Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2015

Only problem with that is you have to cycle through additional folders in order to use anything - that can get very cumbersome when we're talking about dozens and dozens of SCO files - this is what I was trying to avoid by having only one additional folder, so that all of the SCO files are on hand with their icons and descriptions and you don't have to sift through every resource folder in order to choose the one you want.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2015 edited

Another solution is put all files in one folder。You can still separate different category of plants【Trees ,Scrubs,Flowers】 ,but in each category, all textures,NL2mat, nl2sco,models needs to mash together

EDIT : Like This
    updated again as a help... fixed the fir issue,

Fixed Fir

Now there isn't a Fir tree.

there is, under trees, fir.nl2sco...
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Could someone answer my question from the previous page please?

"How does this update? I mean, I've downloaded itl, but nothing seems to have happened? Surely I have to manually delete the old files in park folders and replace them with these new ones? "
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Yeah, there should be a new tree (Cherry) a new bush (Bamboo) and a new groundcover (Spurge) - but everything else SHOULD be the same...with CoasterInc's download - mine will separate your MAT files and you'll be unhappy.

Currently fixing my own folders :).
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

So....do I have to delete the old folders and replace with the new?
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Yes, this is a one-time thing - you'll never have to do this again...I'm a noob but I foresee a lot of plant models in the future, so I wanted to get my folders sorted before this becomes a massive pain. Hence why you have to do this update in order for future updates to work.

Sorry UncleArly!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

No, thats fine, but people were talking as if it did all the re-arranging within park folders automatically which didn't happen for me, hence the confusion :)
    • CommentAuthornannerdw

I thought the "3D Model Content" option was there to allow you to select a relative file path for your textures.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2015

I'm still having a problem. I downloaded from coaster-inc's link but it says "The compressed (zipped folder) is empty. Before you can extract files, you must copy files to this compressed (zipped) folder.
    ^ the model content folder, and the way NL has been coded, seems to only allow the forward of location referencing to ensure a distributable file... the folder tbh isnt even needed when creating cs, i dont use it anyways for my stuff... if the NL team had somehow allowed in the code that anything referenced within the actual .comnolimits folder could be used by anything else, it would have been a dam lot better... something that should be looked into ideally, then all these issues would never have happened, and it would mean the ability to create a global cs folder that could be optioned to be included in park files or not.... or at least thats the way i look at it, whether or not its possible or not i dont know

^^ dont know why your getting an empty zip, its a 7mb download and contains the foliage, i just tried it and its fine...
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2015

Huh, that was weird. It's working now. Awesome stuff!
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2015

Next up, PALMS - my least favorite (but Dapalm wanted them...and it's his week so...) ...so I did happen to find some models on the warehouse...however I've done quite a bit to these, including completely retexturing and scaling for NL2.

They certainly add a little pizzazz to your projects! Featured here are the Coconut Palm and the Indian Date Palm.
    One word: AMAZING (O_O)
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2015

Yes, absolutely beautiful!
    Q: Do they also swing with the wind like the nl-default trees?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2015

"Palms for Dapalm"

I see what you did there.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Thanks for doing these! They look amazing, now I can start making some tropical themes without the foliage ruining them. BTW, I had an idea, but I don't know if it's possible. Would it be possible, by using LODs, to change the 3D trees for their relatives 2D trees when they are X meters away from the camera? That way you could have great detail without loosing performance. But I don't know if it's possible or if it has a bad impact on memory.
    • CommentAuthorMGrides

Feedback: I love the new fooliage. But i have also a serious problem with the model path you´ve set. Since NL2 have a slider to scale the preview pictures and you can scale the selection window in size, too.. it would be fine if they are available in the "first" way.

For LOD´s: I´ve checked the simple way but it don´t work. To set an LOD in the NL2SCO editor, there must be a named object element or group (what ever you´ll call it) to tell when and which part of the model should change. As example: The original model called fir.dae and the LOD model firLOD1.dae ... in both objects must be a similar named group: firLOD1 (example name). It will be searched for exactly similar called groups inside both models. If there will be found a match and a LOD distance is set, the object will change to that LOD at the set distance. All gorups with the same names in the original and LOD model will be exchanged.

That means: I have a ride with high detailed seats called "Turboswing". The seats are one group inside the model .. this gorup is called "seats". I make a second version of the seats with much less polygons and call this gorup also "seats". I now export the original ride without the LOD group and export also the LOD group seperated. At least i have 2 models and two .dae files now. Because there is a common group called "seats" in both models there will be some LOD and group exchange at the set distance going on.

For the trees: nSeven have to modify all trees again if there should be an LOD. If you load the 2D fir tree (as example) as LOD .. there is no common group in both models to exchange =) So it would be a bit of extra work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2015 edited

^ Yep, The LODs are very hard to use , All meshes needs to be in same name ((But in the simple model, meshes was removed in Most of circumstances)

EDIT:Tried “Deep Exploration” published by Right Hemisphere and successfully reduced the polys vary from 30000+ to 400+ with 5 levels of LOD
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2015

^yeah, moved by the wind, awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Now script them to squiiiish when the coaster pass by! :p
    • CommentAuthorliamy321

^This!
    • CommentAuthornSeven

lol, if you guys want updates every week...you cannot expect me to dive into ....whatever that mess was up there...

The palms currently dont have any deform sway applied - I can't get it to control the entire tree so the trunk and the fronds sway away from each other..breaking the tree apart visually - it's been disabled for now. Thanks for all the great comments guys!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2015 edited

^ To make the whole tree shake in winds , Set ALL materials the model uses into NL2mat

use deform vertices- plant
    and set as

Frequency:0.09
    DX:0.02
    DZ:0.02

[All materials needs to be in same value

EDIT: Here is the 5 levels of LOD Sunflower file [Originally made by KlasuL-FIN ]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpsjje1eigu7uw8/Sunflowers.zip?dl=0
    • CommentAuthorPlantoris

am I doing something wrong here? all the trees are missing the textures so I looked at it and its looking for textures in a /USERS/MIKE/DOCUMENTS/....
    only way I know how to fix that is to edit the object and change each path on every texture. is there an easier way to do this? Did I miss something somewhere?

in the future it may be easier to make a NL2pkg file with all the objects(trees) in it for people to DL. then we can put them wherever we want them.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

^ yup, you didn't download the fixed version. It's in this page, posted by coaster -inc (Fixed Fir). Mike, you should post that one in the first post. I've seen a few confusions in the previous days.
    I'm confused... Did I miss those palms or aren't they released yet? :-D

@ HZGarfield: Those sunflowers look nice but they are a bit dark if I may say... But I love the swing in them!
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2015

I'm a bit behind Geoff! I should be finishing them up sometime today if time permits. The new download will have the correct file structure too!
    ^ No worries Seven! I was just afraid I've missed them but my panic is under control now! :-D
    • CommentAuthorCollin
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2015

It might seem a bit dumb but what do I have to do more except from extracting the foliage folders into com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2?

When I want to choose an object to use in the editor, the message console says, invalid file.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

You need to place them in the park file you want them in.
    • CommentAuthor72206

This pack is so amazing, thank you for letting us use it!
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Collin, use Coaster-Inc's download on page 3 instead of the main download - this will get resolved with the next update.
    • CommentAuthorCollin

Posted By: nSevenCollin, use Coaster-Inc's download on page 3 instead of the main download - this will get resolved with the next update.

I did and placed it in my current park folder and still i get "unsupported format".
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Hmm, the file structure should read:

com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2/ FLOWERS, SHRUBS, TREES (3 separate folders) / nl2cso files and a TEXTURE folder

That should be it to get the scenery working.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2015 edited

Posted By: Collin
    Posted By: nSevenCollin, use Coaster-Inc's download on page 3 instead of the main download - this will get resolved with the next update.

I did and placed it in my current park folder and still i get "unsupported format".

Have you installed the latest version of NL2? Source models for the trees are .dae as far as I know, and collada support was implemented in one of the latest NL2 updates. That's the only thing I can think of.
    • CommentAuthorCollin
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2015 edited

EDIT:

It's working, I reinstalled my pc a few days ago and i forgot to update!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Yup, I think I'm right.

@nSeven I saw your article on an old Shyguysworld Ambassador about foliage placement (and typical errors) and thought it would be a great help here. Could you please post it here too? Placing foliage is thoughter than it seems and there were some great tips on that article.
    I'm so glad you're here nSeven! Producing your stunning foliage again. This stuff is amazing quality, and it's already found it's way into most of my projects. I look forward to more!
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2015

Could you make an english boxwood bush? After you finish the palms of course, Nl2 is lacking a larger bush and this type would enable long and possibly curved bushes if multiple are used correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2015

okay this foliage is awesome, cant wait for expansions to this
    • CommentAuthornSeven

I've got CodeMaster and CoasterInc doing some testing for me on the next set of updates - I'm away from my production machine until tomorrow, but where I left it was in a good place. Should be slight texture tweaks and custom icons to finish this update up - oh and I still have to do some MAT editing to get the palm trunks to sway with the canopy.

Big thanks to a guy named StationJimJr on the RCT3 forums - he provided me with dozens of organic models and textures and I'm slowly bringing them into NL2 - just this morning I imported a swordleaf fern, a stylized English elm, a gunnera plant, a deodar cedar, and my own lodgepole pine model. Some needed texture tweaks and scaling adjustment...but most went in easy breezy. This hardly even scratches the surface of what is already available!

I kid you not, his sketchup model has every tree in a single line and it stretches many hundreds of feet. Some are not as NL2 ready, but there is a lot here that already has great bones.

So fear not if your dream tree or shrub or flower hasn't been released yet - chances are I just haven't reached that part of the line.
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

i shall fear no more
    Should I suggest the idea of having low-poly Auto-plant materials? Like small flowers that appear every once and a while, and some different grass designs?
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_haugh16
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2015

This may sound stupid, but what items do I place into the park folder for each items? I have no idea how to get them in my park.
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2015 edited

Hold on until tomorrow - I'll be doing a major update.

For future reference, you want to place the TREES, SHRUBS and FLOWERS folders in the main nolimits folder.\

California Fan Palm, Indian Date Palm & English Lavender (for HZGarfield) featured here.

More revealed tomorrow... :)
    Whoa looks so sexy (^.^)
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2015

Your tress look truly phenomenal. If I could make a request, could we get some more "bushy" trees, similar to the Maple and Elm 2D trees in vanilla NL2