Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPopFilms
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2017

I love Mission SPACE, I don't get the hate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^^ This is for Disneyland, not WDW
    Is it not for both?
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

It's assumed to be for both, but the construction picture referenced is from Disneyland.

Are both parks getting two new rides? Because I thought millennium Falcon was the only one Hollywood studios was getting

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2017 edited

Flashback at SFNE has valleyed again but in a different spot.

^Ummm, again?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2017 edited

LOL, WHY SIX FLAGS, WHY??

In seriousness though, I don't think it intentionally valleyed this time around, infact it literally couldn't unless the lift mechanism didn't activate. My bet is that the brakes got triggered by some error that came up on the system, causing it to stop in that section.

@ A_Little_Boomer Yes, this is the second time. It valleyed the first time last week in the middle of cobra roll (scroll up, could be on the next page but there are pictures).
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2017

Nothing really super interesting, but I found this cool. Tony Clark made a Periscope on testing for the season. He shares some neat tidbits about the opening process. Above all, there is plenty of footage of Valravn testing with some wonderful sounds.

Tony's Periscope
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2017 edited

After Dynamic Attractions, Zamperla and S&S/Holovis, it's now Triotech that wants to develop their version of a SFX coaster:

Source: Triotech Showreel 2017

It's also interactive (guns).
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2017

Oh good... because these types of rides are in such high demand...
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2017

Maybe it is in the Asian market? I don't know.

Cedar point dark ride plz.

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2017 edited

They are working very hard there ;-) - I'm sure he is the "social media" manager.

3:31.
    Raptor Track is being manufactured! Where is it going? Silverwood? I hope so!

photo 1_zpsoljqqnug.jpg

photo 2_zpsbzevrbzg.jpg

Source: RMC Facebook
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTime5 days ago edited

I want to say Knott's since Cedar Fair's starting to work with RMC AND they just closed Boomerang but Silverwood is on the table too.

I do believe Silverwood is more likely tho since RMC Raptors were aimed at small parks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTime5 days ago

that track seems smaller than i had originally imagined.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTime5 days ago edited

Posted By: TheBeatlesOh good... because these types of rides are in such high demand...

You would be surprised
    Edit: fixed quote
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Silverwood seems like a likely candidate. Remember that Raptors are tiiiny, low capacity rides (a train of 4 Raptor cars seats the same number of people as a single Eurofighter car/train).

And Silverwood... I don't think most folks realize how tiny that place is. I certainly didn't until I went there. Like... neither Tremors or Timber Terror even has the hardware to run 2 trains (no transfer track, no physical second train, super simple ride control hardware). Obviously Aftershock doesn't either, and while Corkscrew has a transfer/storage track, I don't recall seeing a second train on site. On all but their busiest days, that doesn't seem to be a problem.

So, basically, they could roll a low capacity Raptor and it'd probably do just fine with their lineup of low capacity coasters.

^ That is my only thing about Tremors and Timber Terror is the low capacity, go on a busy day and the lines are long. They should have RMC install a transfer track on Tremors at least and get it doing 2 train operations.

If Silverwood does install this then its time for a road trip. Its only 12 hours away!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTime5 days ago

^Yeah. I went there on a Saturday in August. Got there at opening, and by the time I left an hour and a half later, I'd done two quick laps on Tremors, and then waited nearly an hour for one lap on Timber Terror. I was just passing through and never intended to do more than ride a couple rides and head on my way, but man... I'm pretty sure I would have left not too long after even if I had been staying nearby. When that place does get crowded, the rides are just not equipped to deal with it.

•  
      CommentAuthorTyrush
    • CommentTime5 days ago

I can certainly see them go small for a prototype, and then probably larger scale like Knotts.
    If for at Knotts I cannot see it being placed in the land plot former occupied by Boomerang. Logically it would need a bigger footprint if it is to be a complete-circuit coaster....i may be wrong having viewed the satellite image
    https://gyazo.com/31638865d3f58d8b5a879c8c35b4cf8b

Well that was fast
    And I was just there Saturday and Sunday, looks like the really want to get that thing cleared out fast.
    Is it being relocated? It seems to be being taken apart piece by piece
    • CommentAuthoriCoaster44
    • CommentTime4 days ago edited

It is being scrapped.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTime4 days ago

^ What makes you say that? If it was being scrapped, they would be cutting it apart with torches instead of disassembling it by the piece. Even though the enthusiast community doesn't like Vekoma Boomerangs, they are a great value and easy to relocate. I'm positive we will see this pop up at another park, Cedar Fair or otherwise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTime4 days ago

No I believe it was confirmed to be scrapped, an enthusiast even bought the lead car off of an auction.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Posted By: Gorres CoastersIf for at Knotts I cannot see it being placed in the land plot former occupied by Boomerang. Logically it would need a bigger footprint if it is to be a complete-circuit coaster....i may be wrong having viewed the satellite image

This layout could fit in the former Boomerang area, it's 75ft x 250ft (22m x 76m):

• CommentAuthorPopFilms

Did you read what the capacity was on the layout?

410rph.

A boomerang's theoretical capacity is 760rph and that is still pretty low. Knotts would need a much higher capacity ride.

Edit: With 3 trains the Raptor would be 600rph but that still isn't enough.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTime4 days ago

They have more than one train for Boomerang, you know. There's a reason why they were able to run the ride at the same time that the second lead car was being sold. I have a pretty strong feeling we'll be seeing this relocated, it seems to be in great condition and was just refurbished a few years ago. Unless the scrapyard is offering a pretty penny for it, it would be a pretty dumb idea to scrap it.
    Oakwood plz
    *Cough cough* Boomerang is going to Michigan's Adventure. *Cough cough*
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny

^ don't even joke about that. I've pretty much given up all hope for MA to get anything new ever again. * I mean sure, Thunderhawk wasn't a bad relocation. It's a decent sized ride and still holds up well for an SLC, but a boomerang would add virtually nothing to the park. The only reason for It to be relcoated there is so that they could say, "Hey, we totally aren't neglecting that park! See look, we even just gave you a 'new' ride! Look at how generous we are!" I drive right past that park almost every weekend in the summer and think, "meh, I don't need to go." Maybe of they bothered to retrack Shivering Timbers I'd go again but otherwise I don't see the need to waste my money going.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTime3 days ago edited

Not really news, but one thing I noticed on Red Force while at PortAventura yesterday

Red force has springs in the place of rails just before the launch track and just after the flat brake run. It's what causes that noise just before the airtime hump.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelement 115
    • CommentTime3 days ago edited

wtf... Do you feel anything going over them?

EDIT: Are they there due to heat expansion of the track during hot days?
    • CommentAuthorStevenX
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Posted By: element 115wtf... Do you feel anything going over them?

EDIT: Are they there due to heat expansion of the track during hot days?

Looks like they're movement joints for thermal expansion and contraction, yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTime3 days ago

You don't really feel the one on the brake run cause you're still going so fast. The one after the station just feels like going over a split in a transfer track.