Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2014 edited

Bullero's Coasters

Hello,
    So I decided to sign up for the forum, and show you guys where I am working on.

Previous projects

Video
    Daytime video
    Download Link

photo FlyerBanner_zpsd10613b7.jpg
    Youtube Video
    Download Link

What I'm working on

A lot. Coming soon ;)

Custom Flyer update 1

So I am working on a custom Vekoma Flyer, based on the Stingray model. I like the fact that the stingray is a lot of coaster on a small footprint. That inspired me to make a 2.0 model which can measure up with full-size flyers, but still have a small footprint.

What do you think? Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Excellent presentation for your front page. I like the concept of your latest ride too, I can imagine the out n back section being over a plaza/walkway area. There is one particularly questionable support though:

Which, as my arrows indicate, the downforce from any weight above would push down on the top, then be split into the two diagonals and continue to push outwards. There is no lateral brace/horizontal tie holding the frame from bending outwards.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014

Flyer Update

It took some time to continue on this ride, mainly because I wasn't really happy with the supports. The structure was not as open as I wanted it to be. So after working on other coasters, I got back to this one and created new supports for the first part of the coaster. Then I decided the out-and-back section needed some work as well, so I changed some supports and double-splined the track.

photo screenshot-2014-11-26-22-52-57_zps52bef864.png
     photo screenshot-2014-11-26-22-53-26_zps98a5644d.png
     photo screenshot-2014-11-26-22-53-48_zpsb9ed0f5c.png
     photo screenshot-2014-11-26-22-53-59_zps4e08728d.png

As you may have noticed, the new supports do not yet have flanges. That's the next thing on the to-do list. After that some theming, but i'm not sure what theme to give this ride yet.

Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014

Looks nice. Are all of the positive G's quite low because flyers usually don't go above 3g, and some of your turns look very tight.

Looks like a cool layout and the structure work is great too :)

ggddffhh
    This is a really cool concept! Just make sure your g's are under control, like what ggddffhh said. I love the support work on it as well.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2014 edited

@ggddffhh: The highest peak is 3,6G in the first car of the train at the first drop, just above the station. Further down the track there is a little peak of 3,4 in the last car of the train, on the left side. The rest of the track is below 3G. So I think that is acceptable.

@toilettalker26: Thank you very much!

Flyer Update 3

I did some changes to the supports, flanged them, changed some colors and did some 3d modeling on the station. Because I did not pick an overall theme, it's going to be basic and simplistic I guess. Ideas on theming are welcome ;)
     photo screenshot-2014-12-05-22-11-30_zpse1c59752.png
    The new color scheme

photo screenshot-2014-12-05-22-14-07_zps904cafc2.png
    Station building

photo screenshot-2014-12-05-22-13-20_zpsc006f222.png
    Station and storage building (I'm thinking of adding another one of those on the other side, and then let the coaster run with four trains. I'll get back on that one)

photo screenshot-2014-12-05-22-14-40_zps139ff2c6.png

photo footprint_zps9fb4a290.png
    My very professional outdraw of the footprint. The track outside of the boxes is high enough to safely comfort something underneath.

Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2014

This is some cool progress, I really dig the support structure and the station and the storage, well, everything, haha. Can't wait to actually see this one in action, though. ;)
    I feel like its not compact enough to justify the support structure being so complex
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2014

@baadrix: Thanks! A video will be posted when it's done.
    @Kyle Sloane: The new style has been inspirated by Sky Scream in Holiday Park. In my opinion, the new ones look better. What did you think of the 'old' style that I used?
    I definitely prefer the new ones. I think it just looks like it needs more track in there but that's a layout change which I'm assuming you don't want to do at this point. The only suggestion I have is yo change that diagonal structure and make more vertical structure like the left side.
    I think the diagonal looks cool. Not the most practical I guess, but it doesn't always have to be. It would probably be more realistic taking Kyle's route with two vertical structures but I'd say it's really your choice at this point. Sometimes you gotta go for cool factor, you know?
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2014

Happy holidays everyone!

Flyer Update 4 - Name and theming

You've probably already seen it: Custom Compact Flyer is renamed to:
    After trying something more industrial / steampunk-ish, I decided to do it all over and make it a SurfRock themed coaster. Bombora is an Australian term for a large wave created by a shallow area.
    I would like to make it look like this coaster is at a shoreline, but I do not have any idea on how to accomplish that. The best would be if the view from the lifthill was over the ocean. Any tips?

photo screenshot-2014-12-24-21-08-42_zpsdfb893f0.png
    The boulevard as it is now

photo screenshot-2014-12-24-21-08-53_zpse10ae7d0.png
    The boulevard from the other side

photo screenshot-2014-12-24-21-05-22_zpsd71b9317.png
    Isn't she a beauty?

photo screenshot-2014-12-24-21-17-12_zps55948379.png
    The walkway under the overpass and the station. The storage building now has wooden walls, like the underside of the station does.

Keep in mind that I'm not finished theming at all, but any comments / suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2014

I preferred the old colours, but I also understand they don't fit for a surfing-themed ride. Those buildings look very cool btw! :)
    Looking very good. I wasn't sure on the support structure at first, but with this new update, I think it really works. The shoreline idea works well. You asked for ideas on how to make the theme work. Well I think the layout lends itself perfectly to a pier coaster. The section which splits away from the main body could sit perfectly on a pier, while the main body of the coaster remains on a promenade.
    • CommentAuthorKamui
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2014

Nice idea with the Surf/Beach Theming. I think this matches perfectly to the coaster style :)
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2014

@Baadix: Thank you! Red certainly did look good on it, but blue is indeed more appropriate to the theme.
    @The_Architect Thanks! The pier idea is something to keep in mind, I like it. The boulevard I have now is also working well I guess. Desicions, desicions ;)
    @Kamui: Thank you, it was a style I've never used before and I guess it worked out.

Now I have a question: Is it possible to create a custom enviroment with an ocean in it? I would like to be able to see the horizon, not a 'lake' with mountains in the background ^^
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2015

Happy new year everyone!

Bombora video

Video

Have fun watching, and comments are greatly appreciated!
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2015

Now downloadable on the Exchange!

Youtube Video
    Download Link

Have fun riding it, and feel free to share your opinion!