Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormarcolli
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2014

Hi everyone!I've been following the threads on here for a couple of weeks and the community looks really good so I thought I'd join! :) I've just finished my first year studying engineering and have recently got back into nolimits since the release of NL2. I made quite a few NL1 coasters but never got into much beyond the actual track work. I've learned some 3D modelling and programming this year, and become more patient so hopefully I will be able to produce much more complete projects, and hopefully being part of the community will help with this :)

I've been interested in roller coasters for some years now, but I've only had a chance to ride a few in the UK. Hopefully in the near future I'll be able to visit some of the big American parks.

I look forward to joining the community :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2014

Welcome to the community!

Mind me asking if we could see your NL1 coasters?

and what's your home park?
    Welcome! Another brit to add to the list! Welcome aboard!
    • CommentAuthormarcolli
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2014 edited

Thanks for the welcome!

^^ Here is my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/kukubird210/ I haven't touched NL since over 3 years ago and looking back now I never spent enough time on my coasters, and used lots of prefab elements and supports. I think I had some good ideas/layouts but never had the patience to really make anything special. Bear in mind I was 15 or so when making those so don't give me too much stick ;) Already with my first NL2 coaster I'm spending a lot more time on the details and everything :)

I'm from London and study in Southampton so I would definitely say Thorpe Park :)

^ Thanks! Where in Britain are you from?
    I'm from Crawley (near Gatwick) but I'm currently staying in Camden Town, in London.
    • CommentAuthormarcolli
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2014

ah I live in West Hampstead, not far at all from Camden Town, go there quite often for the markets :) Love the place
    As do I. It's a brilliant place to be. My gran has a flat between the market and regents park. Perfect spot lol
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

Welcome to the forums from another Brit here, my home park is also Thorpe (even though I like around an hour from it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Welcome!
    Welcome to the forums, let me know if you have any problems. I'm also a Brit, and I live on the Isle of Portland at the moment, Thorpe has always been my local park and continues to be. But I haven't been since The Swarm opening day. Check out the forums usage guide for anything you might be unclear on, or drop me a whisper.
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711

Welcome from South East Cheshire! My local park being Alton Towers. The only 2 parks I have ever visited are towers and pleasure beach though sadly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2014 edited

I'm from the Kettering, Northamptonshire, smack centre in between Thorpe and Alton. About an hour drive from both, give or take. About a 5 minutes drive from Wicksteed ghettoland.

I've been to pretty much all parks in the UK, par Pleasure Island.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

^^DJD you must visit Thorpe its awesome! though imo AT is the best!