Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorljchris
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2014 edited

Hi folks,
    this is my second post on NLE and my first one presenting a coaster I'm working on. I got pretty bored with all my other projects so I started to build a small B&M Hyper in FVD. I'm still learning on how to handle FVD, because I only know the basic features. The colours are not the final ones and I only started on some supports (since I actually like supporting rides). Some stats about this nameless coaster: around 1050 m (3,500 ft) long, 50 m (164 ft) tall with a maximum speed of 100 km/h (62 mph)

Some panoramic shot for an overview

Lifthill, first Drop and some sort of heavily banked airtimehill

Turning around to go back to the station (LRP is close, but works fine)

Helix before entering the brakerun

Entering the brake run

First Drop shaping. Note, that this coaster is aimed for mostly families, not for absolue thrillseekers. Drop has 0g vertical in FVD

Hope you like it and hope you understood what I'm saying, since I'm no native speaker^^ Comments and criticism is always appreciated!

chris

image(s) resized, exceeds max width as per forum rules -staff
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2014

Welcome aboard!

I really love your shaping, it's B&Mish but very original at a time; proof that such a thing is possible. ;)

My only concern is that the first hill is very pointy (check the g's at the extremities and the speed at the top with no speed from the lift ; you don't want a rollback), and the MCBR seems to happen very early in the layout. Then the whole thing isn't very long either... Well, other that that it look all good, I can't wait to see what's next!
    • CommentAuthorljchris
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2014

Thanks for your feedback!

Posted By: KingRCT3
    I really love your shaping, it's B&Mish but very original at a time; proof that such a thing is possible. ;)

I usually just play around until I like the shaping. Glad you like it :)

since you're right about the length of the track and the pointy hill, I changed the layout a bit but I did'nt like it, so I started nearly all over again, added more airtime hills (hopefully not-too-pointy) and I try to make the end of the track more twisty. So today, only FVD screenshots, because I need some tips on where to put the MCBR.

This is option 1 with a MCBR later on, but then there's the problem of a pretty slow train at the end

This is option 2, my only concern is wheather the MCBR happens too early in the layout like in my first try from post #1. Speed when entering the MCBR is 38 km/h (23,6 mph) which is kinda slow imo, so putting it 'one airtimehill later' the train may get too slow.

So far, I hope someone can help me deciding where to put the MCBR ;)

chris
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

I think you should go for the first version and put the MCBR parallel to the lifthill. 38km/h Is totally fine for a mcbr, I usually even have a speed of only about 30km/h at these points. Keep in mind that the train needs to be able to make the track after the mcbr even if it gets stopped completely at the brakes (E-Stop), higher speeds at the mcbr btw. a lower mcbr also means to keep the following layout lower to the ground.
    I like the version without the MCBR
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Yep, see Goliath at La Ronde, or Goliath at Over Georgia. About the same height and lenght as yours, and they don't have any MCBR. ;)

I still think the second camel-back is a bit too pointy (sorry), check the steepnes, it should be the same as the first camel-back, now it seems steeper.