Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2014 edited

Announcement: NoLimits 2 has been released on the Steam marketplace!

Link to Store Page

I personally can't wait to get the key just so I can rate it. The battle between NoLimits 2 and Theme Park Studio has begun! ;)
    • CommentAuthorfrutiemax
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2014

Very nice, I hope they make some steam integrated interface with workshop so rides can be shared directly via Steam. It would be amazing.

Wait How do you get a Key?

•  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

Only $39.99? Is this just the normal basic version?
    • CommentAuthorDanKruga

Mac version next?!?
    Posted By: Bolt789Only $39.99? Is this just the normal basic version?

Yes it is, they say over on their Facebook page that the Pro version will be coming soon.

I wonder/was hoping if there will be a new update with a couple more rides to coincide with the steam release?
    Posted By: CoasterGuy2000

Wait How do you get a Key?

After things settle down, you'll probably get a key for the Steam version if you already purchased the regular version prior. If you haven't bought it yet, then you'd just buy it on Steam.

BTW, when we all get squared away with these, I'd like everyone who participated in the Five Hours of Power contest to potentially upload their rides to the Workshop. I'm working on a quick 5HP video for the devs to use on their store page to showcase how fast and easy it is to build a ride in NoLimits 2. Since the video isn't long enough to show everyone's rides easily, I'll likely have something at the end that tells viewers where they can see the rest of the entries. Although I'd like to see new traffic here, NoLimits-Exchange requires ratings and I think it'd be better to tell new casual users to browse and download from the Workshop.

But we'll see, it's still being worked on and I don't even know if the devs have the Workshop online yet.
    • CommentAuthorarktic2

so now that this is out of the way, can we all get a update to nl2 that features new trains and track :) please
    im thinking a strata wing rider would be epic if they could put wing riders in soon
    • CommentAuthorfrutiemax

You can send an email to the no limits coaster support to get a steam key. They gave it to me like an hour ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2014

Posted By: arktic2so now that this is out of the way, can we all get a update to nl2 that features new trains and track :) please
    im thinking a strata wing rider would be epic if they could put wing riders in soon

^This

weren't wing riders supposed to be like the first update to nl2 anyways? I understand they had to fix all the bugs though. I just hope a new update is soon.
    I'm guessing it's gonna be out as soon as they finish the X-train.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2014 edited

Posted By: arktic2im thinking a strata wing rider would be epic if they could put wing riders in soon

B*tch please, I want the inverted spinning X-car coaster!!

... This thing is no joke. And was actually already made in NL1! :O Look. The prefab is giving it away. HA!
    That's wrong in so many ways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Thanks for the support everyone! Let's show the world of Steam what you have been up to the last 8 1/2 months. Please post your favorite screen shots, videos, and post a review. Let's show everyone how awesome, welcoming, supportive, and friendly this community is!

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy

Congratulations on the release, guys! I'm a little afraid our little community will get a lot larger, but I guess it'll be good in the end.
    Posted By: DanKrugaMac version next?!?

I'm with ya buddy :( I know it's selfish and probably obnoxious to keep bringing it up but, as cool as it would be to see new trains or improved graphics etc. I'd just like to play the game like everyone else has been for 8 1/2 months. At least a "yes we are working on a Mac version" or a "no buy a new computer" would be appreciated... :/
    • CommentAuthorElvenage

They always remind us they're constantly working on a Mac version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

And in case you missed it elsewhere...

Yes, we are working on the Mac version. Yes we will continue to optimize and improve the engine. Will we improve it enough to get those integrated Intel HD graphics cards to perform like the recommended cards? No, not possible. There's only so many optimizations we can do before you need to upgrade an underpowered PC. You can improve the gas mileage of your giant SUV by taking out excess cargo and not towing a boat. Or you can buy a smaller and more efficient car that will perform much better and get better mileage at the same time. We can only do so much to help you with that boat your towing.

Time for a new PC. ;)

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorole

Mac: NL2 works greating using Parallels
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny

Has anyone tried NL2 on a Linux platform with wine yet?
    • CommentAuthorarktic2
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2014 edited

Posted By: altlennyHas anyone tried NL2 on a Linux platform with wine yet?

if it works then im putting ubuntu on my samsung galaxy note pro 12.2 just so i can run nl2 on the go XD
    • CommentAuthorx14u2cx

Posted By: altlennyHas anyone tried NL2 on a Linux platform with wine yet?

I attempted to do it with Crossover 13 on OS X (still uses a Wine implementation of sorts), they were not fans of each other :'(
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2014

Updates! Workshop is now integrated into the Steam version as are Pro features. Got a Pro version of NL2 installed? Email our support team at nolimits@nolimitscoaster.com for a free Steam license and you'll get all your Pro features available in Steam. Post your projects, posters, screens, and videos on Steam and help show those folks everything you can do with NL2!

-Ride_Op
    Just sent an e-mail, I cant wait to put it on steam!
    Great news =D
    Let's add my NL2 pro license to my steam library :P
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny

Email sent, although mine is for the regular version
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

I sent mine a couple days ago, how long should it take?
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Depends on the volume of requests as each has to be processed manually to verify registration info and the requests are worked first come, first served. You can help by emailing from the email you registered with or providing it and your registration key for quick validation.

Thanks for your patience!

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2014 edited

I had to hard reset my computer a couple months back and lost my key, I still have the order confirmation e-mail however with the order # on it and everything, If I send another e-mail with that info, will it be valid proof of purchase?
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Yup, that works, we can look up your registration information that way.

Once you join up on Steam, please help us out and write a review of NL2. We don't have that many so far and it would be great to see what everyone thinks of it there. Thanks folks!

-Ride_Op
    Just sent my email for steam key - will definitely write a review for you guys.
    • CommentAuthorsalomo
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2014

I will write sth too ;)
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny

Thanks for the key guys!! I'll be sure to start creating and uploading soon!
    • CommentAuthorsalomo

Thanks also for the key!!!
    I will also write a review ;)
    • CommentAuthorspinba11
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2014

I'm being thick, where do I put the key in?
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse

In Steam, go to your Library. At the top click on "Games"->"Activate a Product on Steam". Go through the dialog and enter your key when prompted.
    • CommentAuthorspinba11

Thanks, there was no need to download the demo was there.
    I get "Cannot create item. Error Code 24" when trying to submit a park on Steam, does anyone know the problem?
    I believe you're supposed to send an email to NL support when you get an unexplained error code
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014

Did you include a jpeg image set to be the park preview image? If not you will need to do so to upload to Steam. We recommend 1024x768 resolution.

-Ride_Op
    Yeah, that's been included, a 1024 x 706 resolution jpeg, but all I get is the same error code :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2014

Is the screen in the same folder as the park file? If yes, please email the issue and park to our support team to investigate further: nolimits@nolimitscoaster.com

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorole
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2014

Numbered error codes are coming from Steam. Code 24 meains "Insufficient privilege". I have no idea what that means and why it happens. Ask someone from Steam.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

Workshop uploads are only accessible by direct links. None are appearing in the "recent" section.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwjw42

In Steam, are you logged in offline? I noticed once when I couldn't connect to the servers I logged in offline, but then the workshop stuff wasn't there. Logged in later, online, and they were there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2014 edited

I tried it out with a test upload and it was not displayed on the workshop page, too. But I guess the steam team has to fix this, not the nl devs.
    And because I was not able to log in for some time to steam this weekend I guess there might be a general steam server problem.
    • CommentAuthorMikey714
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2014 edited

can I download the coasters without buying it from steam cause I already have it

and if I can download the coasters than how
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2014

You need the Steam version to download Steam Workshop parks. Good news! Email our support team at nolimits@nolimitscoaster.com and we will send you a free Steam license once we validate your registration.

Once inside Steam you subscribe to the project of your choice and it is automatically downloaded. The NoLimits 2 Steam Edition file browser adds a Steam Workshop section to hold all of your workshop downloaded parks.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2014

Valve has not officially confirmed it yet, but there are scores of users reporting trouble. Workshop appears to be down at the moment. We'll monitor and advise once it is back up and running.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2015

Hi folks,

Self professed professional loudmouth Jack Septic Eye is a YouTube entertainer/commenter with a nearly 2.7 million subscriber following. Recently Jack made a couple of videos showcasing multiple NoLimits 2 projects, combining immersive Oculus Rift experiences with his patented brand of Irish enthusiasm [WARNING: Adult Language]:

MOST REALISTIC ROLLER COASTERS | No Limits 2 (Oculus Rift DK2)
    JACKSEPTICOASTER | No Limits 2 (Oculus Rift DK2) #2

Jack browses for new coasters to try in our Steam Workshop. Want to see him scream and laugh his way though your project? Upload it to the Workshop now! Lately we've seen the quality of Workshop submissions drop some (especially since his fans have shown up dropping off hastily made coasters designed only to catch his eye). Let's see all the great work you guys do out here get posted to Workshop!

Don't have a Steam License? Email our support team at nolimits@nolimitscoaster.com so we can validate your registration and give you a free Steam license. Then you can upload all of your kick-ass projects to Steam and who knows, maybe Jack will ride your coaster in a future video!

While you're over at our Steam page, please leave us a review. We're currently rated positive with 40 up votes. We'd like to be rated overwhelmingly positive and need more real reviews from our biggest fans. Tell the world the best simulator ever made is NoLimits 2!

-Ride_Op