Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2017 edited

^ Your comment kind of reads like you have a problem with the Europa Park rather than just Eurosat. I really enjoyed Eurosat due to its uniqueness and the music is really great (the halloween one is better though)! To me the ride is like the Schwarzkopf coasters - not the worlds best or worlds smooth ride experiences but still rides that are more than just a classic arrow experience for example. Not sure how to really explain that, but there is something about Eurosat that makes it a real classic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2017

I always heard Eurosat is rough, only today people say they loved it...

I, for myself, found it rough as well. Not the worst coaster ever, but not enjoyable by any means.
    And by the way, you could hit a support putting your hands up in here.

.. but I disagree about the music, it's iconic! >:(
    • CommentAuthorStevenX

I also find EuroSat pretty boring and rough. I'm a bit confused by the love for it. It was probably the most disappointing ride there for me, so from that point of view, it's a good candidate to renovate.

EuroMir on the other hand is perfection!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

It's the same reaction as when ToT was announced for change. Either people suddenly realize they didn't hate it all that much and they're thinking nostalgically, or they're responding like a basic white girl on a random friend's Instagram post: fake and overdone positivity.
    • CommentAuthorlore_sully

It can be a bit rough maybe, but i really enjoy it (and also the iconic dance music).

Still better than Space Mountain in Disneyland Resort or Disneyworld. If Eurosat is boring, how do you classify those two? :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^^What? There's a clear difference here and it doesn't really relate either. While ToT wasn't the best of it's kind, it was still really good in general, and especially for people in that area who don't have the opportunity to ride the other Tot's. That was also a matter of a total remake, compared to a simple refurbishment where no one is really upset in the slightest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

^ Well yeah I see your point, and I'll admit mine was probably phrased too extremely. It sure is strange how the reactions are though.

This is a More substantial remake than tot was. This is a complete rethemed and they're completely redoing the entire ride system.

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Posted By: TheBeatlesWTF? EuroSat was pure shit in my opinion, it just assaults all of your senses...

Wow why so emotional? You did not liked it? That's fine, you don't have to, you are not the only one, but:
    I guess the most who are reacting a bit sad, concerned, angry or whatever negative about hearing that announcement are those for which Eurosat was the first "huge" coaster they rode. Some already complained about some modernisations in the past, like the new soundtrack (the original for those who are interested, my favorite is actually the Halloween soundtrack) as well as added light effects and more illumination. The coaster is still among my favorites between some really good modern ones, I really like all about it what is a thumb down for you, that's also what many I know love about it: You feel its age, it becomes incredible hot inside it in the summer which is an intersting experience on its own. Because of the non perfect trackwork and in the meantime even aged rails you have that wooden coaster like out of control feeling (in my opinon it's not too much and enjoyable - better than some "death calculated" coaster with perfect transitions). All this makes it a very unique and interesting coaster in the opinion of many and by taking into account what had been said at the fan meeting mentioned in the tweet, also by the Mack family which promised to give their best to keep the charme of the original one also for respecting the work of their (grand)father who was responsible for building it the way it was. They presented the new layout there which looks very much like the old one.
    • CommentAuthorlore_sully

^^I see it the other way around. I think this remake is far less substantial remake than Tot's one. Here the theme will remain the same and so probably also the feeling the ride gives. Sure, the track will change, but the experience will be very similar for sure. On Tot instead, while the ride system remained the same, the experience and the feeling the ride provides changed completely due to the re-theming. It passed from a spooky ride to a comic one, so a totally different experience. This is the main critics moved towards the conversion.
    This will not happen (hopefully) in Eurosat. They sure love their park at Europa Park, so they will not screw everything up only for money like Disney does in the last years.
    • CommentAuthorteejaysyke
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2017 edited

POV of the Raptor track test

HERE
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2017

^ a rare credit - looks good.
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2017 edited

Reports coming in that two trains on Tren de la Mina, at Parque de Attracciones Madrid have crashed injuring 26.

EDIT: Supposedly the accident isn't extreme and left most with mere bruises. From what it seems the breaks didn't work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2017

How the freak can magnetic brakes and tires fail?
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2017

well if the tires on the brake run were wet at all, there's a good chance of them failing, even if it hits it at slow speeds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017

Looks like Xcelerator is closed for an undetermined amount of time. Anyone in that area know why?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2017

^ Is it operating again?

-

I wanted to introduce you guys to a new website, Captain Coaster. It's an interactive database, a place where you can write reviews and rate coasters. I think it's kind of neat, especially since the end of Mitch Hawker's Poll. Don't be fooled by the french reviews (at the moment), you can and are welcomed to write in english of course.
    ^ Cool site. It even has pictures I took of Lagoon's coasters. But they need to add Cannibal. I was a bit surprised it wasn't listed yet being its 2 years old.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2017

i miss the mitch hawker poll, as a mathematician it was a gorgeous algorithm and great at offsetting bias and other skewing factors.