Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorPhyter
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2014 edited

Download: NL2 Car Texture Templates

I'm offering this package as-is. It will be updated as additional templates are finished and/or improved. Most templates are 1K textures and come with unmodified color maps.

Templates currently available:
    4d
    bobsled
    classiclooping
    classiclooping2
    corkscrew
    eurofighter
    eurofighter2
    floorless
    gerstlauer_spinning
    hyper
    hyper4seat
    invertedimpulse
    limlaunched
    maurer_spinning
    maurer_xtrain
    suspended
    timberliner
    twistedinverted
    twistedwing
    vekoma_minetrain
    vekoma_motorbike

*** UPDATE 12/25/14 ***
    - added B&M Wing templates
    - added B&M Floorless template (previously mentioned as released but accidentally not included)

*** UPDATE 10/29/14 ***
    - corrected suspended cartexture_01 template
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2014

Thank you so much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2014 edited

you are AWESOME Phtyer! Thank you!

This is what you have started phyter ;)
    http://imgur.com/a/x1EHk
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhyter
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2014

Are the jaggies on the corner there intentional or something wrong with the map? I think you ought to be able to get a straight line there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2014 edited

I think it is a little of both. I can send you the files if you want to take a look?
    are the bogies a separate file for the suspended? I couldn't find anything that corresponded on the maps?

And while I have you, on the corkscrews, any way to change the pipe rails, and the handlebars on the restraints to the chrome like the suspended? default is black and I couldn't find anything that corresponded either.

You guys rock so much for responding to things so quickly!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhyter

Turned out the suspended cartexture_01 was not the version we used in the sim so there were some very slight differences. The package has been updated with the correct template.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart

that looks much more like what I was expecting. Thanks Phyter!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhyter

Posted By: TDeHartI think it is a little of both. I can send you the files if you want to take a look?
    are the bogies a separate file for the suspended? I couldn't find anything that corresponded on the maps?

And while I have you, on the corkscrews, any way to change the pipe rails, and the handlebars on the restraints to the chrome like the suspended? default is black and I couldn't find anything that corresponded either.

You guys rock so much for responding to things so quickly!

The texturable area on the Suspended train is on cartexture_02. Look for the rectangular shape in the lower right corner of the map.

I'm afraid there is no way to make tube parts on the Corkscrew chrome. You could takes some screens for reference then model your own parts and overlay them with an attach script. You can definitely change their texture however. The texturable areas can be found on cartexture_01 (car) and cartexture_03 (harness).
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart

Even the inside of the harnesses look worn...continually amazed at the level of you detail you guys put in.

•  
      CommentAuthorPhyter
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2014

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday!

To sweeten your already sugar plumb filled day the B&M Wing templates have now been added to the archive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2014

Woo! Now all I need is the B&M flyer template and sit-down template and I am set!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2014

I do have a question though. Has anyone figured out what cartexture_04a, b, and c on the mack launch are? they do not align with texture 3 as far as the seat and the mechanics go, so I am wondering what they are for?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhyter
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2014

Left overs from a forgotten age. The file named "cartexture_04" was the old car texture for the original geometry. They are no longer used since we updated the geometry. You can safely delete or ignore them. I'll ask Ole to remove them from the distribution.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2014

I see! good to know, thanks Phyter!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2015

Also, on the floorless coaster, it is not possible to put a name on like in this picture, since the texture is mirrored on the other side. Are there any plans to update that or is it staying as is?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezeiza/6161390691/in/photostream/
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2015

Also, I think the inverted template is slightly off...

site down - please fix!

COASTERGUY
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhyter
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2015 edited

FIXED! Sorry about that. Recently switched hosts and forgot to upload the file. :(

@TD I'm going to have to say no to the floorless request, sorry. We are making scale adjustments to the the floorless coaster but there are no plans to do a major overhaul of the UVs. As for the invert, looks like I may have the wrong template in there. I'll correct that.
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2015

So this happened when I tried putting a car texture on the coaster. While it does look really cool with the faded white pastel color, I don't think it's supposed to do that. Did I do something wrong or is there a texture problem?
     photo screenshot-2015-03-15-21-25-11_zpstwqlf20k.png
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Any word on a rocket template?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart

^Brawly, What do you need for the rocket? I can probably help you with that. captfido87, how did you set up your texture files in the park folder? what it looks like, is that color, normal, and specular do not have the same exact names, and the sim is just applying the first texture.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

I'm in need of a cartexture for Saturn, however I think if I had a texture I could work it out myself (maybe)
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2015

Hey TDeHart. I extracted the files and first placed them into a folder where the rest of the NL2 stuff is. Turned out like that above. Next I put the folder with the textures into the location of the ride. A folder within a folder kind of deal. Still same results. Next I took the texture files out of the folder and placed them right next to the ride files. Same results again.

Maybe I'm placing them in the right Area or something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2015 edited

I made a quick "how to" for everyone. Download ALL textures for your selected coaster style from my dropbox (just a few generic styles with some things removed from the standard version), and put them in a folder within the same folder that holds the park files:

then, go to the coaster properties > trains > train 1 color setup tab, and point each of the car textures to the textures that are in the folder that you put the textures in. Only point to the files that are just plain old cartexture_01, cartexture_02 etc. Do this for all of your custom textures for each train.

then, when save and freeze your coaster, it will have the changes in textures stores. if you notice the textures are all grey, except for some parts. whatever is gray is overwritten by the colors you select for the coaster itself in the coaster properties > colors tab.

I have used my generic corkscrew template here to demonstrate how the red stripe was replaced with white. the cartexture names MUST remain constant. If you rename cartexture_01 to Corkscrew_01, the you must also rename the others to Corkscrew_01_coolormap, Corkscrew_01_normalmap, and Corkscrew_01_specularmap.

Dropbox link.

The staff fixed my post for me cause my pics were too big and my link wasn't clickable
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ Awesome, it can be very useful, thanks. ;)
    Do you think about doing the other coaster styles by any chance? (*cough* Euro-Fighter 2 *cough*)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart

^That is in there for you now too.

^Brawly, let me know if you need anything else!

So I now finally got it to work. Before I was using phyter's rainbow colored texture files. Those got me the first result. I went back in and used the files that had colormap on them and they worked now. So Idk why those others ones didn't work but Now I've got an idea on how to do it. Thanks everyone for the help.

photo screenshot-2015-03-17-13-32-49_zpsg8uev0ma.png
    how do you make those textures? (im a total noob) but would love to learn how to make them !
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2015

I downloaded whatever came in the download file. So they are probably phyters or TDeHart's designs. I than simply went into photoshop and drawn on certain pieces to see what I'm up against.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2015

Using phyter's available color block templates will give you a really good idea of what is what. From there, simply add that as a layer to my templates and you can easily recolor or add logos to what you want. just be sure to duplicate what you add to the cartexture files onto the colormap files in black. The way the color map works is, white is controlled in game, black is colored by the other cartexture.
    Hope that helps!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2015 edited

@Phyter....
    You don't happen to have more templates available now do you, like say....the standups?

Because this is starting to drive me BONKERS!

sorry for massive bump, but there is an isssue with the classic looping 1 texture not being seamless

•  
      CommentAuthorSandorvdl
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2015 edited

Looks fun!
    • CommentAuthorEanikran
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2015

Will we see templates for the new infinity trains? I can't find the wheel guard texture in any of the maps for either infinity 1 or 2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2017

I would love to see these updated soon as well!