Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2017

•  
      CommentAuthorRickPlays

• CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2017 edited

Alright, well since this foliage is pretty foundational for making good forest scenes (and unruly hedges) - here's your treat for being awesome:

Forest Underbrush - 4 Seasons

This is for testing purposes, the icons will come later.

Happy Halloween!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk

Thank you mike
    • CommentAuthorDelay

What? I spent seconds figuring out what the mathematically best answer is! SECONDS!
    I legitimately spent 5-10 seconds thinking that was real. Holy shit.
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2017 edited

After < > Before

HUGE THANKS TO SECRETIMBECILE for guiding me through some neat stuff today!

With only a few tricks in the material editor and a new texture, the depth of your scenes will be enhanced.
    Whoa.
    That looks so good
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2017

Forest Underbrush - 4 Seasons

Final update to this testing pack. Improved materials across the board - more lifelike autumn, variations in the green, recolorable flowers.

Be sure to read the readme - it explains what to do for new installs and updates from yesterday.
    Posted By: CoolioJoe100I legitimately spent 5-10 seconds thinking that was real. Holy shit.

Still not convinced that it isn't real!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2017 edited

Wow they look fantastic! Good job!

I have two minor things that I want to bring to your attention: The first nobody might ever really notice, but as I inspected your materials I found out that the mode for the normal map texture is set to bump map instead of normal map, I guess that's not what you wanted and another final suggestion: When you are really close to the object you can see a rather strong gloss on the wood, I guess it would look slightly better when the glossiness and the brightness of the specular color are reduced for the wood material.
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2017

Yeah, how do I remove that - is that just Specular = 0; in the shader core?

The normal map was fine except for the glossiness, once I remove that I'll switch them back from Height Map.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017 edited

as far as I know some of these settings can be exported from blender without overriding them there, but for the result it doesn't matter anyway.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017

Sometimes a little bit of a reflection can help the normal map stand out more, but there's times, like with a tree, where you don't want it to be shiny. So you just have to hope it still looks good with a matte surface.

Anyway, i have a question.
    Do we have some kind of a spooky tree for NL2? (apart from the Scourge Oak) And when i say 'spooky tree', i mean something like the one in Theme Park (pictured) if anyone remembers that. Dead tree with a face and branches that looked like arms..
    tree screenie
    There he is, bottom right. Apologies for the tiny image, that was the best i could find.

But yeah, just wondering..
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017

Hahaha, we do not. That would probably have to come in another theme pack!
    There's always the shoestring acacia, that would probably only require minimal updating
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017 edited

^^ I didn't think so.

Well, i had an idea. I know you're the official tree guy on here, and i also know you're probably busy. So i was thinking, if enough people wanted to see something like that, then i wouldn't mind having a crack at making a spooky tree myself.
    Just thought i'd run it by you first. What do you think?
    I'm glad this is back. Love all work you've done!