Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2016 edited

^^^ Why not? Although the one shown there looks pretty much as if it would be powered it would already work if you do it like an alpine coaster in the most extreme case for none powered variants.
    That sky fly coaster is such a good idea o.o
    Anyone discover that OL will be called 'Munich Looping' instead? Apparently it's something to do with this random company copyrighting the words 'Olympia' and 'Olympic'.

http://hydeparkwinterwonderland.com/rides-and-games/#blCk5DpZJZjXORyc.97
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2016

London has some variety of horse showjumping venue called "olympia" and they arent random, as far as the showjumping scene goes, its pretty massive. I would guess they have it trademarked
    Just found out it's to do with something called the IOC (International Olympic Committee).

I saw on CF that there is nothing where the 'Olympia' sign was and there are no rings at the top of the lift. No flags on the lift hill either, I presume they haven't been put up yet.

It just looks so... empty... without those. Why, IOC...
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2016

A launched compact spinning coaster, anyone?

That's from Mack!
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

lenny stop
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny

no
    ^^ I think lots of people (including myself) have called a MACK coaster with spinning cars and inversions since the test footage appeared of the spinning car on Blue Fire. I so hope this finally happens, we thought it would be Lost Gravity but it wasn't in the end.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

No Lenny don't stop, that looks so fun.
    Praise be to Roland
    • CommentAuthorDelay

That sure looks like fun!
    Okay who came up with that idea? I want to marry that person :D That looks fun!
    The airtime over that hill on the LSM's looks like it would be insane! Really, really love that idea :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

I loved it until I realized all of the rolls are in the same direction. Still looks awesome though.
    I get the feeling it will be rather valley prone...
    The extended big dipper trains look really nice.
    I almost jumped and giggled like a little kid when I saw that model at the booth today. Looks like a great ride!

And for those interested, some stats from Mack: 30m tall, 85kmh top speed, 4 inversions "depending on how you look at it", and a capacity of around 1000pph with two spinning trains.
    • CommentAuthorKyle Sloane
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2016 edited

Nice hitches lol jk stephan it looks awesome..
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2016 edited

Forget that Mack, THIS will break the Internet: Stand-up flat-ride.

... or not.

Here is a decent general tour of the showfloor, and here a look at the "escalator dark-ride" Dynamic Attractions created for the show, as they are sponsoring the event.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2016

@Morganfan - I suspect the spinning cars will do enough to vary the ride experience that it won't necessarily be a bad thing that you're only rolling one direction. Looks neat.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

It's weird that it's exactly the same element twice, tho. Having two laps with half that layout would have been basically the same.
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny

Bt then it wouldn't have that airtime hill in the center. I think it looks like a lot of fun and would be a good addition to mst any park.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

What's so special about the stand up flat? It's like those rides found on fairgrounds but moving forward instead of moving sideaway.
    ^ Yeah, i don't really get it. It looks extremely dull to ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^^ You could still have the airtime hill, the only thing you'd miss, is the valley between the two elements.

^ Nothing, that's the point (do not miss the "... or not" :p). It doesn't look really appealing...
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

Posted By: CoasterGuy2000I get the feeling it will be rather valley prone...

If this is the case, I think that they should install a few LSMs or something at the tops of the rolls to guarantee that it will make it through both of them, in a case where sensors pick up a questionable speed.
    I really love what they did with the concept though!
    ^I'm not sure how valley prone it will be... I mean, if you think about it, the Premier SkyRocket II model needs speeds that are just as precise, have a similar layout/LSM setup and I don't think one of those has ever valleyed?
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

^To be fair though the only place on the SkyRocket II that would be a problem if it valleyed would be the section after the trim.
    I could be wrong but I think one has valley before. But those are way less likely. Here all the rides peaks appear to be at the exact same height. If it were to just barely clear one, it wouldn't make it over the next. The skyrockets however have the top slated downward and the loop is significantly shorter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2016 edited

^SUF has been evac'd at the top, but none of the Skyrocket IIs have valleyed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNemesisRider

Intamin made an S&S free spin... But with lapbars?

https://youtu.be/FLkD_-cS9sU

I haven't ridden the S&S version, but I think this looks kinda cool. Only question is whether it'll be uncomfortable or not...

Also. INTAMIN. Give us that model and physics please k
    ^ It looks pretty sweet. I like the option of controlled spin or free spin on the new intamin. I also love that its only lapbars. I am a big fan of this ride so far. Hoping one gets built.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

I'd imagine the lapbars would be pain should you get stuck upside down on the brake run, as real life zacspins typically do that.
    ^ which wouldn't be a problem on a model that controls the rotations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2016

When they talk about controlled rotations, I think they mean the magnet fins just like on the S&S model.
    About the lap-bar, it's not a problem for going upside-down, but it could be one with the acceleration forces induced by the quick rotations... It gets me worried.

But anyway, it's just a copy of the S&S model - which was a copy of the original Zac Spin.
    And dang the original was the best! It had the look, and an excellent pacing divided in two parts. Heck, even the straight part at the top added an extra dramatic effect... And the ride ended in a boom with that... pointy part.
    It was quite intense and unusual. The intensity was mostly during the tight U-turns. I never experienced that much of an acceleration force before! I almost felt my ears going through my skin. As for the rotations, they didn't bothered me. I mean, the whole concept is being thrown around anyway, haha.

Now the S&S version looks rather dull, only doing flips after flips, and it has only two drops (versus 4 on the original Intamin). The magnetic-induced flips looks rater forced and thus unpredictable and uncomfortable. But I don't know, I've yet to rode one. Aesthetically it doesn't match with the crazy contraption Intamin had. That ball-shaped thing was perfect...
    I think the launch is definitely a cool addition. Give it a little extra kick to start it off.
    ^^ I have always liked the controlled rotation on the arrow 4D. X is a fun ride. The free spins don't look like its an enjoyable ride
    The accelerative forces you experience on a zacspin (speaking from experience) are pretty intense. I could see lapbars being an issue on the freespin version of the ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2016 edited

In the Loop got all the usual more-or-less formal interviews at the IAAPA, and aside from that, here's a VLOG that shows all the fun you can have in the showfloor (the annoying high-pitched voice is not mandatory), with all the arcade games and stuff.

-

Vekoma unveiled yet another new layout:

•  
      CommentAuthorTyrush
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2016

That looks awesome?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2016

I hope they build more launch coasters!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2016

It really looks awesome! That top hat and first inversion is crazy. Really hope they build this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

It's too bad it took Vekoma this long to produce a good product.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Flash is being cloned in Turkey. Source

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2016

Disney is once again stepping up their game with animatronics! Look at these facial expression, it's almost as good as animatronics for the film industry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2016 edited

^ I am so glad they are putting physical expressions rather than virtually projected ones, they look natural and far more realistic! Pat on the back to the specific Imagineers who created this!

\/ \/ 3:04 - Doctor Who!
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2016

that's an animatronic?? I knew the davy jones for pirates in shanghai was impressive, but.. there's no way that's not cg
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2016 edited

Well, animatronics in the film industry were already capable of doing incredible facial moves. It's just that it's not the same constraints and level of care than theme park animatronics. The later have to be bulky and sturdy, because they run all year long for at least ten years.

Here, it seems that Disney found a way to have those subtle motions into a park animatronic, which is amazing. Combining those with the body movements Disney already mastered, it will give impressive results for sure!