Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2014 edited

Hi, I've been working on a design recently in nl2, and not wanting to make another thread that will only get 5 updates, I'm going to post the things I am working on in here.

This coaster; currently unnamed, is heavily inspired by Tennessee Tornado at Dollywood, but with my own take on the ride and its style.
    (And I will admit some inspiration by cb0668's terrain coaster)
    Overview of the mountainside:

It starts out with a drop and turn out of the station to the lift,

The lift follows up a shallow slope of the mountain to the peak of it, lift speed is 10mph

Where it tops out and turns 180 degrees at the top of the mountain to the first drop

2 LIM segments push the train over the drop slowly to build anticipation.

The first drop gives a fleeting glimpse of the beautiful mountain vally( when I put trees in and 3ds, of course.)

The first drop is very steep and plunges into a sub terrain tunnel about 115 feet, but only is at max 15 feet beneath the ground.

The drop leads out into a large sidewinder on the hillside, the supports are heavily inspired by Tennessee Tornado.

The sidewinder leads out into a fast banked turn above the trees

Which dives down below the break run to lake level at high speeds.

After a short straight section to maintain the feeling of high speed, it goes into a large vertical loop by the lake shore.

The loop dumps right into a light ejector hill over a ridge.

the hills leads down into a flat basin area where the ride twists back on itself on a hillside.

Followed by another turn around going up a sheer cliff face, heading back to the station.

after a small floater drop the ride twists into a corkscrew under the ejector hill.
    ]

The clearance with the corkscrew is very small, but passes the clearance test regardless.

After a final bunnyhop the ride ends at the breakrun.

Comments and Criticism much welcomed.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2014

I really like it :D. it kives me a powder keg feel like a s&s and premier mix. I am getting the Tennessee Tornado vibes with the color/supports. The only complaint I have it the train color. Maybe a nice dark green or red would look allot better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2014 edited

Would these work for train colors?

Edit, Update.

I've finished the supports and surrounding terrain and scenery for the ride, should I upload to the exchange, or make this into a park with multible rides?
    Pics:

I hope you guys enjoy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2014 edited

I've decided to make this into a small park, I'm working on adding an Arrow/Morgan hyper(much like Phantoms Revenge) that follows the terrain as cleverly as I can manage.
    Here are some WIP shots so I can get some help with shaping.

Predrop out of the station.

First drop at the mountain peak.

A big floater drop down the mountain.

Giant airtime hill with a kink at the top.

Criticism appreciated.

dunno if I will be able to make a custom train for the hyper, but I'm going to try.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2014

This support connection is not connected correctly.

There should not be a gap in the elbow in NL2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Okay TOGO, I just went back in and fixed it, didn't notice that. Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can I take a look at the Morgan? A few transitions look weird.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2014 edited

The Tennessee Tornado-inspired ride is absolutely breathtaking! I'd be interested by a release of that ride only.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Okay, I might release just the Tennessee Tornado ride separately and later on release the whole park, but I need a name for it first, any ideas?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Gun Sabbath?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Your first turns are too banked. They should be banked 20 degrees less. Your transitions seem too tight and short and are very jerky. Are you trying to go with the older jerky arrow coasters mixed with Morgan coasters?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Yes, some sections ar supposed to be a bit jerkey(I do think I overdid it, though), with morgan sections mixed in(ex the big overbank I added.) It needs alot of work though, I'll go try and fix those things.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I really do love the layout though! It is fantastic for a Morgan/arrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2014 edited

Update, the park grows! I've been diligently working on the arrow/morgan hyper(Which name is Helios) for quite some time today, and managed to complete the layout and all the supports( Supports would have taken longer but the copy feature sped up the lift supports a lot, the rest is custom.)

Here are the pictures, not much to say about them, besides how ridiculously massive the ride is.

If anyone wants closeups on sections of track to see shaping, just ask.
    Comments and criticism appreciated!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

For the drop out of the turnaround in the second picture, I think a support like this would me more Morgan-y

•  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

There is already one like that up there lol, but it was put there to avoid building on a cliff face so construction would've been easier.(For this ride, I have no idea whats with phantoms revenge)

Phantoms is there so it can go through the Thunderbolt

•  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2014

I just released my ride I was working on awhile back to the exchange, Hyphoon!
    http://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/hyphoon/8066
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

The ending part is terribly wobbly and would be incredibly headbanging in real life. Can you ask for others to test this Morgan coaster to give you more feedback?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Yes, I have 3 other people now, and I'm smoothing out the end so it isn't so rough.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Did you ride from the back seat and watch the train go absolutely wild with shaking, swaying twitching on the second half? The train does that on the first half but nowhere near as much as the second half. I think it is because of the roll control points are not set to con roll. What did the other three people say about your trackwork so far? Did they give you some suggestions?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

The shaking is because I was using too many strict roll points, I've removed most of them so its alot smoother, and smoothed out some of the bad jerks in the beginning too. Other people where complaining of the same thing and told me to remove the points.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Just to let you know if you stop the train on the break run before the final brakes the train failed to make it to the final brake run and rolled back.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Okay, thanks togo!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Did you check your other coaster? It has one section of wobbly track before the huge loop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2014 edited

I don't even know what that's supposed to be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014 edited

While I wait on some fun things for that terrain themepark, I decided to do a warmup ride for the contest tomorrow(B&M inverted ride), it isn't half bad besides an obvious pacing problem with the first part of the layout, I think the shaping and overall layout turned out okay.

Overview

Don't know what to do with it, slap on a name and upload it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014

Kashmir; a dueling Premier LIM coaster, is Released to the exchange! It's the winner of the 72 Hours Later, give it a ride and rate, please!

Download here

•  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2014

Sorry for double posting!

I have been working on a Intamin launched wingrider for the past two days, and just picked up sketchup today, I'm pretty proud of what I've done being this the first 3ds I''ve made in the program.
    The ride is themed Mediterranean.
    pics:

Criticism is much appreciated.
    Scenery is heavy WIP, no where near finished. Suggestions on what to add would be nice, though!
    I'd love to see the trains :D and perhaps a top-down editor view of the whole layout. The scenery is looking nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2014 edited

No trains just yet, just stock NL ones and a edited clearance envelope

Here's a top down view, I fixed up airtime hill over launch and added something else.

I'm going on a 1 1/2 week trip tomorrow so no more updates until I get back! Sorry!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2014

I love the little vineyard. Really nice touch!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2014

Not dead amazingly.

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2014

Are those trains custom or the arrow 4d trains? Everything else looks fantastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

No, custom trains made by thecodemaster a while back! Forgot to mention it.
    sorry!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart

Jeez, TCM is EVERYWHERE! And AWESOME!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

TCM is love
    TCM is life

Looks awesome cheetah!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

I love how you went above ground with that corkscrewy thing. Usually when people do Intamin wing riders they make them really low and ground-huggy. Your overall feel is beautiful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2014

The minipark, all rides passing by in one shot, too. Dueling intamin vertical lift is under the works right now.

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2014

It's like Gröna Lund on steroids. Love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2014

I finished(for the most part) the Intamin Dueling vertical lift, dubbed by the name 'Voltar', Woo.

Here's some pics.

The Mini-Hyper is named Nomad, it intertwines tightly around itself, yet still has some airtime to it.

The timberliner, Hareball, is built over Nomad and because of how many times the track intersects the lift, needs a wild steel structure to support the lift.

Don't let its tiny stature fool you, it packs a serious punch to it and carry's lots of speed through the layout.

Any ideas for the park? I have no idea what else to add, nor do I have any inspiration atm, here's an overview of the space I have.

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Time for a second page. This takes forever to load.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Yeah, no one really comments on this, really hard to get to a second page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

It looks amazing!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I really like this mini park.
    Looks amazing. Maybe you could try a zac-spin, half pipe or impulse coster?
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Looks amazing! Very nice work to cram in so many rides into a small space.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2014

Fantastic work so far. This is an Interesting Park. Keep up the good work
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2014

Here's a teaser. Kinda obvious but yaknow, ;)

Yes that's at the minipark.
    I love the idea, and the tight space has really impacted some of your layouts. You've got some really unique rides there which I'd love to ride. They all travel through the same pile of wood and steel, but each has their own way of doing it. I hope this won't feel repetitive and nauseating by the 3rd or 4th ride experience.

I have some issues with this park, though. Which is the day to day running of it. Where is your transfer tracks and maintenance builds, along with backdoor access for staff/crew? Most obvious of all, queue lines and park paths, with shops etc?