Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2014 edited

As a side project from the park that I am currently working on, I am working on a new gen B&M Floorless. It will be themed around the Greek god Hades and feature some scenery. Here are a few teaser pictures.

screenshot-2014-11-02-14-50-30

screenshot-2014-11-08-00-49-59

screenshot-2014-11-08-01-35-52
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Laptop
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2014

I was just about to make a dive machine called hades lol.
    On topic, this is so far looking interesting but I suggest working on the drop. It looks real weird in the first picture.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2014 edited

I based the drop on a cross between the new gen b&m floorless called nitro and made it steeper like banshee's drop is steeper than oziris's. So it's basically like nitro's but steeper, which required the twist into it to be more banked
    edit: I also compared the way it rode to the drop on nitro and it rides the same, it just banks farther, and the train is longer so it has a slightly longer straight section before the twist.
    Also here are the stats:
    - 4,626 feet of track
    - 190 feet tall
    - 70 mph
    - 5 inversions
    - runs 3 trains with each train having 8 cars
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2014

I think the twist on the drop is too tight. There must be some uncomfortable snap there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2014 edited

There's no "uncomfortable" snap. There's a snap, but there's a gradual bank into it. If you look closely at nitro (which I'm basing the drop off of) it banks slightly before "snapping". There are barely any laterals there at all either.
    edit: due to criticism, I went back and I fixed the drop and made it less "snappy". I'll post pictures with the next update. Also, supports are nearly done. All that's left to support is the brake run and before lift. I've started working on scenery, which will be made out of supports due to the fact that I don't have a way of making scenery otherwise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

Sorry for the double post, but here's a screenshot of the station that I started working on, and a screenshot of the layout.

screenshot-2014-11-11-22-20-02

hades layout
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

You've literally done the same as me for my supportitecture of Grecian architecture! Great minds think alike.
    I like your layout a lot...except...the entirety of the ride from top of lift to brakes is comprised of right turns. I'd suggest at least flipping the post MCBR helix around lol, I'm not usually one to care about turning in one direction more than another - on a real ride it means there isn't any compromise when you pick a side - but for the entire ride to be right turns is too much I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16

I'd have no problem flipping the last helix. I'll do that asap. Update: right now I'm using my last 5 hours of my sketchup pro trial to make the queue paths.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2014 edited

Here's a scenery update. I've also flipped the last helix before the corkscrews, and I've also started to add another building with pillars around the turnaround between the two corkscrews.

screenshot-2014-11-12-14-23-28

screenshot-2014-11-12-14-14-44

screenshot-2014-11-12-14-14-09

screenshot-2014-11-10-22-35-27
    •  
      CommentAuthorlxpxw
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2014

Wow. Amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2014

Damn, your pillars are the same as mine! I'm gonna look like such a copy cat now :p

Loving the red lighting to create the atmosphere you are going for.
    My suggestion is to have the pillars be a separate coaster so you can make them not have rust spots and stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2014 edited

Thanks guys, I'm actually happy that I think I'm finally gonna be able to release something on the exchange after being here for such a long while haha. I wanted the pillars to look older, but not completely crumbled like modern day so I like the way that the rust (which appears dark brown as opposed to a more rust color) makes them look old. At first I had the pillars all clean and junk and as a separate "coaster" but I liked the way they looked when they are all dirty and chipped. And Arly, it's just pillars so it doesn't really matter lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Laptop
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2014

Definitely excited to see where this goes. It looks really nice.