Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2014 edited

Myself and TheCodeMaster have recently been brainstorming ideas for a collaboration, and we have now started the designing and construction process, so we feel it is ready to start showing the ideas we have regarding this roller coaster.

We have called it "Biohazard" because the setting is in the future, where a lethal virus has spread/is spreading around the world, and has brought life to a standstill. You (the rider), will venture into a quarantine zone, where international authorities are attempting to control the virus.

This project has been under-wraps for some time, and we are actually making progress now.

Here are the original designs and concepts:

These concepts were modelled on Sketchup and then visualised in Lumion. The idea was that the rider would travel through an apocalypse, where the virus has damaged everything.

Track designs and concepts:

The origional track was very compact, and had rough areas. There wasn't a dark section, so the ride was very short, yet there were a lot of inversions, and interesting transitions that we later used in the next version.

We then used this to make a new version, which had a dark section at the start, to allow us to have a part to tell the back-story to the ride, and to increase the throughput of the ride. It incorporated the elements used in the first draft, however in a larger area, and the track was smooth. It was in general, a better track.

We have now started modelling, by importing the track into Sketchup, and have got the basic shape to the area and started creating concrete holes where the track will go through.

Modelling:

We are sure to bring you much more news on this project soon. All feedback is appreciated.Thanks

ggddffhh and TheCodeMaster

Answers:
    @Solomon123 *magic*
    how did you guys get the track in sketchup.
    My guess is a similar way to the custom crossties. Light pattern editor?
    ^ Rails rather than crossties, but yeah, assume so.

Looks very intersting, by the way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2014

Thanks for stealing my name for the 5 Hours of Power competition, lol.

In all seriousness though, this is looking good so far. I'm interested in how that SketchUp import is possible, as I will soon need to do a similar thing for the scenery on my Vekoma Junior Inverted I'm working on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

UPDATE: We have been creating the main building for Biohazard, which will explain the story behind it. We are just creating the structure at the moment, where the walls and flooring will be completed soon. We have also started modelling on scene inside the building.

The basic model of this room has been done. We aim to script lights to flash when the train travels through, giving the impression that they are being shot. The riders now have the virus.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Back this project up!! Now!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Yes the last thing we want is a repeat of Pathogen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I bet the fire effects will only work for the first month of operation ;)

Seriously though, looks pretty interesting!
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

UPDATE:

@UncleArly Haha ;)
    @Paradox Don't worry, it has been backed up twice on my computer, and is also on TCM's computer too. No chance (I hope) of being "Pathogened" ;)

It has mainly been myself doing the work so far today, due to the time difference between myself and TCM (he is asleep...), so I have been modelling for most of the day today.

I have started work on the headchopper that on the indoor 50* drop (ish), and have started mapping out the scenes inside.

Earlier today....

Started work on this scene, showing how scientists have tried controlling the spread of the virus, but it reveals how they have failed. Obviously a work in progress, and there will be a few strobes in her too, creating a very dark atmosphere.

The indoor drop is begginging to take shape. There will be text and blood on the walls, basically warning the riders of how dangerous the virus has become. A spotlight will illuminate the room, and the rest will be dark.

Work in progress again...

The dark section layout.

Opinions would be great. Your kind words really encourage us to get this out ASAP! :)

Expect more updates today.

ggddffhh + TheCodeMaster
    • CommentAuthorAlbo85

The 3d is top quality! Can't wait to see more,I'm totally excited about this!
    I'm curious to understand how you exported the spline and swipe the box along...
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

This looks awesome, I really like the storyline. Will definately be keeping an eye on this one! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2014 edited

UPDATE: We have been working flat out today on the modelling of Biohazard. We have almost completed the bottom floor (and second floor in places). We have done the first floor first, to make it easier for us to model the next floor, which includes the actual station, as well as an introductory scene after the train is dispatched. Please bare in mind that there are no roofs on the model yet, so you can see through most of the building, however when it is done, it will look very sinister and compact.

The main indoor drop consist of a corridor and a scene at the end, which will be an emergency news broadcast stating that the virus is spreading at an alarming rate, and that a vaccine being produced. There will be one spotlight illuminating the TV, and the rest will be dark and atmospheric

The hospital scene where riders go through a hospital trying to treat the virus with the vaccine, however they learn that it hasn't worked and people are changing. It will be quite dark, and the theme has been based arond the game "Outlast" for this portion.

This is the final dark section scene, where the riders get a taster of what is outside. People are being shot that are infected in an attempt to control the virus. The riders are then launched outside to the apocalyptic world. Again, this will be illuminated by atmospheric lights, which will flash, and will make it atmospheric. The streetlights will also illuminate this scene.

A close up shot of this scene.

I imported it into No Limits 2 and here is what it looks like so far with the track...

We are now modelling the second floor in places. TheCodeMaster is going to be responsible for the station (as well as the entrance and exit for riders). The current plan is to make the queue line go above the dark section, and then there to be stairs going down the side of the building, enclosed. We will also model and animate (hopefully) a lift for disabled access.

Hope you are interested in this project so far, we are working very hard to get this done to the highest quality possible.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2014 edited

Can you ride the disabled lift? I really hope so.

Oh, is that generator a bit on the oversized size? It look a bit too big compared to the ambulance.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrinktvis
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2014

Wow! looks great! I'm looking forward to see more of this project

How did you do that with inporting the track in Sketchup?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

This looks amazing, I've also gotta ask how did you export it into sketchup?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

We all want to know, tell us now!
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

UPDATE: Hey guys,I feel it is time for a long overdue update. I will also answer some of your questions.

Regarding all of your questions about exporting the track to sketchup, I am afraid that TheCodeMaster will have to explain everything to you, as even I dont fully understand how he did it! I will ask him to tell you soon, so don't spam him elsewhere please!

Regarding the project, progress has been fairly slow recently because I have been on holiday, and TheCodeMaster has been busy working on his many other projects and his school work. We decided that he would model the station, and he has been finding that dificult due to the nature of Sketchup. I have been modelling the scenes, and I am almost done. Just a few extra touches to do, and I need to complete one more scene (the very first one).

I will break down how our roles have been divided...

ggddffhh: Origional trackwork,concepts,designs,modelling dark section, modelling outside area partly, music, texturing.

TheCodeMaster: FVD improved trackwork, modelling station, modelling queue line, modelling outside area partly, scripting, texturing.

We are working very hard to make this project as good as it can be, however recently we have realised how big and detailed this project is.

I will show you the progress...

The layout of the top floor so far...

Anyway, expect an update on here or in a new thread from TheCodeMaster explaining the track export hopefully. Feedback would be great for this project!

ggddffhh + TheCodeMaster
    • CommentAuthorElvenage

With the track exporting, using the Light Pattern Editor (like he did for the RMC rails), couldn't it be adjusted to clearance envelope dimensions and take the 3D model out of the .nl2sco and import into sketchup? I haven't tried it but it seems logical at the moment haha.
    Some of those textures look pretty bad atm, specifically the ones on the walls. On a better note, I love themed euro-fighters and I can't wait to see this develop!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

^ The bricks do look very large and stretch out, the concrete one is nice though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2014

UPDATE: After just over a month of silence, we have been slowly making progress (still on the model). We have almost finished the main building, which is themed around a hospital on the outside,and the inside is filled with different scenes explaining the back story to the ride. Progress should pick up pace soon, so expect a lot of updates over the coming weeks. Our plan is to get this released some time around December currently (if we do release it, because it will be a very heavy file to run).

@6FlagsManiac The textures will be dimly lit by strobes and ambient lighting, so we haven't spent a lot of time doing the inside textures. Trust us, it will look good when finished :)
    @Elvenage TheCodeMaster is currently working on a thread explaining it all.

Please note that the buildings aren't final, and will of course be heavily themed, and not just huge slabs. The idea is that the area around the ride will be an apocalyptic village/city that is heavily damaged.

After a bit of work...

Close up of where the track enters and exits the main building.

Current queue line.

We hope you are enjoying the project so far. We are realising more and more how big this project is, which is why it is taking longer than expected (this was supposed to be a small project...).

Leave feedback if you want, its very helpful :)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

The large stairs needs a third smaller support.
    This just looks amzing, and I really hope you will release this even if it's really heavy
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

Just a teaser but the next update will be huge...

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2014

intriguing
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2014 edited

UPDATE:

TheCodeMaster has spent a lot of time recently on this project, modelling, scripting, supporting, etc etc etc. Please note that the lights and models are in the early stage, and we are just testing lights really. Also, the textures on the hospital aren't final.

ALSO, we have added area music, which is very atmospheric. We will eventually make on-board music hopefully.

A full view of the ride area, with the queue line and plaza in the background. You can get a sense of how large and detailed the ride is.

The main drop during the dark section. The light is actually a flashing strobe, and we are in the process of adding other lights.

The final dark section scene. Stroboscopes have been added, and the streetlights will illuminate the area.

The queue line leads from the main plaza next to the ride. You go up some stairs, through the building to the station. The inside area of the queue still needs to be themed and we are in the process of theming the outside. Lights will be added here too (as well as fire and smoke).

One of the final inversions that strikes through the building and inverts very close to the brake run. You can also see part of the work in progress station.

Anither view of the hospital and the final inversions, all supported now.

The view from the plaza, which will be themed soon. You get a great view of the hospital, which towers over the whole ride area. We are debating whether to put a large wall in between the plaza and the ride area to keep it a surprise.

It isn't very clear from this GIF, but custom trains have been made, and the front panel and the sides light up and flash. It is clearer on the ride. We might possibly add the logo as well.

We weren't lying about this being an extremely heavy roller coaster to run, however we are trying to optimise the package. We might release a model with no lights, or something like that.

Please leave feedback if you want, we love hearing it! More updates soon...
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Did you make sure to have the crashed helicopter have no pitch black sides?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhyter

The project is mind blowing! I can't wait to see it live. (drool)

Meanwhile here are a few protips on the lights...

+ Use as many of the "Effect only" (non-active) lights as you want.
    + Use one or two active lights to act as the illumination for a cluster of non-active lights.
    + Limit the number of overlapping active lights on a single face. Reducing each light's range can have a positive effect on performance.
    + Limit the number of active lights in view. There is no suggested number since it is contextual to each scene, it is just a matter of trial and error.
    + Greatly limit the use of shadow spotlights and projection lights in a big project, they are performance hogs.
    + Decide whether or not you absolutely need a day/night cycle. If you don't then use the "Simple" environment with "Dynamic Sky" enabled so that you can set the static time. Otherwise the dynamic elements within the "Default" environment can sap your overhead.

When you get closer to the end if you're still concerned about performance let me know. There's often quite a lot that we can do analyzing the park files directly.
    • CommentAuthorBlaseRhine

This looks amazing so far! You both collab so well together.I do have a question. Are you both scripting the dark ride section characters to move around? Such as one of the patients laying in the hospital bed and being scripted to leap up towards the train? I don't even know if that's possible but that would be amazing to see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

@Phyter Thank you for all of those tips, and we are very pleased to here you cant wait for it to be released! We will do our best to optimise the lighting as best as possible.

@BlaseRhine Thank you so much, and yes we have done so far, we both have areas which we both lack on, and the other person usually is good at it (for example, I can't script, however TheCodeMaster can very well, as you would probably know, with all of his great work with No Limits). Regarding the scripting, I will ask TheCodeMaster about if it is possible. It would be great if we could, however it may not be possible (it's still very detailed and is fine without it, but thanks for the idea, maybe soon!).
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2014

Even if it's not possible. I am almost certain this ride will still come out great. The amount of detail put in is outstanding! If it is possible then I believe it would add an extra effect to the coaster and to a rider it would feel to them like they are more in danger. Once again great job so far. Can't wait to see the final product.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Lose*
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

No offense intended, but it looks like you guys could use some help with your visuals (ex. the billboard imagery).

Any chance I could help out? I'd also volunteer to make some on-board audio for ya'll.

This project has a lot of potential, I hope it comes through.

1-800-head-ache... I think you got to many numbers there, lol. Anyway looks amazing so far but the outside looks a little bit bland. Maybe add some grass and trees and stuff or make the windows have a blue tint. Might look a little better.

•  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

@thebeatles thank you for your offer, and I will re do the billboard (TheCodeMaster made the other one, with a basic design, and I will make it more realistic)

@coasterguy2000 we havnt even started on the outside area yet!
    @coasterguy2000 we havnt even started on the outside area yet!

Ok, just making sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2014 edited

As we are nearing the end of our project (we think...), we have made some teaser posters of BioHazard. We won't reveal too much until we have everything sorted out, but you may be able to gather some clues as to what we have done since the last update, however we are only just started on the outside... (and there is A LOT more than what is shown here...)

ggddffhh & TheCodeMaster

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox

You should switch your pics to markdown as HTML is broken. Here is the format.

![](Link Here)

Also I think you should rethink the zombie pictures on the rides as it might be a little too much for some people.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

I've not got a problem with HTML...and I think the images look great, so excited for this coaster!

Works fine for me, It's probably your computer.

•  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2014 edited

UPDATE: Thanks for your nice comments guys. I dont know what happened to the HTML for you @aw555000 ? Is it working now?

The files have been sent back to me (you have probably noticed our system by ow) and I have been working on completing the model, by adding lots of small details, such as the ride signs (in pictures later in the post).

I am debating weather to make a surrounding area for the ride, for added realism, but this will extend the project hugely (the area is already pretty big).

TheCodeMaster and myself have decided that we will release this ride (hopefully) in two ways. The first will just be the track. No scenery. The other will be the full package, scenery, scripting,lights,train effects, etc, but as you can tell, the file will be huge. The model alone (only the outside, as we have split it up into many sections for optimisation), is over 100mb, meaning that wen finished, and everything is put together, the file will be almost half a gigabyte, which is huge. We are leaving it up to you how seriously you want to view this project. On the other hand, we may decide to release a track and model version, with no lights or effects, to hopefully allow you to get the idea for the ride yourself, yet you should be able to run the package decently.

Onto the updates of the ride...

The outside ride area is almost complete. I need to add some more details, such as more buildings. Eventually, TheCodeMaster will add effects such as fire, smoke and lights.

Here are some pictures...

The two signs at the entrance to the queue line.

A close up of the information sign.

Details are being added throughout the ride for added realism.

The view from the plaza. There is a billboard, however it is not part of the section I am working on (read above for explanation about the separate files).

This is one of the main features of the outside area. The riders will smash through the church at out through the roof, providing two near miss elements. This is a work in progress.

View from the other side of the area. You should be able to tell that this ride is HUGE.

The queue line in its present state. Signs and television screens will be added.

The whole area.

A big update for you guys, hope you liked it, and are still pleased with how the ride is. Please leave any questions you have or any feedback, and that would be great :)

ggddffhh & TheCodeMaster

looks fantastical!

• CommentTimeOct 13th 2014

Wow this looks fantastic. I am blown away by the amount of realism in this.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2014

Wow, that scenery is amazing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2014

This is so incredible guys!
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2014 edited

Thanks everyone! I am creating a little teaser trailer for you all ;)

Here's a different teaser... We are testing parts in No Limits 2...

•  
      CommentAuthorDonidia
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2014

Looks amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2014

UPDATE: After a lot of editing, I have edited together a trailer for you all. Hope you like it. The project is really starting to come together. Any feedback is welcome!

ggddffhh & TheCodeMaster

BIOHAZARD - Trailer
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2014

dat skybox, awesome! perfect for the ride.
    Can't wait to the release.!