Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hello community,
    I'm not new to the forums and have been using it for quite a while but with a different user name. I haven't finished a single ride for a long, long time so i decided to try out sth. new to gain and keep up the motivation and creativity. So here I am:

What is DezignConcepts?
    DezignConcepts is a virtual company ''selling'' coaster concepts and ride ideas to Parks.
    Let's say a park want's to build a new ride and they only decided where to put it and what ride type/coaster type it should be. They contact me and I'll do everything from the scrath to the finished product. This means:
    Finding a name, logo design, Layout design, theming, construction and so on.
    I'm going to present all rides in this thread with a white environment and only few .3ds to Keep it as simple, clean and professional as possible.

And here it is! My first project:
    First one is a B&M Giga, heavily inspired by Fury325 coming to Carowinds in 2015. It's in a very early stage at the moment. Only trackwork and the logo are final. Supports need some more love.

^Logo

^Layout

Comments, questions and feedback are requested.
    DezignConcepts
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2014

Looks cool, but the "z" is killing me. Also, maybe add another camelback instead of having such a long break run
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

It's literally Fury 325 as I wished it would be! Better flow throughout the layout, height above the 100m (Fury is 99m!! So frustrating lol), overbanked S-turns, no helix of boredom... Plus, the presentation of the layout à la B&M is top-notch. ;)
    • CommentAuthorMGCD

Looks very cool man. I like the presentation, but i do agree with Beatles about the z. Not a deal breaker, but your name would sound way more professional with proper spelling.
    I love that logo! The layout seems very agile and varied, which is nice for a giga coaster. The brake run is indeed a bit long, again not a deal breaker, but maybe consider adding another airtime hill like Beatles suggested.
    97 mph top speed hell yeah, sounds just about right for an intense ride.
    Is that shape below the bottom of the lift hill a motor detail? If so, very nice, that detail will definitely add some realism to the ride.
    Look forward to seeing more from you!
    Let's see some pics in an environment please :)
    Nice presentation, the "Z" is killing the vibe though, I like the layout quite a bit compared to current giga's. Keep the long brake run, B&M has to keep the decency of a ride in check by having a 100m brake run. Maybe a few more angles for shaping purposes (the drop) and about the trim, booooooooooo! Looks good though!
    • CommentAuthorB&M101
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2014

Amazing ride. Everything looks great, but it would be awesome if you did what all of us wanted in F325, put in some giant airtime hill over 230ft!
    Posted By: TheBeatlesLooks cool, but the "z" is killing me. Also, maybe add another camelback instead of having such a long break run

I was thinking about it for quite a long time but i decided to go for the ''z'' because it's sth. remererable and ''unique''. I must admit it's a bit curious but actually I kind of like it. And hey, it's still just for fun. So whatever ;-)
    The brake run indeed is very long but it's absolutely required. The train enters the brake run with about 58mph/93km/h and slows down with an acceleration of -0.8/-0.9G's. This results in a brake run lenght of 63m which is approximately 2.5 times the length of the train. The transfer table is 26m long. So all togehter ~90m which should be pretty ok?!

Posted By: KingRCT3It's literally Fury 325 as I wished it would be! Better flow throughout the layout, height above the 100m (Fury is 99m!! So frustrating lol), overbanked S-turns, no helix of boredom... Plus, the presentation of the layoutà laB&M is top-notch. ;)

Thanks a lot!

Posted By: monster14042... Maybe a few more angles for shaping purposes (the drop) and about the trim, booooooooooo! Looks good though!

Whats wrong about the drop angle? Fury's drop angle is 81°, Titan's is exact 81,78°.
    The trim is actually not necessary at all. It can be removed without having influence on the ride experience.

Thanks for your comments and stay tuned for more!
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

I think monster14042 meant "... maybe a few more angles" as in more pictures, of the drop in particular. I personally would like a POV of the ride!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

The ride looks great so far, although I'm not 100% sure about how inspired it is by Fury. The layouts are very similar, and I feel there's room here for more uniqueness/originality. If you wish to build a slightly modified Fury, however, I agree that some more giant camelbacks would be nice to see.

May I ask how one goes about calculating the exact angle of a drop as you have done?
    ^You can likely just go to side view (if your drop is on an axis, of course) and either do some light trigonometry. Or just throw a protractor on the screen lol. Or if you have it in FVD it will tell you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

Thanks, never thought of a protractor, that's actually pretty clever.
    For the drop agle i just took a look into Newton2.

Posted By: ggddffhhI think monster14042 meant "... maybe a few more angles" as in more pictures, of the drop in particular. I personally would like a POV of the ride!

Oh sorry! I didn't get that :D Here you go monster14042:

Some additional shots:

Image sizes reduced to 1000 pixels wide, as per the forum rules - Staff
    • CommentAuthorMilBee
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014

It's interesting that you used the trains with the staggered seats. The only problem I see is the support at the bottom of the first drop. It doesn't really look that good and I think you should connect supports to the spine like on all the B&M giga's.
    ^fixed the bottom support
    I was playing around with the light pattern creator for the first time today and thanks to TheCodeMaster i managed to get this. Nothing too special, but i'll definately work on that.
    Small update on Titan 335 and a little something I'm working on as a side Project.

^Titan 335

^The Swarm - Thorpe Park (Track needs a lot of tweaking)

@TheCodeMaster: If you are reading this i'd like to ask if I could possibly use your Wingrider trains?