Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2017

Awesome work! It was really cool seeing the resurrected so well. Should've waited a couple of days for the roundup though, surely this would've placed high!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2017

If you could also remake Breaking Point that would be great! That was always one of my favorite NL creations.
    ^^ I don't believe this would have been eligible for R200, as CG did the video and secretimbile did the ride. I think for major roundups both components must be from the same person.

^Oh dang, you're right. I was fairly certain the only criteria is that you made the video.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDC High Heat
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2017 edited

Hi NemesisRider! *waves*

Love all this, thanks to secretimbicile and CG Coasters for bringing Cypher III to life in NL2!
    So you may remember this holograph texture from the original Cypher III:

Being NL1, it was just displayed as a static billboard polygon, but I still remember it being a really neat end-of-ride addition. When I ported the holograph object over to NL2, I originally used the same texture, and set it as an autosprite so it always faced the viewer. This was a little better, but it still looked a bit too flat. In the end, I decided to make a 3D recreation of the object. I just had to remember that this project was never going to be a full remaster, and not to get carried away with the new version.

I got carried away.

Well, I just can't resist making this comparison. This screenshot is now in use as the loading screen image for the park.

(7 years since the original release, in case you were wondering)
    That's my #1 coolest new feature that you added/updated. #2 I think is the benches...they're so nice...guys wait til you see the benches haha.

HA. That's incredible, excellent work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2017 edited

Wow that really does show the difference there, doesn't it? I don't remember the NL1 version looking that old school... or should I say NL2 looking so spectacular. Excellent refurbishment, nice video. (Solar Fields!!! <3)
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2017

I can't remember NL1 being so gray.
    It makes you realize how much better the NL2 graphics actually are.
    Yeah the shadows in particular really add the contrast that NL needed to make the graphics pop.