Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2014 edited

Hello,

I've been looking around on this forum for a while and I wanted to show you my projects and I would like some feedback.
    This tread is also to push myself to finishing some coasters. (I hope it helps)

I am currently working on the following coaster:

Iron Woodchip is a 'Iron Horse' wooden coaster with an IBOX track (like medusa and new texas giant).
    The layout is obviously inspired by Woodchip from Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, only Iron Woodchip is wilder, faster and has an inversion.

With this coaster I'm trying to capture a classic and nostalgic feeling while its still a very modern coaster.
    The stationbuilding is inspired by cedar point's blue streak.

Tell me what you think!
    -Kevan
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2014

Oh wow, what an amazing first project! Why did you hide for so long? :P

I'm not sure if I've already welcomed you, so: Welcome to the NLE forums, Kevan! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

This is excellent! Very interesting take on a classic vs. innovative coaster, the scenery fit the ride perfectly and the presentation is top-notch. Your I-box model looks very good, too.

Also, welcome here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Really nice presentation!

Ride looks really fun
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2014

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the project...
    I'll make sure to post regular updates as the coaster progresses further.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2014

I love how simple the layout looks and the scenery fits the coaster very well. I'm in love with the first picture.
    I like the coaster itself but that name has to go haha
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2014

^ haha..
    I know the name is not the best, but Iron woodchip is the best i could think of...
    If anyone has a better name for this coaster, suggestions are always welcome!

Small update:
    I added some shading to the loading screen, tell me what you think:
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2014 edited

Hi Again!

Sorry for the double post.. but I wanted to show you my little side project which I mainly did to get better at hand building.

Minion
    Minion is a small B&M rollercoaster with one inversion. The goal behind the rollercoaster is to have a small footprint as possible while still being a fun little coaster.
    I also didn't want to go super high, because most parks that want a small footprint coaster also cannot go to high.

Because this coaster was a side project to practice some No Limits 2 Handbuilding the shaping of some elements might be a bit off.. but I think its still a very fun rollercoaster.

Minion
    MinionMinionMinionMinionMinion

Download Minion Here!

Presentation Idea stolen from secretimbecile
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2014

I have started a new project that is still unnamed yet. (post suggestions)
    Its a New Generation Vekoma Coaster, With trains inspired by Battlestar Galactica - Human.

The Coaster is quite small, but the main focus is the custom coaster style.

The car is a B&M Hyper Car with Custom 3ds Attachments and textures (I made these trains earlier when experimenting)
    I chose this method because I'm not very good with scripting, and I still want to have the full wheel and Lap-Bar functionality.

Here is a picture of the Layout:

Remade the B&M LSM Magnets so they fit on the train:

Enjoy more pics of the layout:

-Kevan Builds
    • CommentAuthorsolomon123

That looks beatiful, how did you make those crossties?
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

I love that train!
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

yeah, that train is amazing! :)
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

Layout seems kinda boring...
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2014

I tried to make the layout more interesting:

It rides really fast as its launched on the lifthill
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2015 edited

As promised in the screenshot tread, here are some more images of my new unnamed flying coaster

Tell me what you guys think

First pic disabled for spam - Staff (j/k it's honestly fine - AJ)
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2015

Oh man, that theming looks awesome! I don't think the track color fits well, but I'm very interested in this project. Keep it up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDonidia

I think a dark green track colour would look better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDarkStar

What program did you use for the scenery?
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

i like the colors, i don't know why the rest of nle doesn't...
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

This shows how important textures are in my opinion (is there also a bump / normal map applied to the materials?) - it looks great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015 edited

I use sketchup to make all of the scenery, and for the bumb-mapping textures I used crazybump.
    I'm still not sure about the colors, I liked the outstanding yellow color, but the dark green is very good too...
    I was thinking about names, and i really can't think of any good ones, something like forest flyer would be cool, but i want something more unique.

Here is a picture of the station and storage building, I just added the trees and bushes here, nseven did a very good job on those.

Edit: just thought of this, what about karhaohhaer as the name? This is flight translated to khmer, the language of cambodia. From where i have taken a lot of inspiration for the temples.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015

I don't understand why you don't get more comments. It looks amazing, didn't expect so much theming. I like the name btw. May I suggest a lime green for the track color? (half way between yellow and dark green).
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK

^ I just don't know what to say, what others haven't.

Models and textures are looking awesome, layout seems interesting aswell.
    Old color scheme was too bright to me. The new one fits perfectly into the surrounding. The track is kind of invisible now.
    If that is what you wanted it to be you did a great job :)

Really liking that fly to lie transition.

•  
      CommentAuthorKevan

^^^ Thanks, I will definitely experiment more with the colours, and for now I'm going to go with this name, it's kinda quirky and I like it.
    ^^Thanks
    ^This is all an experiment for me, I haven't' ever ridden a flying coaster (as I live in the Netherlands, and the only flying coaster in Europe is in England)
    If all goes to plan I will be riding air at Alton towers this summer! Exited about that, that's why I started working on this coaster.
    I just went a bit with what I thought would be an awesome experience to ride, of course taking a look at existing flying coasters for inspiration.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Maybe try a color scheme similar to that of crystal wing? That might look nice.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Your scenery looks amazing!

However, I can't even come close to pronouncing the rides name. Maybe a something a bit simpler, or at least something with fewer H's?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan

^^the original yellow colour was inspired by crystal wing. I have tried the (I think old) salmon-ish colour, but I feel it looks really odd here. A lime colour looks okey, but I feel that it is way cooler in a darker green.
    ^Thanks, The name is still not final, I was thinking of shorting it down to Karhaoh, as I think that sounds really cool.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

On second thought, the light pink/tan might not provide enough contrast from the scenery.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan

Doing some research atm, so sorry for the excessive amount of posts, but I think this might be leading to something really cool.
    What do you guys thing of the name Vimana?
    Its a flying temple for gods. I thought that might be very cool and fitting for this coaster
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

It's very fitting to the theme and appearance of the coaster, I vote yes.
    ^^I say yes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2015

As you guys can see I decided to go with the name Vimana.

When doing some research about Vimana, I came across this little flying thing

This is some kind of flying machine inspired by the drawings found in the stories about Vimana.

I thought it was pretty cool, and based my cartexture of it:

For now this is also an early concept, I am also thinking about making a 3d model skin for the coaster. to create the flying machine effect.
    Anyways. tell me what you think about this, is it too simple, or just right? (i guess its not too complicated, that would be ridiculous)

I am not sure if it is still an option, but i thought the original bright yellow color was great

•  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2015

So... Quite a bit of work has been done in the past weeks. But I never felt really updating this tread.

The biggest update is a completely new coaster: GANESH
    I made this coaster quite a while ago and totally forgot about it. When I was cleaning up my computer I came across it again and came up with the idea of adding it to this park.
    Adding the scenery to this coaster was pretty hard because of the tight layout, and I wanted it to have a lot of near misses and tunnels. I like to think that this worked really well.

I wasn't too happy with the paths like I had them before. So those have gotten a full revamp. Instead of geometrical and straight like I had made them before in sketchup, I used a path that follows the terrain and goes around the whole station building. While walking there you come across some beautiful nature. For realism I also added some Lose article nets (I believe that is what they are called). Also I added garbage bins and benches around the whole current park.
    I really tried making the best use of code's rock set in combination with nseven's beautiful foliage together with some of my own scenery.

Overview layout:

This is my favourite part of the coaster:

The station that I really like:

Some paths and surroundings modifications:

Ganesh Car texture (yes the second car does not have an eye):

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Are you using B&M connectors for the supports?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan

yes.. good you remind me of that. It is bad I know. but I'm just lazy