Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsawcyy
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2014 edited

My recreation of Rita will be my first NL2 coaster so thought it would be a good idea to get a few pictures up on here before the final product.

">

A huge thanks to Spike for making me a script to get the traffic lights functioning :D

Rita may not be the most exciting ride out there, but I thought that considering it has a simple layout i thought it would be a good coaster to use to get used to NL2 :) I'm also new to the whole scenery side of NL, so it's my first time using Google Sketchup also. Most of the objects were made myself, including the station which took a hell of a lot of time. The supports as of now are just temporary and will be retouched :)
    this looks fantastic!" was there 2 days ago and it looks really good so far! the launch track and half of the transition into the first turn is 4 tubed track though.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2014

Looks very good, but why are you using the Hyper trains?
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

This looks fantastic!

I'm curious, i see this is ug-land Rita, will you be doing a dark forest Rita?
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

Posted By: TheBeatlesLooks very good, but why are you using the Hyper trains?

I second this lol. looks great so far btw :)
    • CommentAuthorsolomon123

That looks awesome
    • CommentAuthorsawcyy

Posted By: TheBeatlesLooks very good, but why are you using the Hyper trains?

Thanks for pointing that out, didn't realise there were rocket coasters haha
    • CommentAuthorsawcyy

Posted By: ChukenskyThis looks fantastic!

I'm curious, i see this is ug-land Rita, will you be doing a dark forest Rita?

Maybe if I ever get round to doing Th13teen :)
    ^I'm working on a TH13TEEN recreation... we could collab... ;)
    • CommentAuthorsawcyy

^haha I would, will have to see.

Don't quote the comment above yours -staff
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711

Really cool looking stuff so far, everything looks good! I personally am glad to see you are working on the old Ug Land version, I actually preferred that theme. At this rate we will have the whole of Alton Towers major rides covered within NL2!

Also I know it's not final but you may want to darken the track colour just a tad.
    • CommentAuthorsawcyy
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2014

~Picture Update~

Don't expect to see the whole of UG Land for the finished product, unfortunately I don't have enough free time. But maybe in the future :)

Just realised the window at the bottom of this picture... ignore that

Still far from finished, but it shouldn't be too long now. I'm really satisfied with how the track compares to the original, but still tweaking here and there - no rush! If you guys feel there's anything wrong with it, do say as I take all criticism on board :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

Looks great so far, quite impressed by your 3ds work here.
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2014 edited

WOW! That looks really awesome! The last time i saw a recreation on this level, it was built for RCT3 :D Sooo beautiful!

I do have a question: how you did made the small rocks? =)
    • CommentAuthorMGCD

Indeed a very cool project and I'm loving the development with the 3ds. Your attention to detail is notable as well. Although I don't know much about Rita, this looks like something a designer would come up with before building anything. Great job :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM

Recreations of Intamin coasters always show how the size of the track is off relative to the shaping of the track, based on the speed and forces of the actual ride. BirdNerd's Bizarro recreation is another good example of this.

•  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

I love this recreation, the scenery looks fantastic, I look forward to it.
    However I gotta give a shout out to the first roller coaster I ever rode with inversions, R.I.P. Corkscrew!
    • CommentAuthorsawcyy

Posted By: MGridesWOW! That looks really awesome! The last time i saw a recreation on this level, it was built for RCT3 :D Sooo beautiful!

I do have a question: how you did made the small rocks? =)

I downloaded the rocks from the 3D warehouse, but I do know that you can create them by using two Sandboxes and intersecting them. (this is the only method I know of anyway, I am new to 3D modelling software)
    • CommentAuthorMGCD

A good way to create rocks in sketchup is to use the erode tool on a primitive shape. Depending on the number iterations you do, the more like a rock the form becomes. That's the simplest way I know of. :p
    • CommentAuthorMGrides

Thank you for the tip! I didn´t know that it´s so easy to create some rocks =) The Warehouse rocks are also nice.. there are also a few, interesting boulders :D
    • CommentAuthorsawcyy
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2014 edited

Some more progress :)

Got round to doing the bonnet of the coaster - I was midway through before realising I was creating the Dark Forest version, so I guess it's now a mix of both. I've still yet to customise the train car textures.

It wasn't easy considering I'm a noob when it comes to Sketchup >:(

I also got round to doing the queue line. Not much more left to do now :D

•  
      CommentAuthoraw555000
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2014

Wow that car looks amazing! You sir are awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

This recreation is looking amazing!

The trains look spot on :)
    • CommentAuthorAlbo85

I'm glad that another Alton Tower's ride has been made!!!
    This is looking epic :D
    i LOVE this but im worried you havent spent much time on the track, it might be perfect but its a tough one to look at in detail i feel the first bit of airtime might not be as pointy as it should be.
    • CommentAuthorsawcyy
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2014

Posted By: Brett-Jonesi LOVE this but im worried you havent spent much time on the track, it might be perfect but its a tough one to look at in detail i feel the first bit of airtime might not be as pointy as it should be.

Trust me, I spent ALOT of time on the track. It may not be perfect, but I'm confident in saying it is close :) The first airtime hill is tough to crack and I'm hoping it's at a stage where I can get away with any slight imperfections. Again, I am a noob when it comes to NoLimits so this project has been to get to grips with it and Rita has been great fun to recreate. Someone has suggested doing the Dark Forest version and I may well do this starting from scratch as a future project (aswell as recreating Rita and ensuring it IS perfect).

Some final pictures of the project will be posted soon, followed by a video and then (hopefully) a release.
    • CommentAuthorsawcyy
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2014 edited

Final Picture Update!

After countless hours spent on creating and adding scenery objects I finally managed to recreate one of Alton Towers' top rides; Rita! I'm hopeful that you guys see this as atleast a decent attempt at Rita and that my time and effort has paid off. Not only have a learned a lot about NoLimits but I've also learnt a lot using Sketchup. There are still minor things that need adjusting, but it's very near complete. Expect a video soon!

I would be VERY grateful if anyone could make or suggest a script I could use to have the car rollback slightly before launch. I've seen videos of people that have got scripts to do this, but haven't seen any that have been released. I don't think it's a major issue, but it would be great to have this. (I am useless at scripting).

A big thanks to Spike for creating me a script for the traffic lights!

photo rita0008_zpsb26f7609.jpg

photo rita0007_zpsae68949c.jpg

photo rita0004_zpsdc3588f9.jpg

photo rita0003_zps490c014d.jpg

photo rita0006_zpsf0727b89.jpg

photo rita0002_zpsce05f7b8.jpg

photo rita0001_zps4ab4235c.jpg

EDIT: I should also mention that playing this on maxiumum graphics settings may cause framerate issues. I especially have trouble with framerate. I plan on releasing two packages so that people who do struggle with framerate can play the version with less scene objects.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

I honestly can't wait for this!

When do you think you'll release it?
    • CommentAuthorsawcyy

Posted By: ChukenskyI honestly can't wait for this!

When do you think you'll release it?

Hopefully no more than a week or two from now.. it'll be soon after a video has been uploaded, unfortunately I don't have much free time on my hands =[
    so we have rita queen of speed, air, nemesis and the smiler...

lets make a whole alton towers recreation
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

^Exactly what I was about to suggest.
    ^^ sure i can remake my Th13teen, and i built the towers out of supports once... :P
    • CommentAuthorcoaster-inc

if the whole alton towers project was to come to fruition as a community project... ill just stick this titbit of info in.... me and a mate have actually been working on a towers model, we went in with lazer mesures and took every bit of info we could to get it right and i think it has come out pretty bang on really, not quite done yet as there is a lot to do plus the whole ruins bit will be very hard. ill leave this here...

photo NewBitmapImage_zpsba577dec.png

It was going to be part of my own whole park recreation but seeing as more and more individual rides are sort of making their way out, maybe a full community park should be created, i certainly need a few more eyes to help with the forbidden valley area, and seeing as rita has now been made, it could be someone elses job to just make the sky ride and join the 2 bits together...

dunno how we would get everyone together mind to actually get this done though.
    • CommentAuthorsawcyy

Wow this looks great!
    • CommentAuthorAltitude

Back on topic, this Rita recreation looks fantastic!
    I too have a problem with frame rate, but I'd still love to download it when it's released!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

So what exactly is "Dark Forest" Rita?
    • CommentAuthorsawcyy

Posted By: ParadoxSo what exactly is "Dark Forest" Rita?

It's just the location/theme. First the area was called UG Land, and then was re-themed prior to the construction of Th13teen
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

The re-theme when Ug-Land became Dark Forest...

Love the train cover. Great work on this especially the 3Ds. The layout is pretty much spot on besides, as you've stated, some minor imperfections that are hardly noticeable. The second turn's shaping is a little off in that the radius decreases a little too much by the end of the turn rather than keeping a little bit of a tighter turn. It looks like it pulls out to create more of a straight away for the second airtime hill. Other than that, top notch work!

Now you just need the ladies...
    http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h71/MrMorningstarr/pop-culture/ultimo/alton-towers/rita-queen-of-speed.jpg
    • CommentAuthorsawcyy

How could I forget

photo the_Ladies_zpsd0239162.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2014 edited

Oh my god I'm dying
    Please release it like that
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2014 edited

susan is down

all senior citizens should have life alert click to buy

susan doesnt

help
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2014

not susan

sophie

do u even sketchup
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Since when is Susan/Sophie old? Old women should not dress like that srry
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

but still better than old women dressing like the girls from the original image
    • CommentAuthorsawcyy
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2014

Here's the video of Rita!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KduuV2vI5fo

I'm not exactly good with editing either, so forgive me. I'm sure it's not perfect; this project was purely for getting to grips with NL2, but I had alot of fun making Rita. Will release the package soon :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2014 edited

Pegboard Nerds + roller coasters = instalike (if I had YouTube)

Great job!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Edit: ignore me
    • CommentAuthorsawcyy

Link to the package on the exchange:

https://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/rita-alton-towers-v1/8221

If you have problems with frame rate I recommend you download the other 2 packages here and pick the one that suits you best..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6k0d_7jXu6wNEZ5TU5JV05QbDQ/edit?usp=sharing

(Package 2 may make no difference at all, but for me I found that the queue line was the culprit)

Enjoy :)