Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2014 edited

"NLE 2.0" — A New Approach
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Succeeding NoLimits-Exchange for the future

We're looking at rejuvenating the NoLimits community with a new mindset and changes required to keep this alive in a refreshed format. With the site owner and creator being so busy, this project will become significantly harder for us to accomplish alone. The truly dedicated community is what is holding this together. You guys have kept the machine rolling strong, even if the mechanics (us) are just keeping the gears greased as best as we can. By deleting spam ratings, banning offensive users, moderating the forum and exchange, our goal has mainly been to keep everyone as happy as possible and make NoLimits-Exchange a site worth visiting. Now we're to the point where we've added as much grease as we can, and we need your help to fix and improve the community for the future and beyond.

If you are interested in helping the website in any way, please make yourself known here so we can consider adding you to a new group. If you are willing, we'd also need you to be able to keep things to yourself until we are ready to announce changes. (Yes, that includes your Skype friends - don't share info please!) We are especially looking for web developers, but also experienced members and anyone who thinks they can provide some useful feedback. At the rate we are progressing by ourselves, it is clear that we could use some extra help.

More information will be available to those who we accept into the group. I don't know how many we will accept, but we are looking for some extra manpower in the team, with a small & loyal feedback audience.

Deuces,
    AJ
    •  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy

I would love to participate in this group. There's a quite a few ideas I have to revitalize the website.

Edit:
    I think I could bring a lot to the tabe as I have lots of experience organizing and running groups of people (eg. Large Bands, youth group, other communities). I also am a *fairly* experienced member. I'd love to see the exchange revitalized and our community here grow tighter!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

This sounds quite interesting! Being a member for almost 4 years I'd be more than glad to help and give some feedback (however, I can't offer any web developing skills).
    I'd love to join the team, i feel like i have some really good ideas that would improve the quality of the exchange. It's so disappointing and almost useless in its current state.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

I'm up for joining, I'm a web designer (check out my portfolio at ADW Creations. I can code in HTML, CSS3, JQuery and Javascript and a lil bit of PHP and Ruby and I'm great with ideas and UI's. I love this community and anything I can do to help revitalise this site then I'm in. If you wanna chat to me about it whisper me for my email/skype.
    • CommentAuthorJetPulse
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2014

I would be interested in helping out. I'm sure there will be others out there are are better suited for web development (I've meddled a little in it but am far from proficient), but as a real life engineer I can offer good third party feedback. I'm not going to be great at implementation, but I'm used to thinking very critically about things. I also have several professional web developers in my family/close friends that I can tap for feedback from a more technical side (they're always asking me for my non-technical opinion on designs, so it's about time I ask them for once). Also been an NLE member since pretty much the day it went live and was a CS member for a couple years before it went down. And, of course, been using NL for about 10 years now. I don't know how fast you're looking to get things done, but at least for the next few months, I wouldn't have too much time to dedicate to this as I will be finishing up my engineering doctorate. However, after February-ish, things should open up immensely.
    • CommentAuthorB&M101
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2014

I would love to be in. I have had multiple ideas for this website for a long time. I don't even know why we use it right now, it is so messed up.
    I can help with giving feedback, not sure what else I could help with.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I could give feedback for sure. I'd love to help out my favorite (and currently dieing) Nolimits site.

I could probably give you some feedback. I don't really know what else I could do

•  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2014

I'd love to help, but I'm probably booked up for the next two months or so... I spent the whole summer of 2014 at Verizon Wireless as a student intern where I basically had to learn basic code by myself. I'd say I'm pretty good working with people since I'm an Eagle Scout too. If anything comes up that needs feedback, I'd love to give it a whirl!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I will give feedback.
    • CommentAuthorSkye

I would like to be able to help, I'm not horribly busy come after November 8th. Possibly with feed back, and also be a helper to design.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Laptop

I'd join, however, I'm new and depending on what you mean with web design I may not be able to help with that.
    I would give feedback however.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2014 edited

So all feedback, one actual web dev?

I could help with servers, dunno though, swamped with other things pretty much constantly.
    have some html experience as well, certified in Adobe Dreamweaver.
    It looks like everyone wants to give feedback or see their ideas come to life. So a quick question to the mods, is there a limit on the amount of people that can participate or help?
    No luck on web dev for me (just very basic html stuff), but I can do whatever else is needed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912

Posted By: JetPulseI don't know how fast you're looking to get things done

Honestly, as long as we're making progress that's all that matters. The reason we're reaching out now is because progress has been so slow for us. (Read: "We have mostly nothing right now.) A few of us are "web developers in training" so to speak, with varying levels of experience, while the rest of us generally don't know how to tackle such a project. I think at this point, just about any web development knowledge helps... but we will eventually need someone who knows how to implement more complex features.

Posted By: 6FlagsManiacis there a limit on the amount of people that can participate or help?

As of right now, yes. One reason is that if we add too many people, there could be an overload of feedback early on that could impede progress. Mainly because everyone will chime in about all the small details they want or don't want, which could theoretically go on forever. So we're looking for an experienced few right now who can give some feedback. The rest is for developers, who we probably need more of at this point.

The other reason is that it's going to be hard to keep things out of public view with 50+ people. Later on in the development we may add more, but it's just far, far too early to include so many people. Keep in mind though that we may come back later and invite some of you in, so posting here isn't a total waste lol.
    • CommentAuthorMGCD

^Let me know if you need anything I'd be more than happy to help.
    Otherwise I hope this works out for the better!
    • CommentAuthornesdude

I don't post much, but I do read everything that gets posted here daily. While I don't have web development experience, I do have general programming experience and nothing but time to learn. There's a lot that could be done with NLE, especially the ratings system (as I brought up in the Concerned with Ratings thread) and I would love to help figure out the best way to take NLE to the next level.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I'm no web designer/programmer, but I'm pretty well versed with internet forums. Been members of quite a few over the last ten years. If you'd take me, I'd be more than willing to help with moderation, feedback of design and aesthetics etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgeforcefan

Webdev ( Webdesigner here... :)
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

Nice to see that you guys are planning to advance the NLE.

Since there are a lot of users with tons of Ideas how to improve the website but with only few or without experience or skills in webdisign (like me, embedding pictures and links ect. in my posts is really the only thing I can do in HTML) and, besides, it's simply not possible that everyone gives feedback, how would it be about a thread to collect all these Ideas? "The group" which finally decides how the new NLE will become could mine this thread for useful ideas and suggestions.
    I could offer assistance, I'm sort of an all rounder, as I've dabbled here and there with Java, HTML etc. I am by no means an expert, but I can help if I'm needed.
    Update for those in the dark:

We're collecting a lot of ideas and thinking about their consequences. Those invited are giving good input on our initial plans. Not much has actually been "created" yet, so again if there are any programmers out there that would like to help, let us know here. Otherwise, I think we have enough idea suppliers - it's a lot to read each day! We will certainly open up the info as things progress, but it's going to be a long time before we have anything meaningful to show.
    I know a lot about java, IDK if that would help.
    Long time lurker, not much of a poster here though.

I have a decent amount of experience with PHP/MySQl - more than happy to assist with coding if you would like :)
    • CommentAuthorWishmaster
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2014

I would love to help, but unfortunately I'm still in the process of learning code in HTML so I won't be much use.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRNB

I'm not that active over here in terms of posting, but reading through this forum at least once a day. I'm not capable of any HTML- or web design things, however I can help out with artwork using photoshop if you need someone to do that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

First fix HTML, the pictures don't work on it, but they work on markdown just fine.

Images seem to work as close to the HTML standard as I care to scrutinise...
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2014

Images are working on HTML for me...just saying...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBH

I'd be happy to provide feedback if/when needed. Best of luck with the redesign!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

Languages I am familiar with and have had practice (I AM NOT AN EXPERT):
    HTML5
    Java
    JSON
    SASS
    Sencha 5

Like I said, I had to learn on my own, so my skills are probably really flawed, however I'd love to help. I remember coming to NLE very early on when I was younger and thinking "Wow, this is all so professional. Everyone is just so great!"
    Then again I never knew about nor visited the forums, so...