Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorDBonner13
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2014 edited

A guitarist I enjoy named Buckethead has released a few albums in the past with different coasters on the covers, including Volcano. There are some album covers in which I can't seem to find what ride it is on the cover. Maybe they're fictional, but I'm posting them here in hopes that somebody might find them.
    Rockin' Roller Coaster, Racer and Beast, Corkscrew
    • CommentAuthorDBonner13
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2014

I agree with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Racer and Corkscrew. However, I don't really see Beast in the 2nd picture, as beast doesn't have a sign like the one at the top of the hill like that one does, nor is it as steep.
    Also, aren't there 3 different coasters in the last picture?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2014 edited

Here's the first cover unedited. That's a construction pic, lol.

From R'n'RC at the WDS (Paris).

But the second one isn't Racer, look:

Supports are different.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2014

The woodie peeking in on the left in the 3rd cover looks like either Mean Streak or Texas Giant.
    Second one looks like Derby Racer and Thriller from Euclid Beach.
    :'( RIP Euclid Beach.
    • CommentAuthorDBonner13
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2015

I'm back with multiple new album covers that I question what rides are on. The one I'm most curious about, though is Sunken Parlor by Bucketheadland. I'm almost certain this is an old Arrow, but does anybody know what ride it might be?
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

Looks like one of those Meisho shuttle coasters, though I don't know which one.

RCDB link
    Could be that Vanish Coaster???
    • CommentAuthorDBonner13

Just so everybody knows, there will be multiple other images uploaded over the next few days.
    That's definitely an arrow of some type, can't tell what it is from that small and generic of a track section it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2015

The more I look at it, the more certain I am that it's one of those Meisho shuttle coasters. The chain and platform matches perfectly, and the support style is identical. Also after the bit of flat track on these shuttle coasters the track goes upwards a little. This part of the track can be seen both on the track on the left side and the track on the top of the cover.
    ^Supports and track type don.t match at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2015 edited

^Really?? Because I'm almost certain I found the picture that is used on the album cover, and it's indeed a Meisho shuttle coaster. To be more exact, it's Roller Coaster at Jin Jiang Action Park in Shanghai, China. You can see the building in the background that is in the exact same position in relation to the coaster in the album cover.

Here is the picture LINK
    Those shuttles have supports that slant inward at the top, the picture doesn't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

Yes, it does. However the picture in the album cover is compressed horizontally, making it less obvious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: viking86Here is the pictureLINK

This is definitely that picture! Well done viking.
    Sorry for the bump but I figured this would be the best place to post this...

I was watching Psych on my lunch break at work today (great show, by the way) one of the epsiodes takes place at a fair/carnival. You get glimpses of a couple coasters in the episode, but not long enough for me to figure out what/where they are.

https://gyazo.com/765046c2f29069355804a48712131445
    The red and blue coaster in the bottom corner of this picture is obviously an SLC, but the other coasters in this image I have no idea what they are...

https://gyazo.com/cf27c264706e23ab9f60f74ed40d02b7
    This coaster was also supposedly at the same location but based on the first picture I doubt it. Also have no idea.

https://gyazo.com/3afd9abd44dbda831d07daee5d64f415
    And here is I think a THIRD coaster (also at the "same location") (yes I know that TV shows rarely actually film all in one place). I'm confident this is not the same wooden coaster in the first picture because the color/style doesnt match up.

Any ideas guys? BTW this was S5E11 of Psych if you were wondering.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2016 edited

The second and third pictures are Playland in Vancouver (which was also featured in Final Destination 3). Still searching for the first one.

Edit: And the first one is Southport Pleasureland in England!
    Wow you're the man, King! The funny part is that they say the show takes place in Santa Barbara, and I always assumed they filmed in the US hahahaha
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2016 edited

Glad I could help. =)

I got one myself : I started watching The 100, which is great by the way, and during the opening credits of Season 2 we can spot what looks like a SLC (with upsidown track, duh?)

00:18 - 00:21

My guess would be Mayan Adventure, but I'm not sure.

(please no spoilers!!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2016

Another one!

Can you help me find this coaster? This blurred screenshot is a picture on the wall at Inautec (they work for Intamin), as seen in this video.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^Maybe you can post it to "Guess the Coaster" ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I thought of that, but to do so I'd have to guess TheDarkStar's one and I have no idea what is it. x)

... as I have no idea for this one neither, so I'd be a bad game master. ;p