Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Introducing Lakeside Groves! Eventually it will be a timeline park but I wanted to get some feedback on the coasters. Currently I have the first two years planned (1990,1991) and will hopefully include some flat rides if I can find any. The first coaster I'm building is Cliff Diver, the parks B&M Stand-up

Stats: 170 feet above sea level

Highest Drop height of 105 feet

2 Inversion(Loop, Corkscrew)

3658 Ft. of track

World's Tallest, Fastest and Longest Stand-up coaster

Here's Some Pictures:

Feedback is appreciated!

Major Update Time:

I'm almost done with Cliff Diver. All that's left on it is finishing the queue line. Here's some pictures.

After the queue line is finished I'll start work on the next coaster, the parks arrow looper.

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2014

The loop support connectors are too big.

Is this better?

I started the next coaster, which is a mirror image of GASM.

Scream Machine Stats:

Height- 173

Drop- 150 (Ish)

Length- 3,632 ft

Inversions- 7: 3 loops, Kamikaze Curve and Double Corkscrew

Opening Year- 1990

Here's some pictures

• CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2014 edited

Concerning your loop support-connectors I would say they're still too big. If you take a look at some pictures you can see that both,the bracing of the spine and the spine below almost flushes with the supports.
    Edit: not sure if my try of an explanation is understandable, so here's an additional picture:
    Oof, either your fov is super high or your batwing has some serious issues!

Are these any better?

And supports have been started for Scream Machine.

Edit: First Hill is complete

Wow, that FOV is really bad... everything looks messed up because of it!
    Please fix your FOV. I can't make heads or tails of what you've done because of it.

Is this better?

You made it worse lol

How about now

Slide the FOV all the way to the right.

How about this time

Better, now i can say with confidence that your loop is going to need a bit of work as well as your drop. If you could provide us with pictures of the other elements with that fov i'm sure we could all give you the feedback you've been waiting for!
    Here's some more angles, let me know if there's any others you want to see.

And my attempt at an artsy shot
    Loops look way too small.
    In general, the loops, batwing/kamikaze kurve, and corkscrews are on the way too small, which is odd because it is such a large coaster. I also feel that the drop could be much steeper (I'd look to pictures of Shockwave, GASM, and Viper and model your drop after those).

Something else to watch is that rolls for the corkscrews and batwing entrances are completely linear.

How was this made? NL2 editor?
    Ya it's handbuilt. How tall were GASM's loops 70 ft? Also how tall were the Batwings on the 7 inversion coasters? The one right now is based on the one on Viper at Darien Lake.
    I have a very hard time believing it's an exact copy, it looks really off, specifically the radius in a couple spots.
    I take that back its not exact but it's decent. I'll remake it though.

As for the drop, is this better?

I trie making a bigger loop. Is the size fine?
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2014

I compared you loop to viper's and I think it's fine right now. But I think your first drop could be even steeper, the cruve is still looking very spread-out.
    How's the drop now?

I completely redid the first half with bigger loops> does it look fine know?

•  
      CommentAuthorllamaboy
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2014

Looks good to me.
    Ok, so I'm gonna start work on the Batwing. What part's of it need work?
    Didn't do all that much work on the batwing, I'm still not sure how to fix it but I did work on the Midcourse drop. How's the shaping now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlxpxw
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2014

Closer pictures please. From this angle you can't really tell.
    Sorry, I meant the drop Off the Mid-Course
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2014

It's nice shaping but the transition is much too quick. The batwing should be further away from the MCBR.
    How About know?

Sorry for the double post but I started doing the lift supports
    Lift/Drop supports are finished!

I'm starting on the turn between the loops next but does anyone have any good pictures of arrow loop supports on the Seven Inversion Coasters.
    Here's a few more pictures,

• CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2014

^ In the second picture your supports are wrong. look at GASM from sfgad. They should look more like the supports on the lift. spaced apart sections of supports. As for the supports on the curved drop, you have some giant I beams there. look at Shockwave's drop. They should be lowered slightly as they weren't aligned with the top parts, they were just under it. Also make them look smaller similar to the horizontal beams of the lift supports.

Hope this helps you some. It's looking pretty good so far. Not to nit-pit, but I'd also lower the red color just a little bit. It looks too red to me. Just make it a little lighter in shade.
    Are these supports better?

I also changed the supports on the curve, I'll show them once they're finished.
    Here's a real update, I finished the supports on the Mid-course and the curve.

Next up is the Loops!
    Yea That's looking a lot better. happy to have helped. With the supports for the loops (If you haven't already done one), look at some arrow loopers to get the right idea. they had a mix of the "box" supports and some single poles in the mix too.
    I finally figured out how the box loop supports worked! I'm pretty happy with them so far and all I have left to do is support the batwing. After that I'll start work on the station/queue and stuff.

Does the batwing shaping need to be redone? I've been receiving mixed feedback about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2014

The tops of the inversions on the batwing seem too small.
    Which one? First, second or both inversions?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2014

Maybe both but definitely the first inversion is too small.
    Is this better?

•  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2014

Yep. Looks good. Can't wait for this!
    Cool, Thanks. The station is in progress right now too, not sure what I'm gonna go with for it though. Anyway on to the update, Next coaster is underway!

Still a heavy work in progress though. Also would anyone be willing to make some Car textures? It would be really helpful.
    *You don't see this Double Post*
    I worked some more on The Cyclone (I guess I'll just go generic again for the name), track work is coming along nicely, here's some screens:

Supports will be updated of course, I'll try to custom support it if I find a way to add the catwalks. If not I'll just edit them to be more realistic
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2014

The layout seems very well done! I actually liked the old blue better, though.
    It's a perfect recreation of the famous Cyclone layout or you take some liberties?

By the way, the last shot of the Arrow is really cool and realistic! You did well listening to people's comments and improve the design, very great job. ;)
    Thanks! I actually hated the new color two, but the old blues seemed to plan. So, how about The Great American Cyclone!

Edit: Kingrct3, it's not a perfect recreation of Cyclone at all but it's about as close as any of the Dinn-corps where.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2014

Looks good! Make the crest of the lift hill a little wider and it'll be great.