for another update.

The photos below show the work I have done on this project lately which include the queue area for Whirlwind, the new Gerstlauer Spinning Coaster, Maelstrom, as well as area layouts and fencing that will create this area of the park themed to natures destructive power; hence the names Whirlwind and Maelstrom. Also shown is introduction of a bridge/headchopper that will serve as the entrance to the area.

Feedback is appreciated and hopefully I'll have more time soon to add more.

• CommentAuthorMilBee
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2014

Whirlwind looks awesome and so does the queue line! Can't wait to see more updates. Are you going to add any 3D's or just use supports to build everything?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2014

Posted By: MilBeeWhirlwind looks awesome and so does the queue line! Can't wait to see more updates. Are you going to add any 3D's or just use supports to build everything?

Thanks! I am going to be adding some of my own 3DS models around the area as well as some more objects made with supports. Also, I have decided that I am going to use some models from the 3D Warehouse for Trimble SketchUp (with credit given to the creators obviously, even though the license for reuse is attribution free) simply because I feel that if I rely solely on creating my own models I will lose motivation for the project and it will simply take too long and will not be completely. I hope this decision does not down rate the park too much but I'm sure people can understand why. I'd rather have this be released to a high standard with models that may not all be mine, than for it to constantly get delayed. Besides, I'm focusing mainly on the detail and level of realism that the rides and layouts have.

After a break from NoLimits 2, and a trip to Liseberg to ride Helix (amazing btw), I'm glad to be working on this project again and at a faster rate. The video below shows some new features, scenery and overviews of the first area of this park; as well as showcasing the amazing flat rides that MGRides has created so many thanks to him. The area has 4 rides and has a theme that depicts that almighty power of nature. I currently do not have a name for the area so feel free to leave suggestions. There's still some way to go before this can be released but I'm very much looking forward to seeing many other areas combine to make this massive park.

Area Update Video

Thanks for checking out this project. :)
    Love the ride! Btw, I feel very offended asking this question, but what happened to your Smiler recreation?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2014

It got corrected.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2014 edited

Posted By: toiletalker26Love the ride! Btw, I feel very offended asking this question, but what happened to your Smiler recreation?

Hi there! Thanks for the comment! I'm pleased to say that The Smiler Recreation is still ongoing and I will be sure to post an update soon. However bear in mind that a download of any sorts is not in the near future. :)

WHIRLWIND BETA RELEASE

As I'm nearing completion on my Whirlwind coaster I wanted to offer a beta download for the ride. Please bear in mind that the surrounding rides are not finished and there are also a few minor details still to add to Whirlwind. However, I wanted to get feedback so far so please download and leave feedback to make this area even better. Many Thanks!

WHIRLWIND BETA

:)

Music is by Kevin MacLeod under Attribution 3.0. (incompetech.com)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2014

The first area of Elmwood Lake Adventure Park, Storm Valley, is now released on the exchange!

Go and download now! Now to start on the next area! :D

Storm Valley - Elmwood Lake Adventure Park
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778

Sorry for the triple post but work has commenced on the next area.

photo screenshot-2014-11-10-20-00-22_zpsa6c64d67.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Yay someone is finally making a powered coaster!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart

POWERED COASTER! YES! I've been waiting for someone to do this!
    • CommentAuthorconferter
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2014

WAUW, a powered finally!! is it al in the same park file?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014

So I think you need to fix something with the lights as before the lights went on I was running about 20-30 FPS, but then after it dropped to 1 and my game froze.
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2014

Yes,.. finally! Great work so far!

...better than the unfinished, i did a while ago.

I especially like the detail! I´m excited how the train will look like :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2014

@TDeHart: Haha, thanks! However, I'm sad to say that the Powered coaster is on hold, I've had a change of heart for the next area, although the powered is still going to be added.

@conferter: I will be releasing each area separately to start with due to file size, I may look at combining them all when finished.

@Paradox: Unfortunately this is a problem with NL2, night time lights just cause the simulation to lag out, in a future update I may turn them off. :-)

@MGRides: Thanks. That is a SUPERB train model, can I borrow it *wink, wink*. :-P

Hey everyone, so as mentioned, the powered coaster and that area is on hold while I jump on the bandwagon with a wing coaster. However, I've had this idea for this specific theme and layout of a wing coaster for about two years now so really wanted to get it implemented. All I can reveal so far is that you have been chosen as one of the lucky few, to test and experience JTech Developments latest device, codename... PERIPHERY! The ride will feature a few world first elements, made possible because of the wing coaster design and hopefully some imaginative scenery.

Here's a teaser image and a video showing off some early train lighting tests. :)

photo screenshot-2014-12-26-22-28-30_zps1c2affcf.png

Lighting Test

Until next time.

:)

JAMMYD778
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2015 edited

JTech Developments are looking for willing volunteers to participate in their latest test. You will visit their high tech research facility to experience and test the latest device, codename Periphery, that will revolutionise the mass market transport industry. Your job will be to put the craft through it's paces and test the manoeuverability of the design. You will be given a full briefing and set of instructions upon arrival at the facility. We hope to see you very soon! Remember, JTech Developments are the leaders in future innovation!

photo screenshot-2015-01-02-15-40-03_zps3a95409e.png

Periphery Teaser
    This really reminds me of "The Dark Knight Coaster" that someone made in RCT3, but this looks even better and those lights are amazing.

P.S Please make a JTech Developments park oml
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015 edited

@CharlyCoasters: Thanks for the great comments. And I hope this will satisfy that request. ;-)

The next area of my Elmwood Lake Adventure Park is almost ready for release. JTech Developments is themed around a research facility with the star attraction being Periphery, a B&M Wing Coaster, featuring two world first elements; the Twisted Carousel and the Double Inline. Also there are two flats, Sky Surge, the Intamin Drop Tower and Discombobulator, the S&S Sky Swat. This is the second area of the park, following Storm Valley. However, due to performance, I have decided I will release the areas separately and with this area, there will be two versions, a high and low detail package. Below is the synopsis of the area and hopefully should have a video and download up on Monday after a few tweaks are made. Thanks again.

"Welcome to JTech Developments! We are the leaders in future innovation! You have been invited to experience some of our latest creations designed to enhance the experience of human life!

Here at our research facility you can try any of the codenamed projects below:

- PERIPHERY - The latest in transport innovation. You will be required to test the maneouverability and ride experience of this latest device, by passing through all 10 rings, without fail.

- Sky Surge - The ultimate freefall experience without the worry of personal responsibility. Test drive one of our ongoing experimental devices that has been designed to simulate skydiving with the upmost thrill and safety.

- Discombobulator - One of our older projects, designed to confront and reverse the effects of human disorientation. You will be subjected to rotating forces that defy and disorientate your bodys natural balance, but do not fret, for this is our safest, most 'reliable' contraption yet.

Enjoy your time at JTech Developments and remember, we are the leaders in future innovation!

*Support & Feedback courtesy of Apex Amusements* *And the marvelous Magu for his Seat & Tables* *And the superb Projektion for his amazing flats*"

photo screenshot-2015-01-25-00-26-40_zps4e056283.png

photo screenshot-2015-01-25-00-25-09_zps5a63be4b.png

photo screenshot-2015-01-25-00-25-57_zpse4550028.png

photo screenshot-2015-01-25-00-31-34_zpsa8dea359.png

photo screenshot-2015-01-25-00-30-22_zps6369781f.png

photo screenshot-2015-01-25-00-33-43_zps9ce727d8.png

Thanks again! :-D
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015

I love it! Great design!!! As a sience fiction fan.. i´m sold! I´m so excited to explore the new area! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

What is the twisted carousel?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778

@MGrides: Thanks and I hope you will enjoy playing it too. ;-)

@Paradox: You'll have to download to find out, (or watch the video when it's up :P). It's an element that can only safely/comfortably be achieved with the wing coaster (maybe the 4D coaster too, and at low speeds). :-)
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke

That Wing Coaster looks f-ing AMAZING. Holy crap, I'm in love
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Discombobulator being the most reliable contraption - Haha brilliant!

This looks absolutely fantastic, can't wait to have a look around
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778

Thanks teejaysyke. I worked very hard to follow B&M's wing coaster shaping and considered lowering roll rates and friction constants to make a winged layout most comfortable.

Glad you picked up on that sprog, I was waiting to see if anyone would :-P And thanks! :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2015

Sorry for the double post but the JTech Developments area of Elmwood Lake Adventure Park is now released on the exchange. Plus, there is a video below as well with multiple download links in the description. There are two files available, a high detail, more laggy version or a low detail, more optimised version. :-) I hope you enjoy.

HIGH DETAIL

LOW DETAIL

VIDEO

:-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2015

That prelift bit.

w0t.
    Near Miss level? Over 9000.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2015

@Paradox: Precisely ;-)

@CharlyCoasters: Haha, I don't remember adding that many ;-P
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2015

Twisted Carousel is exactly what I hoped it'd be - Absolutely frickin' nuts!
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2015

In an effort to give you some real criticism, I'm not too big of a fan of the theming. The coaster look futuristic for the sake of being futuristic, without much of a cause or reason behind it. The objects you've made look very nice, I just don't really understand everything that's going on. You're talking about JTech being leaders in innovation, but all I'm seeing is funky pillars and rings around the track.

Or maybe you've explained all of this and I'm just ignorant.

Either way, that's all I'd really have to say. Don't just dress up a coaster so it looks nice, try and have a reason (story) behind the theming.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

^ He has explained it. You go to Jtech Developments factory to test their devices. Well, it's a more developed idea, but this is the simple explanation.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

"You will be required to test the maneouverability and ride experience of this latest device, by passing through all 10 rings, without fail."
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Posted By: TheBeatlesI'm just ignorant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778

@sprog: Glad you think so! ;-)

@TheBeatles: Firstly, thanks ever so much for the feedback and criticism, it'll help make future projects better and I appreciate that.

Secondly, to be honest, the scenery was kind of an after thought for this project with my main aim being focussed on the layout and design of the coaster itself and integrating the theme into it. I will also admit that while yes, as others have suggested, this park kind of presumes that people have read into the back story in the description, I can agree with yourself in that it is not as clearly explained within the actual park as much as I would like. I will take that into consideration for my next project. Thanks again :-)

@dapalm: Yep that's basically the jist of it ;-)

@JAKool: Indeed. :-)
    @JAMMYD778 after downloading the high end coaster, i felt like i was in the new alton towers ride i always wanted after the swarm made its appearance. i was also surprisingly pleased that you added the "clack" noise on the station sensors. this project DESERVES a real life version ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2015

Welcome to Mystic Kingdom! This magical and enchanting land is home to the delightful Elmling creatures, with bounds of joy aplenty. At the centre of the land is the Mighty Oak Tree, and every night, the Elmling creatures put on a magnificent show for you, their humblest guests, and release the magic and mystery that the great tree has to offer. Lights, lasers, fountains and fire, all combine for an enchanting display. Just... do not venture into the deep... dark... woods, for why... the Elmlings will not reveal!

Hey everyone, the next area of Elmwood Lake Adventure Park will be Mystic Kingdom. The area will feature a family thrill, Mack launch coaster, travelling the circumference of the area with the Elmlings guiding the way. There will be a few flat rides also and a certain HE11ION creature in the deepest woods. I hope to incorporate some animatronics into the area if possible but for now, I have been working on the show for the Mighty Oak Tree. The light and laser sequence is pretty much finished and can be seen in the video below, so will be moving onto fire and fountain effects next hopefully. Massive thanks to bestdani for the amazing scripting engine he has created, it was remarkably simple once you get used to it. I have also started the layout for the Mack coaster as seen below as well.

Thanks again,

JAMMY!

SHOW LIGHT TEST

First of all: I love your projects, they are all extremely good and you seem to put a lot of hard work and time into them which I highly appreciate.

Secondly: How did you get the rollback fins on Whirlwind to go up and down when a train passed? I am currently building a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster 2 and I have created another coaster to get the magnetic fins but now I need to know how to make it go up and down like on Whirlwind. Can you please help?