Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2014

Pretty sure they don't add thousands of dollars worth of machinery for show.
    ^agreed
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2014 edited

Posted By: jbatts220Watch this old video of Extreme Rides, and it explains the basics of the launch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y0eZPxPB6Y The picture proves nothing. The piston that the compressed air moves is located under the track, and the air is fed through underground. Just because you don't see that it's connected in the picture doesn't mean anything. And how exactly is it "impossible" for the second tower to serve any purpose?

Then what purpose does the red pipe in the second tower have? If it were part of the tank system why is it so separated from the actual machinery? Why not just put it in the first tower with the other red tank? You're right about the tank being underground, but all I said is that it wasn't the tower that did the work. Also I don't understand in the video where it says that the towers are so integral. I'm not saying that they aren't totally necessary for the ride to function, I'm just confused as to what function they serve and would like someone to explain, because previously I thought the tanks underneath the launch track did all the work. Sorry if I came off as rash.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

^ Ever hear of pipes?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Well if you need two air tanks, may as well make it aesthetically pleasing.
    Coasterlover420 has joined the project and is doing some amazing scripting work! :) updates coming soon!
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Jesus christ I forgot how fast this thing was.
    Yeah it's one of the rides I really wish I got to try. Yes I know it was very bouncy and rough, but that launch and tower looked insane. I saw it from I95 a couple times, doesn't really count though. Oh well. 0-72 in 2 seconds on Storm Runner isn't a bad consolation prize though as far as launches go.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Yeah, given that I got to ride Kingda Ka, Stormrunner, and TTD which all have launch accelerations of around 1.6-1.7 G, and knowing how fast those things got, I can only imagine how insane this must have been. Wish I could've ridden it as well.
    Yep, same, those are the top 3 accelerations I've experienced. Storm Runner looks slow by comparison, but my first ride of the day always takes me by surprise. The airhill on Hypersonic looked pretty wicked too though, not much like that around with such a quick change from the vertical ascent to descent. The ride was a bit crude, but still very impressive and interesting. Should be a lot of fun to see in NL (especially done real well and fleshed out) but it's too bad we can't feel the forces with it lol. Can't win 'em all I guess.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

What are the forces like going up the spike on Hypersonic? They looks massive.
    • CommentAuthortthomas
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2014

I was lucky enough to ride it several times, and from what I remember it was pretty insane. It really catches you off guard. The launch track is also very short, which was very intimidating with the tower being fairly close to you. The launch was over so fast that once you realized what happened you were at the breaks. The most memorable parts of the ride for me were the launch (obviously), the airtime on the top of the tower, and the LOUD breaks.
    ^^It's about 5g.

Here's another teaser for ya.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlxpxw
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2014

Posted By: tthomasand the LOUD breaks.

The LOUD breaks of your bones, maybe?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2014

That looked so painful. How does one ride with a bunch of filthy GP'ers clogging up all the seats?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can you ride the Ferris wheel and the drop zone? I guess both were made by the codemaster?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

No Camiel made them himself.
    • CommentAuthorrct800

Where is the Download?
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Looks amazing, but it could be even better with a better environment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Posted By: rct800Where is the Download?

It's not up for download yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152960297463566&set=vb.194340658565&type=2&theater

Theme Park Review just posted your video :)
    Hypersonic will be up for download soon :)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2015

Can I use the Ferris wheel from this park for one of my parks? I will give you full credit for the wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2015 edited

^Do you do anything yourself...
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I make crazy ride concepts with the spinning mouse cars and try to use the game itself to make most of my things for my parks.
    please stop bumping stuff.
    • CommentAuthorarktic2

yea, cause this ride is probably long gone
    • CommentAuthorMikey714
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2015

when will I be able to download it please I really wanna ride this ride so badly
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2015

Please stop bumping.