Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormkj3322
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2014 edited

After demolishing the chiller coaster, SFGADV left a wide open area desolate and blocked off from the rest of the park. The chillers station remains in place to this day. I feel that it would be awesome to use this existing station and surrounding area for a multiple launch coaster. With some added themes, this area could be based on Arkham Asylum as it is located near other batman coasters. Here is a picture of my original idea vs. what I am working on now. Note that the theme elements I am putting in place for this ride follow Six Flags tendency to use comic cutouts and such.

Keep in mind that the track itself is nowhere near completed but rather just laid out so that I can work on it. I am struggling to make some of the elements more realistic but I will work on them.
    •  
      CommentAuthormkj3322
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014

Apologies for the second post but I was working on supports for the top-hat and wanted to share. I kind of like this element so far but shaping may be off.

Looking good, be sure to use the correct track connectors. I love the scenery!
    •  
      CommentAuthormkj3322
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2014 edited

Just a small update. I need to make the dark knight station for scenery as this ride would pass close by. The small amounts of pavement are there because it is visible on Google maps. Some plans for the ride have changed since that initial overview picture that I posted.

• CommentAuthorarktic2
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2014

you should also make some parts indoors, like the second launch and maybe even have parts weaving in and out of buildings like superman the escape in australia does,

even make a pre launch going through the cells and show case some coding where sirens are going off and you feel like batman taking down the villains or just trying to flee from them..

just my 2 cents :)
    •  
      CommentAuthormkj3322
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2014 edited

^Well the second launch is indoors with eventual props. I really like your ideas and it sounds like it would make for great improvements. However, the only reason I have not included too much scenery as of yet is the fact that six flags usually does a poor job of adding theme to their coasters. I do plan on adding more to the ride though so I will take your ideas into consideration. The second launch room does have room for cells :D

Here's the dark knight added with some trees and a symbol mounted to the wall.

Came up with a ride story line also.

Gotham is in danger as villains manage to break free from Arkham Asylum. On Batman's biggest mission, quickly exit headquarters on your way to Arkham Asylum. Swoop past buildings, raid a power plant, and approach enemies as you approach the prison. Blast through the walls of the prison in an attempt to catch more villains. As you fly past prison cells, you enter the rides signature top-hat. Continue your journey and catch all of Batman's villains to save the city.

No need to quote the last comment, everyone can see it right above your own comment - Staff
    •  
      CommentAuthormkj3322
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2014 edited

Just wanted to post the final video for this project. Was willing to finish it off and move on. Apologies for the rather poor video quality as I have yet to master videos. The ride itself was a nice intro to making mack coasters for me and I will work on making smoother ones in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN9qXEOnxd8&list=UUGQgchsCnIoD5T1Rhh4mNRw