Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorole
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2015

Very cool! Good use of the setPitch method :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2015

New update:
    The light system has been programmed, this video shows it in action for the Break Dance 3.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2015

This will be perfect for my parking lot carnival!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2015 edited

OH MY GOD IT'S SO AWESOME! I JUST PEED MYSELF!

Also, I guess I am doing something wrong with the Beta release:
    I get this:

Waiting for scripts to finish...
    Error in File '..\nl2breaker\BreakDance-Set\panel.nlvm' in Line 29: Syntax error
    ...1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    Plate script active
    setTrans
    Walk View
    Press H for Quick Help
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2015

There's a false comma at the end of line 28(!) of the mentioned file, this false comma seems only to be detected since the last update. I thought I've updated all uploads but for the case I've missed something just delete it manually and it should work fine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2015

Update!
    I've successfully tested an alternative keyboard input method for the operator who wants to transcode the input of his special hardware into a 5 bit keyboard input to increase the fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2015 edited

Sorry for triple posting but it might be interesting for you that there is a Beta Release now! Please choose the workshop as the first choice and use this Dropbox Link only if do not have the steam version of NoLimits 2.

It includes the BreakDance 3 and BreakDance 4 (aka as Rodeo or ASR) base, the most common cross style and the most common gondola style as well as different paintings for the objects.

Please report bugs and I will be happy about feedback mainly about the performance, the usability and if the instructions were understandable.

Enjoy!
    Control panel operation with Kontrol2 here I come :D (well, when I get the Kontrol2, which is soon)

By the way, where do workshop items get saved to if they aren't a park? I couldn't work it out with your light set either.
    • CommentAuthornannerdw

It looks great, but I wish the UV maps re-used the textures more. An 8k platform texture with the same "Stop/Danger" section repeated 10 times seems really unnecessary.
    I don't want to see a whole bunch of people trying to re-use a 200+ MB flat ride in their parks if it can be avoided.
    Are you planning to make to make a file size optimized version?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

This is really something that I was also very concerned about and I agree with you to that point that at least some real world rides use paintings that do not allow any repetition of textures. Therefore I did not want to restrict the possibilities by the uv map of the models and I did not want the textures to become washy when you're standing on the ride. The way the textures are at the moment is the only way I a could achieve both of this since nl2 does not support multiple uv maps currently.
    I tested it in different environments and because the load times and overall file size was the only negative influence I could recognize I greenlighted it.

But I will think about adding 3d model versions with a more resource friendly uv layout since you are totally right for specific use cases.

@Coasterfan123
    These are package file as every other park, too and you should it find under the Steam Workshop category in NL2. You have to extract the package in the editor to use the scene objects.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2015

The update looks fantastic bestdani. Solid work.
    I don't know why I have so much trouble, but I placed everything, named all the objects, and nothing moves in the simulator. No errors, which is really weird. Now back to double check everything.
    @bestdani: Got my Kontrol, but, uh, could you send me the GlovePIE script or something? I have literally no idea how to use it.
    Hey bestdani, I was wanting to add a sound effect to your awesome turnstile but when I looked at the script my brain pretty much exploded. I see the orientation of the turnstile is updated each tick based on the player position. How would I go about having a static sound play when the turnstile starts to turn (so I suppose when the player is within a certain distance)? I have a nice clean sound effect I could send to you if you'd like to add it yourself instead.

P.S. The Break Dance looks epic, we are not worthy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2015

Hi, there's actually a sound playing already once the turnstile starts to move, do you have the latest version? You can just try to replace the move.wav file, this should be the simplest solution. When the sound is free to use, I could update it and make it the default sound.

I'm glad you like it and the Break Dance.

(By the way, I've started a thread for all my little objects).
    Does anyone know how to change the song that plays?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2016 edited

The "official" way is to change the sound resources of the BreakDance.nl2sco file as shown in this picture:

Of course you can also just replace the sound files and you will have the same effect.

If you want to add a "music3" resource instead of just replacing the existing ones you have to change the number of sounds to 4 (or increase it further more for even more music) by editing the following which is a little bit quirky since no other solution was possible back when the set was developed without producing script warnings:
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2016

Very nice breakers you got going there! But theres one thing I want to tell you.

Please keep in mind that the sound of the moter (plate) becomes quiter when no change is applied to it. In other words:
    Plate de- or accelerates: quite loud
    Plate stays at one speed: very quite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2016 edited

Thanks for your advice, please keep those coming if you have other suggestions, I really appreciate those!

The sound already fluctuates in loudness in newer versions and the constant contribution becomes more louder the faster the plate rotates, there's also a bit random contribution that simulates random gear load changes, the sound parameters like the amount of "constant" contribution can be customized rather easily in the script.

A newer sound demonstration.
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2016 edited

That's better, but it can still go quiter.

I'm talking about something like this:
    The music makes a little harder to hear the sound, but it is still good. It begins at ~1:38.