Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2014 edited

UPDATED September 14th 2016

Hey guys!

Long time since there was activity in this thread.
    So I actually made a new version of this last summer, but I never got around to finishing it. So I've decided to post the almost done version here, so you guys can enjoy it while this site is slowly being made redundant!
    Anyways here is how you install the new version:

1. Visit https://userstyles.org/
    2. Install Stylish for your favorite browser
    3. when the plugin is installed and you've restarted the browser visit this link: https://userstyles.org/styles/132676/nolimits-exchange-forums
    4. Click that big green button that says "Install with stylish"
    5. That should be all the steps, Visit this forum and enjoy the new look/experience

I hope you all like it, a lot of work went into it (last year :P )

- kevan

Ps.. here's a screenshot of the new look:

• CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2014

Oh. My. Gosh.

I love this. I really like the look of it and the interface is really nice. Thanks so much!
    • CommentAuthorSkye

Oh, that is so lovely! (Remember guys, this is not an official NL-E team update, this is something for use to use if we please!)
    • CommentAuthorSkye

^ Yes, I am using it right now on Chrome.
    Awesome! I'm using it right now!
    This will need some getting used to for me, but i really like the look of it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan

Glad you guys like it :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

This is sweet! So sleek, blends in well with the new stylistic simplicty of other GUI's we've been seeing lately (Windows 8, iOS 7, etc.) That said, there is a lot to get used to here, but I'll keep it installed and try it out.
    Every time i press the discussions button i see a flash of the "actual" NL-E forums before the current one shows up, does this happen on anyone else's?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

This is awesome, respect from a fellow web designer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

^^Happens to me, but I don't exactly expect anything better. I'm amazed it's as fast as it is.
    Can... can this ever hit server side? I assume no, but just judging from the screenshots I need to give it a whirl. I've been here for years so I've nearly forgotten how ugly Vanilla is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan

^ I could make a server side version of this.. But that'll take a while.. The current code is written pretty inefficient because it needed to overwrite all css on the server.. Shall I give it a shot to make it a theme for vanilla?

Posted By: TheRobloxcoastermanEvery time i press the discussions button i see a flash of the "actual" NL-E forums before the current one shows up, does this happen on anyone else's?

This is happening because the plugin needs to overwrite all styling after the Web page is loaded. Its just how the plugin works. And it depends on your computer and internet speed if it appears or not.
    i found a problem, when you move to a different page of the discussion, it changes back
    I don't know it looks kind of goofy to be honest, just my opinion. I don't like all the colors everywhere, I prefer the simplicity and more professional look of the forum right now. I think that it's pretty cool that you went out to change it thought, props for that. And I don't have to use it so no harm done :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2014

Posted By: TheRobloxcoastermani found a problem, when you move to a different page of the discussion, it changes back

Have you done the following correctly?
    Select 'URL's starting with' and fill the folowing URL in the bar behind that:
    http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/

That might be it.. Otherwise send me a whisper with the exact problem and i'll check it out tomorrow. Because i'm going to sleep now
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711

Love this new theme, what a great idea!
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

This honestly seems pretty much exactly like reddit - I like the look, but I'll be sticking with Vanilla for now (as I actually like the look of Vanilla a lot).
    Posted By: KevanHave you done the following correctly?
    Select 'URL's starting with' and fill the folowing URL in the bar behind that:
    http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/

That might be it.. Otherwise send me a whisper with the exact problem and i'll check it out tomorrow. Because i'm going to sleep now

Yes, this was the problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Laptop

Um, now my style went away.
    It was working fine until now, so I don't quite get it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Can you make this for internet explorer?
    Can you get Stylish on IE? if not then you might be out of luck
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Laptop

Solution: Don't use IE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2014 edited

But I am too lazy to download Chrome
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2014 edited

There might be a plugin similar to stylisch... But the chance all of the code works correctly is pretty a small... Since in IE there isn't as much support for a lot of the used styling elements..

For that I will not make a version for IE... I'm sorry.

I recommend you to download chrome if you would like to Install this theme.. I promise you installing chrome is a lot less of a pain than trying to make code work correctly on IE... Especially old versions of IE. At the moment Chrome is the most customizable Brower I know... It even lets you edit the scrollbar(anybody noticed that?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2014

Loving this.

One small problem though. When using the search function, either for a thread or user, when the results are returned, you can't actually click on them. So you have to manually trawl through the pages to find the thread you are looking for. Not a massive problem, but I don't imagine it's hard to fix?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2014 edited

^ Hmm...

At the moment everything is just working fine, and the links are clickable... Although I have had this problem while coding and testing.. thought it was completely fixed. (I'm using chrome)

I'm going to look into the code to see if there is something wrong with it.. and I will test the firefox version for it too..

Edit: Jup the firefox version is slightly broken... I'll fix it as soon as possible :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2014

Okay, thank you. Nothing major, but I do have to switch of stylish when searching haha.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2014 edited

Get new version for Chrome

Get new version for Firefox

(updated 4/8/2014)
    Changelog:

-Added back the [back to top] button on the discussion page
    -Added back the title of a discussion on the comments page
    -Added back the [bottom of page] button on comments page
    -Added back the [Back to discussions] button on comments page
    -Removed the auto rescale to 1000px
    -Restyled selections

-Changed the styling of the bottom navigation, This should fix issues with the search page on firefox :-)

Found any Bugs? Report them in this tread

•  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2016 edited

Hey guys!

Long time since there was activity in this thread.
    So I actually made a new version of this last summer, but I never got around to finishing it. So I've decided to post the almost done version here, so you guys can enjoy it while this site is slowly being made redundant!
    Anyways here is how you install the new version:

1. Visit https://userstyles.org/
    2. Install Stylish for your favorite browser
    3. when the plugin is installed and you've restarted the browser visit this link: https://userstyles.org/styles/132676/nolimits-exchange-forums
    4. Click that big green button that says "Install with stylish"
    5. That should be all the steps, Visit this forum and enjoy the new look/experience

I hope you all like it, a lot of work went into it (last year :P )

- kevan

Ps.. here's a screenshot of the new look:

Looks really good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorminuseven
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2016 edited

That looks a lot like some of those reddit CSS themes. Reminds me of naut especially, since I use it. Does it stem off of one of those? Is it something to do with the plugin itself?
    0_0
    It looks identical!
    LOVE IT, It looks really really good :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2016

Awesome News!

Are you using Safari, Opera Next, Or Edge as a browser?
    Via Tampermonkey you can install this style too!
    Use this userscript variation of the style and it should work just fine!
    Note: This was tested with Edge, To install simply open tampermonkey, click add new script and paste the code in there
    ^ chrome also works the same way