Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2014

Does it really rain so much in England?
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711

Well let me just say these shots sum up the current weather pretty accurately haha! I wouldn't say we get a ridiculous amount of rain but the weather over here is what I would call a mixed bag, it never is very consistent.
    Never knew it had height signs, that's pretty neat, wish more rides did that
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

I am beyond impressed. You're bringing back so many memories from my vacation! I agree that the station is a very interesting shape. But is there anything at Blackpool that isn't a little bit strange anyway? If you create the entire park, good luck with Valhalla if you're going for ~100% accuracy. That is one of the most in-depth rides I've ever ridden. Great stuff.
    What are you going to do for Big One's maintenance area? Because isn't it actually UNDERNEATH the station?
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2015

It's been a while since I did any work on this but Code finally sent over the trains. Although they aren't yet complete they do look great. Some work has gone on with 3D and more will come within the next few weeks most probably so here are a few shots showing progress. I also made a new sunset scene for the park.

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I SURE hoped you backed this up many times!!
    ^Pathogen may his soul rest in piece

Looks fantastic Dave!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

That third picture looks astonishing, Dave! Great job on the environment once again. And Code, those trains seem to be very well done, too. Keep it up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

That looks absolutely fantastic! Having the correct trains does so much to the overall impression of the ride. Love the shots where you got a profile view of the train against the sunset, like in the 3rd and 6th picture. Would of course be even better if the correct track had been available, but its still a stunning recreation!

Kepp up the great work!
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2015

Here is a video of everything so far

Latest Progress
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Give. Me. It.
    What the...? How did you...? Wow!!!
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Dave, I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure going to the park, filming the ride and then digitally removing the other coasters and surrounding flats is cheating.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

I've been literally thinking for about 5 minutes of what to say about the video, but my mind simply can't make up for being blown.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

I've been thinking of what to say for 12 hours...Amazing video, dude.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

0 for originality, because it's exactly like the real one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2015 edited

Your recreation looks absolutely fantastic! Not so enthusiastic about the music, I don't think it quite lives up to the intimidating monster that this ride is. But then again every time I think about the Big One my mind automatically thinks about THIS CLIP, which made me believe as a kid that the Big One was the worlds greatest rollercoaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart

Holy crap that is looking AWESOME!
    Really hoping that you and Code will release those trains, but maybe generic?
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2015 edited

^^ I love that little old northern man at the end.

"This in't a five minute wondah, it's fah all time in't it? IT'S FAH ALL TIME!"

We could say the same thing about Dave's work haha
    Please may you release these environments
    please may you release these environments
    please may you release these environments...

plz
    seeing as dave and i work together on the alton towers project, it also means that i do some work on this pleasure beach recreation too, considering im only 3.5miles away from it in real life haha... so with airs custom track taking shape, we also had a crack at making the big ones track too, seeing as that style is also not in game... this is just the first pass through, they are a bit close together, specially around some of the other bits of the ride but for a starting point, this is what we have.

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2015

Looks painful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

That looks soooooo much better than the in-game corkscrew track, great work!!!
    That looks so much better already.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Posted By: ParadoxLooks painful.

Exactly!

Looks incredible guys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2015

Posted By: ParadoxLooks painful.

The first drop is the smoothest part of the ride.
    What about the turnaround, given it was redone too...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2015

Sorry for the bump but what actually happened to this project? Did the Alton Towers project take over?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2015

I would assume so at this point, but on Coaster Crazy there is a user currently recreating all of Blackpool
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2016

After putting pics up of this the other day in the dead projects thread I thought I may aswell upload it because I don't think I will ever have the time to finish it, also it could be useful for people trying to visualize the new mack coaster in place. If you use this project for anything or make a video of it please give credit. This project also contains a skybox I haven't released before so you can feel free to use that too.

One last thing, performance is not amazing because I have not optimized any of the 3D. You might wanna delete it to help framerates.

Download (click the download icon at the top)
    •  
      CommentAuthorowen9h10
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2016

I've been working on Project 2018 in NoLimits 2. The Big One will be a great help towards scale! If I ever make a video on it I will credit you and I will link your channel in the description.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2016

^^That was very nicely done! Great work with the support structure. If the correct track and trains had been available it would have looked fantastic!