Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2014

ggddffhh's Construction Thread

Welcome to my construction thread. As you may know, my name is Ben, and I am from London. I am currently 15 and only started creating roller coasters when No Limits 2 came out really and now I have been creating roller coasters on No Limits 2 for a while now, which has meant that I have created some high quality rides, usually known for the trackwork as well as the extensive scenery. On here, I will be posting all of my roller coasters as I make them. Most of my projects (apart from collaborations for example) will be on here, so make sure you keep up to date with my posts!

Please feel free to provide your opinions, as I really do use them to help make my creations better.

More to come soon...

ggddffhh

•  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

My first post will be about my new project, which is a Hyper GTX by Chance Rides. I used "Lighting Run" as inspiration, and loosely based it around that.

This Hyper GTX is medium sized, will be heavily themed, and is around 33M tall, which is a perfect height because it has a lot of speed at the start, but it can still do tight, complex turns towards the end, which adds variety to the ride.

If you didn't see the older pictures that I posted on "The Über Idea Thread", I will show them here...

The lift hill, main drop, and first "unique element".

Rough layout without supports.

This is how the coaster looks now after I have started to add supports. (ignore the very tall footers - They are like that so when I model the scenery, I can create a hole in the concrete where the track will pass, where I need to raise the ground of the whole area)

Whole layout. About 50% of the ride has been supported so far.

I have been using these pictures for references for the trackwork and supports so far.

I have been trying to be very accurate with the supports and track, taking their key features and implementing them onto this coaster. You should be able to notice that.

TheCodeMaster has kindly offered for me to use some Hyper GTX trains he has made, and I should have them on the train in the next couple of days.

I hope you liked this update, please leave your comments as they help me improve the ride.

ggddffhh

• CommentAuthorBrawly

I love this so far, lookin really good. Love the idea of the GTX coaster, and this is executed well!
    I actually like that...I'm just slightly torn because part of me says it's too much, and the other part of me says...but it works. If nothing else I think it follows the GTX style, but from most of the angles I don't think it's remotely as ugly as Lightning Run lol so that's good. Side note, do you think the transition in the middle of the figure 8 (halfway through the ride) is a bit quick? Usually transitions are more drawn out when under positive forces, and can be quicker at 1G or 0G. Seems reasonable but maybe borderline.
    Im not sure about some of the shaping but it looks pretty cool. The only worry is that transition DCS pointed out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2014 edited

Ok, I have evaluated that transition, and I have changed it. Is this better? And is there any more shaping issues you were worried about @Kyle Sloane ?

Before: After:

•  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

UPDATE: I have created a POV of the ride so far. No more support work has been done since the last update.

Hyper GT-X (WIP) - No Limits 2

Wow awesome i love this ride
    ^^oh shit you changed the wrong transition. That one was perfect before. We are talking about the one in the middle of the rereally twisty section!
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

I THOUGHT THAT TRANSITION WAS FINE! Oh well... I will change it back as much as I can! Haha thanks, I will get round to doing that now...

UPDATE:

I don't know which one you mean? Can you describe it in more detail? And I made this transition a bit slower...

I also "re-fixed" the transition that I thought you meant. This is how it rides...

Better?

•  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2014

Any chance you could thumbnail smaller pictures and convert them to .jpegs? 11.520 × 6.102 pixels is far too large especially for a construction thread (I recommend only linking them, maybe via a smaller preview), .pngs aren't really effective either. Almost every picture of yours has about 2.5-3 MB which slows down loading times (and even scrolling) tremendously.

As for the coaster, I like how you created a Morgan hyper similar to Lightning Run. The shaping looks like something they could do someday, and some of the transitions seem to be really fun to ride. Keep up the good work!
    We're talking about 27s in the video. I don't think it looks too bad onride though. I think as a whole you're well on your way, but the trackwork needs small tweaks and polishing throughout to really live up to the great layout. And yeah, the transition you fixed was way better before, good thing you undid that lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2014

I had an idea a minute ago, and decided to modify the ending slightly. D you think its better or should I keep it as just a small straight airtime hill?

To me that looks like you accidentally moved a vertex. If you're going to do something like that, you need to present it in a way that it's absolutely clear what you wanted to do. I'm not seeing that in the current version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2014 edited

Just a teaser as to what I have decided to start... Bonus points to whoever can work out what it is... Hint: It is not a queue line for a roller coaster...

•  
      CommentAuthorDonidia
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2014

it just looks like the Studio 13 Fright maze from Thorpe Park.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

Yep. Just a side project. I think it will look cool in No Limits when the lights are scripted and that, and it's just for a bit of fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

OMG yes a walk-through!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can you have a slide at the end to go down?
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

TOGO I will make a version specially for you... ;)

And glad your excited :) I had the idea and I think it will look really cool :) Does anyone know the height of a person in No Limits 2? Don't want people to get stuck in doorways...
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2014 edited

Been working on this for about 2 hours or so now, and this is my progress...

The entrance is beginning to take shape. The signs are done almost, and I will begin to add more details soon.

The first room is almost done.

I am even doing the "behind the scenes" areas such as the buttons used to activate the pre-show for example. I am trying to make this as realistic as possible in No Limits 2 and Google Sketchup.

UPDATE: I have almost finished the second room, where you see the gory studio.

The next area with the chain fence. I am starting to add speakers as I go round as well.

I am doing all of this from memory and very vauge pictures I took when going roung, so if anyone has any details they know are in there, please tell me! Hope you like it.

ggddffhh

•  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2014

UPDATE: Sadly no comments on the work so far, but I will go ahead and show my progress. It has been really hard to scale the areas correctly, because of the limited sources I have which I can work from. It also doesn't help that I don't know how big the building is, but I will try and find out.

It looks good, will be great with lighting inside NL2. I honestly don't remember anything about Studio13, but I can have a dig around and see if I can get you some dimensions of the buildings and inside pics.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

I hope so! I have once again recruited BestDani to help me because of how amazing he is at lighting. And if you could do that, that would be amazing. I have tried to look around on google earth and stuff but it's still very uclear because some parts of the building are un-used or are used for the lighting system/sound system so it's hard to say for sure where the actual maze area is.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Looks fabulous! Love the techncal details you put in here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2014

Thank you! Did you find anything @The_Architect ?
    Not yet, I'll let you know if I find anything. Don't depend on me or anything :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2014

The dolls and props in the room will be added soon.There is a corridor for the actors (which is real). I also had to make this room completely from memory and some people's ideas. Does anyone know if the layout is different? I have done my best with the sources I had.

The bags will be hung from the bars that go across the corridors. Does anyone know how to make an object in Sketch-up "not solid" so that you can walk through them?

The layout for the final two rooms are done. Soon to be worked on.

The outside had some work done to the textures, and I have started to add the fence.

The first FULL LAYOUT of Studio 13. :)

Good?

ggddffhh

•  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2014

Myself and bestdani have been working on Studio 13, and I have now finished the model layout, and I just need to add a few more details, but I will leave that until nearer the end.

Bestdani sent me these videos which show the basic lighting so far. We need to change it a lot, and the lights are not positioned in the right place (for example, the white lights are flashing on the whole of the main area. We also need to change the timings in areas.

I am waiting for a good friend "DJ Famz" to mix some of Studio 13's music and voiceovers together so we can have different sounds playing in different areas for example.

Should be very good! Anyway, enjoy these small alpha videos of some of the areas.

First Corridor - Studio 13 - (WIP)

Main Area - Studio 13 - (WIP)

Please give feedback :)

•  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014

UPDATE: Studio 13 now has fully functioning doors. We have also been modifying the lighting a lot to make it as realistic as possible.

Take a look at the video demonstrating the doors in action! We are working on adding curtains to areas currently.

Studio 13 Doors

It would be great to get some feedback. Sadly there hasn't been much at all for this project :(

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2014

This is amazing! Keep up the good work. =D
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2014

How could i miss that! Looks really interesting :D I like those NL2 Walk-throughs! Good job =)
    I didn´t even know that Thorpe Park had a "Studio 13" =)
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2014

NEWS: Studio 13 is really coming along nicely... Perhaps may be one of the scariest No Limits 2 creations so far... ;)

UPDATE: I have begun on modelling for "Surf" which s the new GTX Hyper coaster I have been working on! It will have waves around the area, as you pass them at high speed, weaving in and out of other waves!

Started work on the station, and eventually the queue line will run along side the station. It will have a "shack" style theme, with surfboards on the inside. The rest of the area will be full of trees and hills eventually.

Some pictures so far of the station...

Feedback welcome!

ggddffhh

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2014

Your final turn before the station need catwalks on the outer side only.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014 edited

RAGE HAS BEEN RELEASED ON THE STEAM WORKSHOP

Rage has been uploaded to the Steam Workshop. I am currently uplaoding old projects that people have requested that I upload.

•  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2014

Coming very soon... :)

Just as a teaser, this is probably the most advanced scripted project on No Limits 2. You might get a little scared...

•  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2014 edited

Studio 13 has been released on the Steam Workshop! (Not final)

Studio 13 has been released on the Steam Workshop. I hope you enjoy it, please write some feedback so myself and BestDani can improve it.

I would like to thank BestDani for his amazing work once again. He did all of the scripting, spending countless hours doing it. It has taken a month and a half to get it to a stage that we feel is ready to be released, however we still need to change some stuff such as sounds for example.

Steam Workshop Download Page

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

There's something wrong with the upload, there are files missing! I don't recommend to download and try it out until it's fixed to get the full experience!

(Edit: It's currently not visible in the workshop, it will be back online soon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

^^ It is currently hidden and we are fixing the problem.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I went through the queue line and up to the entry door and it did not open. I pressed E like in most indie horror games but the door did not open.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

Posted By: TOGO FanI went through the queue line and up to the entry door and it did not open. I pressed E like in most indie horror games but the door did not open.

No offence if it is not, but are you joking? It is No Limits 2, not an indie horror game? We will add controls but we thought they would be self explanatory. Clicking opens the door, so click on the doorhandle.

Please delete the version you have, we are uploading a fixed version with proper sounds.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I thought you had push your body weight against the door to open it like the scripted turnstiles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

Thats only for the last set of doors. Please don't ruin the surprise. Wait until we have a working version out.

UPDATE:

Re released Studio 13. Look above in the main post for the proper download link. Everything works now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2014 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2014 edited

New park I am making...

•  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2014

love it
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

Started modelling the first station in he park. This is the station for "Boulder Run" which is an Intamin Mega-Lite.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

That's a nice boulder. I like that boulder.

No seriously, the textures are amazing.. :o By the way I really enjoyed following your livestream yesterday, thanks for that. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

Turning out into one of the nicest looking stations I have made. Here are some renderings.

Earlier...

Now...

I just have to do the actual station area then Boulder Run is essentially finished. :)

I am currently livestreaming this build... Modelling the station and No Limits
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I like it, but the low wooden fences for the queue-line is a no-no. Prefer metal fence to that!