Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorForceWorks
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014 edited

First post of my own work here, and figured it was time to go ahead and make a darn thread for whatever I happen to show (I have a couple things in the works)
    first project is a recreation, and definitely a WIP. my drop SERIOUSLY needs help!

definitely will take any constructive feedback. I am doing handbuilding only as I work on my FVD++ skills (taking a while...) and my 3Ds skills (also taking a while)
    Well, you're going to have to show a bit more if you want some feedback =S
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014

Posted By: secretimbecileWell, you're going to have to show a bit more if you want some feedback =S

If you want a certain view, let me know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014

Well, to start, it would help if you showed us a few pics of the drop.

That said, it already looks like the entrance to your lift is too low. The sort of plateau before the lift starts should be a bit higher relative to the s-bend after the station. About 2/3 of the way through that right-hand turn before the lift it pitches up and rises a few feet.
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014 edited

Posted By: BBSpeed26Well, to start, it would help if you showed us a few pics of the drop.

That said, it already looks like the entrance to your lift is too low. The sort of plateau before the lift starts should be a bit higher relative to the s-bend after the station. About 2/3 of the way through that right-hand turn before the lift it pitches up and rises a few feet.

That is actually is close to it can be on the real Dominator. The lift entrance is noticeable several feet below the station.

Here we go, 2 more shots of the lift, and one of the pre lift section to show the height difference between station and lift.

This drop is stressing me out thanks to THESE images:

• CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014

Yeah your drop is pretty far off. It shouldn't be as steep as you start curving, and a majority of the turn on the drop should be while descending. On your version it looks like it turns, then drops. Also, it banks much quicker, futher, and earlier at the top IRL. I've made a recreation of this myself that I have sitting somewhere, and I can say that the most trouble I had was with the drop and the ending bit, so good luck.
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014

I'm ripping my hair out. I just can't get a good comparison IN editor against these images.
    unless someone knows a way to overlay while in perspective?
    It'd help if your shots were taken while the coaster is frozen or in the simulator. It's very difficult to judge wireframe.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014

If you shape your drop off of a bird's eye view initially, then use different perspective pics AND on-ride POV's to adjust it, you should be golden. That's what I seem to find easiest.
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014 edited

Posted By: BrawlyIf you shape your drop off of a bird's eye view initially, then use different perspective pics AND on-ride POV's to adjust it, you should be golden. That's what I seem to find easiest.

I have been going back and forth through about 12 pics and 2 videos. I'll get it, might start the drop from scratch from a different angle though.
    One of the other things that I am working on is one of my home parks...

This one is definitely a teaser:
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014

Fiesta Texas?

...so, that could be very cool and all, but be sure to ask permission from Phyter to use Joker's Jinx as Poltergeist. The way you've presented those pictures without comment is indeed a tease... but it kiiiiiiinda makes it seem like you're trying to take credit for work that isn't yours. I'm guessing that goes for the Wind Seeker model as well.

Accuracy-wise, I feel like I should point out that SkyScreamer is a Funtime Star Flyer, and the model you have there is a Mondial Wind Seeker. Very different rides, despite that they both involve swings and tall towers. If this is indeed SFFT, you're going to want to model/script or have someone model/script a Star Flyer.

• CommentTimeAug 15th 2014 edited

Give it another few days and all credit where credit is due. As far as the Mondial, scripting is not my forte so its definitely a placeholder until I learn.
    I wasn't sure if this Joker's Jinx model was Phyter's. I knew the Flight of Fear model was, great to know! Definitely credit to him on that, I am using his support structure as a model while I do trackwork in the NL2 engine, so far so good there, then

MGrides park set is hugely awesome looking. I've used his chair swing, his enterprise and swinging ship (THEY'RE RECOLOR-ABLE!!!) and his shot'n'drops.
    the Mondial is from Projektion490, and looks amazing. (I may do my own SkyScreamer but that will be after a LOT of learning!)
    More to come, Dominator is still going on in the background.

UPDATE edit:
    re-track work on Poltergeist from @Phyter 's AMAZING recreation finished earlier today, and supports are going. I am fairly happy with how this is turning out (It's TEDIOUS', I HATE it, and I've only done 3...)

ANY suggestions that anyone has on anything is super appreciated.
    @Phyter, forgive me for doing some cosmetic surgery on your track!

also....does anyone want a new Boomerang track (a little closer to real specs/supports and run through that the NL 1.x version)?
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2014

All right guys.
    I am still plugging along on updating the supports to the LIM shuttle (@Phyter's Flight of Fear/Joker's Jinx) rebranded as Poltergeist.
    In the meantime here is a dropbox link to the updated boomerang coaster.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d8t2wo65krlm889/AACwrOysGfAyZ5eqaroLj1Voa?dl=0
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2014 edited

I'm in the editor so much I forget how gorgeous NL2 makes everything look. And I found a logo!

Please resize your images per the forum rules
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2014

you're pics are gigantic, please re-size them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2014 edited

If I may give you some slightly critical feedback that will hopefully help:

It helps if you show us a little progress in your updates. You're not getting much response/commentary because you're not really showing us anything that you've actually made, or anything that looks like progress. What we can see... well, let's review. In the last few updates we've seen... insides of default NL2 stations with nothing really visible in the background. Closeups of support parts that are built into the game. Yeah, the LIM models in NL2 look nice, but worthy of a photo update? Your Poltergeist launch is tunneled with a stock wooden tunnel, and I can see from the picture that it extends to the end of the LIMs, which isn't true of the Poltergeist launch tunnel. Plus, the track and supports for the ride are actually Phyter's, and it's 1) not really apparent that you have permission to use it (even though you've credited him) and 2) it's not really apparent what you've done to it in the first place to make it "NL2 ready" or whatever. Did you make the boomerang or is it the one that comes with NL? Is Goliath yours or someone else's Batman recreation that's been imported and recolored?

I don't mean to be harsh, but that's what I (and very likely many others) am thinking when I open up this topic.

Show us that you're doing things right. If you're not sure how, ask us. When you have an update, show that you're making progress. Ask for feedback - we'll happily give it. Hell, there may even be people here that would love to collaborate on a project this large. Buuuuut if you're wondering why this topic doesn't seem to go anywhere when you update it... there it is.