Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2014

Thanks everyone!

It's actually yellow in the Vehicle Assembly Building, but I just liked the orange more. I think it added some contrast and just looked nicer.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2014

Before I start studying for finals, I have another update! I've finished texturing the walls and major structures of the interior (minus the roof/ceiling) and added an exit ramp. On to smaller details like signs, scenery, and other things of that nature. Please, if there is anything you guys would like to see in here, just let me know! And if there are any critiques I'll be glad to hear them. I'm all ears. I'm also looking for someone who is strong in the art of texture baking. As you may know, this model is in Sketchup at the moment and I am applying my textures there. I would love to know if it's possible to export this into blender 'as-is', and then bake ambient occlusion onto the completed model from there. That would step this thing up another level I think. So if you can help me out, just let me know.

• CommentAuthorMilBee
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2014

This is looking so sick! Your textures are amazing.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2014

Thank you Milbee!
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2014

Adding some details!

^You could get someone to work out a neat little script easter egg where that fork lift is driveable xD
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

^ Nah, someone would crash it through the wall.. On second thoughts, do it, lol.

Brawly, that is looking really awesome. What program do you use for your texturing work? I have a feeling it's one of those special 'student only' programs that can't be acquired for free, lol.
    Wait, i just read you're using Sketchup.. And yes, i know i could've deleted that line of text after finding that out.
    Love the control desk you've made.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Nope! All Sketchup my friend. I mainly get my textures from cgtextures, if not I just use plain colors to represent things like plastics or, for example, the buttons on the control panel (Though I could go grab a texture for those, they may need one..). Thanks guys!
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2014 edited

Work has diverted from the station and surroundings for a little, and I'm currently working on lift details. LSMs and catwalks have been finished, not to just make a spiral staircase up to the catwalks, and do some little wiring details and such.

The colors of the track are permanent, as are the LSMs. The Support color you see (red) will only be applied to the lift tower, everything else will be the same slate blue as before. I do this because of the actual Saturn V Launch Tower, which is red. The lift structure reminded me of the tower, so I made it red as a sort of representative of the ride's inspiration.
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2014

Looks sic brawly, love the LSM. glad you did something on the floor with the forklift, it seamed a little dull down there.
    • CommentAuthorTwicks
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2014

High Hopes for this ride, should be awesome when its finished. Love u bb brawl <3
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2014

Supporting for Saturn has been completed. I also made a path that encircles the layout, which I think came out really well. I do plan on adding more details to the path, don't worry. I still have to add articles of theming, I will have some elements that interact with the track for sure. I also need to finish the station, make the queue, exit, and on-ride picture booth. Small technical details are also needed. Next update might not be for a while with the holidays coming up, so enjoy these pictures until then!

All photos have zoom.

This scene is set to look like Mars. I will try to create scenes of other planets, however this is hard to do for 4 of them since they're gaseous. I'll likely include some scene from the moon, and maybe something else that I had planned. I also plan to model a little rover and put it on that hill!

I like how nicely the walkway meshes with the grass.

A splashed down return capsule will be placed in the center of this pond, with mist coming from it, representing the final stage of a mission to outer space.

This structure is meant to look roughly similar to the launch pads used to launch NASA rockets. The ground is "burnt" on 3 sides because the exhaust from the rocket would shoot out of these tunnels.

Happy Holidays from the Nolimits Interstellar Complex (Yes I will have a sign eventually)!

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Wow. Simply amazing!
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe

Love all the detail so far. The mars area sick, and return capsule splashdown is even cooler.

It's like a adventure through space.

•  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

Holy crap! This is honestly the sexiest coaster I have ever seen. I wish this were real.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I'm seriously amazed! This is my favorite project on NL2! Very well made a truly innovative. Waow. I need to breath.
    Amazing - I am really looking forward to the release of this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Great work so far. Love the idea of different scenes outdoors. Also, great attention to detail, those things like the three rocket burns and all that stuff makes this project outstanding. Can't wait to see more!
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

You could try and script smoke to come out of the launch pad exhausts when the train launches! That would be amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

Wow this looks fantastic! Not only is the theming great, but I also really like the layout. Looking forward to ride this one, thats for sure!
    •  
      CommentAuthorL Bosch
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2014 edited

Honestly I'm very impressed by this one and already downloaded every screenshot for further inspection. Please keep up the good work, it looks awesome. My only small gripe regarding scenery work would be the spiral staircase, which should be secured more firmly to the support structure. I would add diagonal beams to the already existing holders so they create a much more sturdy triangular shape. Also the platform at the top would need a lot more connecting beams, right now the lower part of the platform and the connecting staircase are floating in the air.

vs Fahrenheit:
    (another detail: the holders on Fahrenheit are placed to also support the straircase steps, your holders just connect to the center pole of the staircase)

Another thing would be how the platform is connected to the track. Your solution using track-support connectors sure looks unique, but I would doubt Intamin would do something like that in reality, as the track-support-connectors might be too expensive to make just to hold a maintenance platform in place (I'm specifically talking about the big tube that is created inside the track which is only needed for the real heavy-duty support connections). Some regular steel beams bolted to the track would suffice. Also the horizontal support tube shouldn't be intersecting with the maintenance platform floor, in my opinion it would be better to have one piece of floor plate. Keep it like this if you want to, just to me it doesn't look 100% believable, but also not totally wrong ;)

Another topic would be the supporting density in the flat turns. I haven't done in-depth comparisons myself for this one, but it looks a tad undersupported given the g-forces in those turns. Compare to Fahrenheit or Piraten, it might be that those have some more support poles in the turns than you have, but this of course depends on the g-forces and the banking of your track.

Similar thing for the final turn into the brakes, here you have a birail-track which is a lot weaker than tri-rail and thus needs a more dense supporting, compare to Piraten at Durs Sommerland, right at the point it changes to birail there are much more supports in place, as shown in the right hand picture above. Personally, I would also do more A-frames in the final turn, as the track is highly banked.

Again, these notes about supporting are small nitpicks which you can consider, overall this is a VERY solid coaster so far and I'm already hyped for the release.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

I love the detail at the launch platform with the burned ground!
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Thank all of guys very much. I appreciate the feedback and I will absolutely take all of it into consideration. I will try to improve on the things that were mentioned in the comments, but it means a lot to me that you guys love it so far. Have a great holiday guys.
    I'm in love with the accent color and overall scheme. I would totally mess up bringing red and blue together but you did it just so well. The ride itself looks delicately constructed with a strive for great detail. Looking forward to the release!
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2015

Just showing some vital signs. School has been taking up a lot of time, so I just got the chance a few nights ago to start furthering things in Sketchup. Next in line is the interior queue, which I want to have two levels, the second being a catwalk that wraps around the perimeter of the room and possibly goes out onto the roof. We'll see what happens. I also made a sweet little preview screen for when this thing releases.

Safety and height signs.

The exterior queue, made to look similar to when the Kennedy Space Center holds tours. Not sure what's up with the lighting engine here.

I told you I'd make a sign!

As stated, then, next update will contain mostly queue stuff, and I will try to work on technical fixes that were brought up as I move along. Until next time.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2015

Looks awesome as usual. Can't wait for the release!
    Omg, Brawly! This project just got my first attention and I must say.. Wow! That modeling is of such a huge quality and the trackwork became flawless! That detail you've put in to it.. It must have taken you ages! I know I would have done years over this! :-D
    Can't wait to download this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2015

Somehow missed this when you first posted - this looks really, really great. The layout looks great and well-paced (I particularly like the "hypercoaster interlude" airtime-overbank-airtime section in the middle of the ride), the colors are perfect, and the blast marks under the lift tower are a touch of genius. Really looking forward to this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2015

I'm so happy to see it back!
    • CommentAuthorMikey714
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2015

When will this ride be finished cause I really wanna ride it
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2015

Gonna be a while bud..
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2015

Wow it's been two months?! Obviously little has been done, but I just thought I'd let you guys know what I've been up to. I've had a LOT of school-related stuff to do, and I have 3 finals next week then I'm finally done. That, on top of work, on top of the Project X contest means not getting a lot done with Saturn, or any other of my projects for that matter. However, I just finished a pretty cool part of the queue, so I thought I'd give you guys a few pictures. Updates from now on will be picking up (hopefully), and I really want this to be done by the end of summer.

As stated, all planets are exactly to scale, with their respective tilts being exact as well. The distances apart, obviously, are not to scale (that would have this model spanning 84 meters across, while here it's around 12). I included Pluto, even though it's not a planet. Let me know if you want me to include Ceres, Eris, Makemake, and Haumea.

The first three planets, which were covered in the first picture. Notice how small Earth is. If the sun were present in this picture, all you'd see was a plat plane on the right side of the frame.
    I think that having an orange glowing panel on the side, curved to same scale, would be awesome. It would give a really smart effect.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2015 edited

That is such a cool scenery object. This coaster is still probably my favorite that is in the works. Keep it up!
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2015

I strongly support Archy's idea. That would look sick.

Looking great, Brawly, I don't think you really need the "to scale" to be the same size as our solar system, but that's a minor graphic design criticism.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2015

I could try that Archy! Although I'd need some help on the lighting, I'm still not entirely familiar with all of NL2's features. And I will edit that now Elias, thanks for the feedback.
    Wow, how did I forget about this? Incredible work Brawly.
    • CommentAuthorHarmL98
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2015

Amazing scenery!
    Keep up the good work!
    I feel like you should change the double fin magnetic brakes you have on the trim and the final brake run to single fin, like those on Maverick's brake run. It would keep it more consistent. Otherwise, looking pretty amazing!
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2015

^ Way ahead of you! Thanks for the suggestions!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRCF
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2015

I'm completely speechless on this. This is one of my favorite NL2 coasters out there. Wow.